Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-07-2020, 04:46 PM   #15
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Right from Range's website...

I've been using it on my 2020 2SS A10 for several months, working fine...

I am aware of that... but it did not specifically state for the LT4, which is why I inquired. If it works on your LT1, great. Probably no difference between LT1 and LT4 A10 transmissions, but I'm not going to second guess the manufacturers R&D.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #16
Gr3m27

Drives: Camaro
Forgive my ignorance but why would you spend money on a product like this instead of just tuning the car to your liking. The AFM and pedal response can be tuned using HPTuner. Sure its a bit more money but products like this seem to be a waste imo, just saying.
2017 Chevy Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS A8 GPI Ported Heads, GPI SS1 CAM, Rotofab CAI, Katech Ported TB, GPI Ported IM, TSP 1.78 Long Tube Headers, Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can, Chevrolet Performance Strut Tower Brace, Factory Reproduction Style 28 Wheels, Michelin PS4S

2017 Chevy Camaro Krypton Green ZL1 Rotofab CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Michelin PS4S
Gr3m27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #17
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr3m27 View Post
Forgive my ignorance but why would you spend money on a product like this instead of just tuning the car to your liking. The AFM and pedal response can be tuned using HPTuner. Sure its a bit more money but products like this seem to be a waste imo, just saying.
Some people just don't want to tune the car for one reason or another.

And it's pretty easy to install. Just plug and play type of deal.

Not that I need one, but just saying.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:04 PM   #18
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Because tuning your car voids your warranty, this device is plug and play, doesn't leave a trace when it is removed, so your warranty stays intact...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #19
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandanK View Post
I have a 2020 LT1 with the A10. The transition is completely seamless. Honestly, GM nailed the tuning between the A10 and the AFM. The car cruises very well at highway speed, and then grabs the require gear as soon as you start to roll into the gas.

I also have a 2016 GMC Yukon with the 5.3 L83 and the 6L80, and I cannot say that it is as smooth. Don't get me wrong, they did a great job here also, but I can hear the tone change in the truck when it switches to V4 mode. The A6 obviously isn't as responsive as the new A10 either.

Both great vehicles.

Brandan
I don't understand how the A8 auto was such a big fail for so many model years. I plan to mod right away once i get my new car as it seems i can trust the new A10. I had a Range device for the 2019 C7 and still had shudder.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:12 PM   #20
CHASLT1

Quote:
You can't even notice it changing, the A10 is great. Range DOES have a device to disable AFM (I have one on my 2020 2SS)... https://www.rangetechnology.com/prod...r/parts/RA003R

(The AFM/DFM Disabler is NOT currently compatible with 2019+ 6.2L 10-speed Silverado and Sierra models.)
That is good to know. I had that V4 V8 mode on my 2013 RAM R/T pickup and never noticed it kicking in and out. But sure could with the C7.

That RAM pickup was trouble free the 2.5 years i had it.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:14 PM   #21
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by az4783054 View Post
One month ago I inquired with RANGE TECHNOLOGY if they have a module yet for my 2020 ZL1 with A10. The tech said they currently did not have a specific module for the car and if I were to use the #RA003G from my previous C7 Z06 with A8, it may not not work properly ("erratic shifting").

I sold my module and will wait for the development of an A10 specific module.

FWIW, the inquiry was answered by HOLLY tech support. HOLLEY evidently purchased RANGE recently.
They told me the same thing a few days ago.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #22
CHASLT1

Quote:
This time around if i feel i can trust the car i will tune it out and be done with it. Unlike my 2019 C7 that had trouble from the get go i did not feel ok with modding it and got rid of it 4 months later.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:00 PM   #23
Bwrin

Quote:
You can't even notice it changing, the A10 is great. Range DOES have a device to disable AFM (I have one on my 2020 2SS)... https://www.rangetechnology.com/prod...r/parts/RA003R

(The AFM/DFM Disabler is NOT currently compatible with 2019+ 6.2L 10-speed Silverado and Sierra models.)
I beta tested with Range on my 2019 SS A10. There were some weird behaviors that I brought to their attention. I hadn’t heard from them ever since COVID started, so I followed up last month and asked if the beta was still going on and if any revisions were made.

They responded back with this:

“We decided to release coverage without including the 6.2 10 speeds because of issues like you described below. Although it will not cause any harm to the vehicle or transmission, we felt the issues were substantial enough to not support that application. We are still working on a fix or potentially a new device that will support the 6.2 10 speeds but we have nothing at this time.”

So apparently it won’t hurt anything, but I haven’t been using it.
Bwrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #24
Bwrin

Coming from a 2016 V6 with the A8, and now having a 2019 SS A10, the difference is noticeable. I hear when it switches back and forth between V8 and V4, but that’s only because I have a louder aftermarket exhaust. I don’t feel the change though. It’s so much better than AFM on the A8. It’s also much more quick to go into V4 mode and stay there.
Bwrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #25
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwrin View Post
I beta tested with Range on my 2019 SS A10. There were some weird behaviors that I brought to their attention. I hadn’t heard from them ever since COVID started, so I followed up last month and asked if the beta was still going on and if any revisions were made.

They responded back with this:

“We decided to release coverage without including the 6.2 10 speeds because of issues like you described below. Although it will not cause any harm to the vehicle or transmission, we felt the issues were substantial enough to not support that application. We are still working on a fix or potentially a new device that will support the 6.2 10 speeds but we have nothing at this time.”

So apparently it won’t hurt anything, but I haven’t been using it.
I'm still confused on what the transmission has to do with it??? All this thing does is keep it in V8 mode (which it was in about 80% of the time prior), I've had it on mine and haven't seen any weird behavior (but I mostly drive in manual mode...)
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 10-07-2020, 10:48 PM   #26
Gr3m27

Quote:
Because tuning your car voids your warranty, this device is plug and play, doesn't leave a trace when it is removed, so your warranty stays intact...
Tuning or modding your car does not void your warranty, but that is a whole other rabbit hole to go down.
2017 Chevy Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS A8 GPI Ported Heads, GPI SS1 CAM, Rotofab CAI, Katech Ported TB, GPI Ported IM, TSP 1.78 Long Tube Headers, Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can, Chevrolet Performance Strut Tower Brace, Factory Reproduction Style 28 Wheels, Michelin PS4S

Old 10-07-2020, 11:12 PM   #27
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Tuning or modding your car does not void your warranty, but that is a whole other rabbit hole to go down.
How so? Why would GM warrant a car you modified (electronically) with something that isn't certified by then?

Old 10-07-2020, 11:34 PM   #28
Gr3m27

Quote:
How so? Why would GM warrant a car you modified (electronically) with something that isn't certified by then?
Chevy Dude explains it pretty good, watch this;
https://youtu.be/8C_u95ia-fw