Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Looking for Deka ETX30L Long Term Reviews...

Is anyone on here using the Deka ETX30L battery, and if so, how has it behaved in the course of say over a years use?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i havent but from what iv heard Deka makes great batteries.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:24 AM   #3
Camaro Dude

Hmmm, I'm wondering if I should have posted this thread up in a more race oriented subforum.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
Camaro Dude

Anyone?

My main concern is the 400 CCA and 26 Ah of the much lighter Deka versus the 720 CCA/80Ah of the stock battery.

Will I have issues with those lower numbers if the car sits let's say for no more than 48 hours with no trickle charger?

Many on the Internet say that the Deka model above is a rebadged Braille B3121. But the 3121's specs show 550CCA and 31Ah.

My gut feeling tells me the rebadged thing we hear about is internet tales. Or is it?

Wouldn't mind hearing from actual experience if it's out there.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
Camaro Dude

Bump
Old 10-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Thats a motorcycle battery. You might want to stay with a higher CCA. The LS3 is a high compression engine as far as stock goes. The 400 might not crank it over so well.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:07 PM   #7
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
Thats a motorcycle battery. You might want to stay with a higher CCA. The LS3 is a high compression engine as far as stock goes. The 400 might not crank it over so well.
im with you. That's just it though. On a couple spots on this forum, other car forums, BMW, Porsche, there's always this handful that claim that its CCA numbers are lower than they should be, and that it works...but then the threads turn into arguments amongst the purported users loll.

Hence my asking here if any actual experience with this battery.

I'm beginning to think not, for the reasons you describe.

I guess I'll pass on this battery.

Too bad really. 21-22 pounds, $80-$100, what more could one ask for?

The Braille 3121's are the same weight, more CCA/Ah but over double the price, almost triple even.