Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-20-2018, 06:25 PM   #1415
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
300lbs Vs Forced induction? If you go racing and tell the competition you'll spot them 300lbs if you can run a power adder you'll get laughed at.
You think that’s all there is, get your blinders off. I’ll take that bet also, because I would bet the racer would take the tires on the R way over the zl1 tires.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #1416
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Fact of the matter is it only beats it on a straight away and just barely
so your argument is dead in the water.

As I said...the ZL1 is amazing for running with a track dedicated 350 R with lesser tire, far more weight and a grand touring goal in mind. All while being about the same speed in the straits. its truly amazing. If you want to know what a track dedicated zl1 can do. Look at the zl1 1le lap times. While also being even slower than a standard zl1. About the same as a 350 r. Truly stunning thing GM chassis engineering is.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #1417
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
The thing to if he read the whole article, they said this car was the same car that got the much faster time earlier. So how were the tires and brakes this time around? If you look at the pics, they show a close up of the tires on the R and zl1, and the zl1 tires look to be well used while the R looks new. He always says tires make the biggest difference, yet he seems to forget when the R has better and newer tires.

:
You should read the article. Randy explained the lap time difference to be due to weather and track conditions not tires. In fact the only time worn tires were mentioned was in trying to launch the 350... As for the Shelby, he noted: “This car was a whole lot trickier to launch than I remember. Having worn tires didn’t help, either. "

So by your argument the ZL1 barely beat a GT350 on worn tires

Try again.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #1418
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
The R is a better balanced better handling car than the ZL1 its not some immeasurable opinion.

Just as Motor trend picked the gen5 ZL1 as the winner despite getting raped on the drag strip and losing on the road course.
The R won by virtue of its exhilarating vibrating seat and instrument panel.

Motor Trend picked the gen5 ZL1 because it was the better car. As usual, Ford cut corners while Chevy builds every Camaro to be a consistent performer.

*The GT500 also weighed 234 lbs less

Quote:
At the end of our road loops, the response from the editors was consistent. The Mustang was simply harder to drive fast. ...you’ll be faster and more confident behind the wheel of the Camaro.

The Camaro, though, was faster in the corners and pulled higher g’s in nearly every turn. ...the cars were dead even exiting the final corner. The Mustang laid down the faster lap solely by virtue of its 82-horsepower, 75-lb-ft advantage in a drag race up the front straight to the finish line.

While the Mustang was a half-second faster around the track than the ZL1 on its best lap, it couldn’t repeat the performance. By the end of the first lap, the brakes had already begun to heat up so badly, we could smell them from the pits as the car passed by on the front straight.. By the end of the second lap, the Shelby had lost more than half of its advantage over the ZL1, turning a 1:39.03. By the third lap, the Mustang was behind the Camaro, turning a 1:39.30. The ZL1, meanwhile, never deviated by more than two-tenths of a second.

At the track, though, Randy complained of serious fade. “Brakes lack bite, worse each lap,” he noted. “Feels like it doesn’t want to stop. Disconcerting.” We took a look under the cars, and where the Camaro had obvious ductwork to provide cool air to the front brakes, the Mustang had none.

So, yes, the Mustang turned a faster lap, but if it’s not repeatable, is it really a win? Find a 2.23-mile autocross and you might have something, but in any road race, the Mustang is going to quickly fall behind.

“I think I’d go Camaro just because of the braking confidence,” Pobst summarized. “I don’t like that feeling of pushing hard and just not getting enough braking g’s.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...-shelby-gt500/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #1419
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
it's called needing Forced Induction to beat an n/a car...brag about that if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. I get a chuckle out of it.
How did that work in 2014?

Shouldn’t the lighter, NA dedicated track car beat the heavier, forced induction grand touring car? The 17 ZL1 wiped the floor with the GT350R. Lol
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #1420
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
it's called needing Forced Induction to beat an n/a car...brag about that if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. I get a chuckle out of it.
Oh I do get a chuckle out of it. GM gave us 650 HP, forged internals, A10 trans, full options, and the car absolutely smokes the hell out of the GT350R...and the GT350R is more expensive. I find that absolutely hilarious. And it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Quote:
300lbs Vs Forced induction? If you go racing and tell the competition you'll spot them 300lbs if you can run a power adder you'll get laughed at.
So then why couldn't the GT350R do better than the SS 1LE?

Quote:
Fact of the matter is it only beats it on a straight away and just barely
If you call half a sec "just barely". So yea I guess the 16 SS "just barely" beat the 16 GT too...oh wait, that was more than a half second difference. Nevermind.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #1421
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
You should read the article. Randy explained the lap time difference to be due to weather and track conditions not tires. In fact the only time worn tires were mentioned was in trying to launch the 350... As for the Shelby, he noted: “This car was a whole lot trickier to launch than I remember. Having worn tires didn’t help, either. "

Try again.
He said could be, didn’t say it was. He also said the R had much stickier tires. So what is it, bald tires or what Probst said with stickier tires. Can’t have both.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #1422
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

Try again.
Exactly how worn were these tires? How much did that affect the performance? Or are you just talking out your ass? Just curious. Because to me, if the tires were all that worn, how come no other tester did any better than what they did in the quarter mile? I mean, look, I know it's hard to swallow that the almighty GT350R got it's ass kicked by the slow ZL1. But thems is the facts bro. The GT350R lost in a spectacular fashion. It wasn't even close. And you can blame God, the wind, the temps, DA, the driver, the track, TIRES (LOL), the position of the moon, Obama, terrorists, Harambe, or anyone/anything else. But it still lost
Old 06-20-2018, 08:38 PM   #1423
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

If you go racing and get smoked and try to blame it on "worn tires" then you'd get your ass laughed at too...
Old 06-20-2018, 09:19 PM   #1424
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

If you go racing and get smoked and try to blame it on "worn tires" then you'd get your ass laughed at too...
Smoked should never be used when describing .39 seconds, power adder vs N/A. you know its bad when the professionals think the n/a car must be magic.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #1425
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
So I guess now supercharger makes a track car.

He’s obviously trolling you guys. He’s not that dumb
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:56 PM   #1426
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
So I guess now supercharger makes a track car.

He’s obviously trolling you guys. He’s not that dumb
Whats amazing is he is still here and not booted. If you trolled this bad at the other camp you would have been cut off long ago.......
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #1427
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
HAHAHAHA.....I have defended the GT350 plenty of times for different reasons, but NEVER it's performance. The only thing it is 'Best" at is Buyer remorse........the amount of used ones for sale is clear evidence of that.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #1428
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Smoked should never be used when describing .39 seconds, power adder vs N/A. you know its bad when the professionals think the n/a car must be magic.
It got smoked. On the track, on the strip, everywhere. Even if .39 seconds isn't getting smoked (by your assessment), the fact that it got destroyed in the quarter mile and then got it's ass handed to it in the very thing it was designed to dominate at means that it got smoked. That's like a hooker who can't even give a decent BJ. Like, you're not even good at the only thing you're good for, LOL!! And the only excuse you can drum up is...tires. LOL! Boy, like I said, go to any track and blame getting your ass gapped on tires and you'll get laughed off track. The GT350R never stood a chance against the Zl1 and it barely holds it's own against the SS 1LE...no power adder on the LT1, what's your excuse for that?