Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Kooks is a quality header and it's fit and design of its collector is top notch. I have used Kooks on other vehicles and been very satisfied. But, at the recommendation of my shop I went with the 2 inch ARH on my ZE and the fit is excellent. No rattles or worrisome tight spots. Also, consider the full ARH exhaust system. I am ARH all the way back with no cats. The sound is pure old school muscle.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #16
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
It's a matter of personal taste. At Atco people loved the LT + hiflo cats + NPP suitcase going all out. I wish I was a fan.

Welding = PIA for me.
I’ve always been super picky about exhaust tone. It doesn’t sound as good as the factory ZR1 mufflers on my Grand Sport did, but it’s good enough for me. It’s definitely subjective though. The side benefit is no drone at all, while also having a really quiet mode if you need it for special occasions.

And yeah, I’ll have to have my exhaust guy weld the secondary cats back on if I want it to really look factory if/when I go back to stock. But the sleeve clamps supplied with my headers should work just fine. So really no need to weld.

And hey, remember that I managed to get deep into the 10’s with only these headers, a Roto-Fab, Mamo TB, and a little tuning. I trapped a hair under 133 mph in ~1300+ foot DA. I’d say it’s worth it, but that’s just me.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote