Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #29
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
People seem to forget that the Camaro hasn't really been a pure muscle car in a while, it's been evolving into a sports car since the beginning.

1st - mid 2nd generation: Muscle car
2nd mid - 5th generation: Muscle car with some sports car aspects
6th generation: A sports car with some muscle car aspects
7th generation: Rather likely a electric sporty EV

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #30
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Mazda is doing some really fascinating stuff with SkyActiv, I like mazdas.
Funny you say that, because lots of Mazda guys have pretty much given up hope. I would consider myself one of them. Lots of posts on the RX-8 forum to reflect the disappointment from rotary fans.

Skyactiv engine are interesting, but they are all aimed to be economical, even the flagship 2.5T engine isn't impressive power-wise and is more about delivering good fuel-economy and low-end torque. The Skyactiv-X, from what I have gathered, isn't as impressive as it's blown up to be, at least in its current 2.0X form.

Mazda is going the luxury route instead of sporty. They have killed off Mazdaspeed entirely. Their next generation will supposedly feature some I6 engines. We will see how that goes.

If I am buying a family car, Mazda is on my list, but for something more performance-oriented, nope.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #31
zupesterLT1
2018 Convertible ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible
The problem with electric is batteries. Current Lithium Ion batteries require rare earth element mostly found in China, there is a reason they are called rare. The quantity is finite and unless they figure out a new way of powering cars, they will be SOL before they make carbon neutral.
zupesterLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #32
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zupesterLT1 View Post
The problem with electric is batteries. Current Lithium Ion batteries require rare earth element mostly found in China, there is a reason they are called rare. The quantity is finite and unless they figure out a new way of powering cars, they will be SOL before they make carbon neutral.
https://blog.ucsusa.org/josh-goldman...e-earth-metals
Old 01-29-2021, 05:58 PM   #33
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
Fairy farts...that what is going to have power these cars. Cause there is no way the current power grid can take on the additional amount of power going to be required to power up everyone's electric cars.
I am too old to change. I have test driven some electrics, they are interesting, but they arent main stream yet.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:29 PM   #34
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I'm really hoping my Camaro will last 15 to 20 more years because I probably won't last much longer than that myself and I probably wont be able to or be allowed to drive by then.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:39 PM   #35
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I'm really hoping my Camaro will last 15 to 20 more years because I probably won't last much longer than that myself and I probably wont be able to or be allowed to drive by then.
But You and I can meet up in our Autonomous PODS... and since you are 1000s of miles away, we can eat - sleep - read a book - or have milehigh relations on the way!!

WIN WIN! WIN!

WIN!
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:48 PM   #36
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
But You and I can meet up in our Autonomous PODS... and since you are 1000s of miles away, we can eat - sleep - read a book - or have milehigh relations on the way!!

WIN WIN! WIN!

WIN!
Will you be allowed to meet up in an unapproved manner, in an unapproved location, with unapproved personnel? the ultimate question of the future
Old 01-29-2021, 09:54 PM   #37
FarmerFran

Quote:
Will you be allowed to meet up in an unapproved manner, in an unapproved location, with unapproved personnel? the ultimate question of the future
I see what you did there...

And in my POD driven world - YES!
Old 01-29-2021, 09:57 PM   #38
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Oi, you got a loicense for saying that mate?

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:07 PM   #39
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Oi, you got a loicense for saying that mate?

Old 01-29-2021, 10:44 PM   #40
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
You guys saw it was 2035, not 2025? That would be the 9th gen Camaro if they still make one.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:46 PM   #41
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
People here talking about things they don't even know about nor understand, we won't have the same EV's in 15 years as we do now, just this year Toyota will release Solid State Batteries that take around 10 mins to charge, and as technology and production improves, we'll get different and improved battery types that don't require rare earth metals, and as we also get more AND cheaper sources of renewable energies (meaning your energy energy bill will be a lot lower) then the carbon footprints of electric cars will be just in their production, solar is already the cheapest energy source in the US and it'll continue to get cheaper, are you going to complain about a lower electricity bill and stopping a source of pollution?

Mind you I hate electric cars, they're smartphones with wheel instead of the raw machines we like, but the reality of the matter is that we're already outdated and on our way out, we are currently the pagers and we know how the iPhone decimated the industry, "oh it doesn't have a keyboard", we all know how that went, and people also HATE driving, why do you think so many automakers are getting into self-driving? It's what the market wants.

The environment is hurt, fossil fuels aren't sustainable, and there is no perfect solution, but there are pretty good ones and your opinions about EVs mean nothing because those who don't want to move forward stay behind and forgotten, just like the people who bashed cars when they were introduced because they aren't as good as horses, lo and behold we're talking in a car forum, not a horse forum.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:29 AM   #42
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
this.im 63 and my younger brother just had his DL pulled because of seizures.if that was to happen to me you might as well dig the hole.id be ready.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote