Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-30-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
josheasley1

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro V6 2LT 1LE
Replacement Passenger Side Mirror for a 2017 2LT 1LE?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find a replacement passenger side mirror for my 2017 2LT 1LE Camaro? Sunday night I was backing into my garage at my apartment and clipped the mirror on the door and took a big chunk out of it. I went to the Chevy dealership yesterday to see how much a new one would be but they said it was going to be about $700-800 for the mirror, paint and labor to put it on. I am hoping for a cheaper route, if anyone knows where I can find one already painted which is black.

Thanks,
Josh Easley
josheasley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:42 PM   #2
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
I live near Springfield as well, did you try the local salvage yards? While I have not had luck at them in years past, a friend of mine always did. Think there were a couple of yards down by Litchfield as well.

Outside of that, Kims Autobody off of North Street is the only shop I have ever taken things to or recommended. http://kimsab.com/
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:58 AM   #3
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by josheasley1 View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find a replacement passenger side mirror for my 2017 2LT 1LE Camaro? Sunday night I was backing into my garage at my apartment and clipped the mirror on the door and took a big chunk out of it. I went to the Chevy dealership yesterday to see how much a new one would be but they said it was going to be about $700-800 for the mirror, paint and labor to put it on. I am hoping for a cheaper route, if anyone knows where I can find one already painted which is black.

Thanks,
Josh Easley
I know how you feel, I did the same once with my old Grand Am. Someone pushed a big black garbage can into the way, I didn't see it in the dark, and the monster sheared the whole mirror assembly off before giving way.

Okay, so the part numbers you need are 23386118 for the passenger side mirror assembly (roughly $200 plus the paint job from a body shop) and 23487741 separately for the glass (roughly $100, includes the blind zone alert light connector cutouts).

I can help you out with a brand new 2LT/2SS glass (23487741) for free if you pay the shipping. Just PM me if you want it.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
thatgmpartsguy.com for the mirror

heres how to install

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ghlight=mirror
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:41 PM   #5
josheasley1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I know how you feel, I did the same once with my old Grand Am. Someone pushed a big black garbage can into the way, I didn't see it in the dark, and the monster sheared the whole mirror assembly off before giving way.

Okay, so the part numbers you need are 23386118 for the passenger side mirror assembly (roughly $200 plus the paint job from a body shop) and 23487741 separately for the glass (roughly $100, includes the blind zone alert light connector cutouts).

I can help you out with a brand new 2LT/2SS glass (23487741) for free if you pay the shipping. Just PM me if you want it.

The guy in the Parts Department at the Chevy dealership said that they would take the actual glass out of my old mirror and place it on the new one. I'm not sure if this is actually what is supposed to be done but I'm going to talk to a couple more Chevy dealerships since I work for a tire distributor and deliver to them everyday. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:42 PM   #6
josheasley1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
thatgmpartsguy.com for the mirror

heres how to install

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ghlight=mirror
Thanks for posting this video, it will definitely help me out if I end up doing myself.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:44 PM   #7
josheasley1

Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
I live near Springfield as well, did you try the local salvage yards? While I have not had luck at them in years past, a friend of mine always did. Think there were a couple of yards down by Litchfield as well.

Outside of that, Kims Autobody off of North Street is the only shop I have ever taken things to or recommended. http://kimsab.com/
That might be my only option, I have a friend that works at Kim's Autobody and my neighbor that lives across the street is good friends with Kim Shirley. So I will have to get a quote on getting it painted, thanks.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
kbob

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-CHEVRO...daVjbY&vxp=mtr
kbob is offline   Reply With Quote