Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-25-2023, 04:29 PM   #29
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Impressive how a post can go so negative. I was only sharing my experience when I ordered my 2024, the prices were not posted on the GM web site nor were they listed on the order sheet at the dealership and when they were posted there were 5 grand higher than the 23 model. If you don't want the car then walk away but don't think the dealership has to sell you the car for a pricing error. That's not the way the world works. So have a great holiday.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #30
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Impressive how a post can go so negative. I was only sharing my experience when I ordered my 2024, the prices were not posted on the GM web site nor were they listed on the order sheet at the dealership and when they were posted there were 5 grand higher than the 23 model. If you don't want the car then walk away but don't think the dealership has to sell you the car for a pricing error. That's not the way the world works. So have a great holiday.
Sounds like a misunderstanding.

You two seem to be discussing two different things. You are talking about a $5k increase in MSRP from 2023 to 2024.

OP is talking about 2023 MSRP + an additional $5k “second sticker” market adjustment.

The dealer agreed to sell him the car at MSRP, and when he went to execute the deal, they demanded an extra $5k on top.

It’s a crappy dealer doing crappy things.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:46 PM   #31
Motor Fast

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
The dealer agreed to sell him the car at MSRP, and when he went to execute the deal, they demanded an extra $5k on top.

It’s a crappy dealer doing crappy things.
The sales lady asked for me to send a photo of my license in and she was going to start the paperwork for me to electronically sign. I guess at some point in her doing the paperwork one of the sales managers told her to add $5k. I'll be calling Chevrolet Monday. I left a Google review for now.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2023, 07:52 PM   #32
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
These kind of stories make me wish we could just order directly off the manufacturer.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:59 PM   #33
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Unfortunately, telephonic verbal agreements are not legally binding. The only way to lock in the MSRP deal was to get a set price in writing on some type of buyer's agreement. Dirty for the dealer to add a $5k markup at the last minute, but it's being done all over the country right now. They either do the markup or some BS "protection package" they tack on. I got lucky and had an honest 100% transparent dealer that honored the MSRP price on a completely online purchase. I had it shipped to me from Michigan.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:56 PM   #34
BMLMZ

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Oh well, there are still plenty out there sitting. The camaro contrary to what you are led to believe, is still not a great seller. When dealers can fool you into thinking they are flying out the door and asking ADMs, the reality is cars.com is flooded with new ones that have been sitting. ZL1s too.

Just keep calling around and you will find one. I wouldnt even pay MSRP at this point honestly. Historically camaros have always been poor sellers and even worse resellers even in the inflated markets. Now if this were a hellcat, you'd be paying $30k over. And you'd be taking it in the a$$ too. But people are actually still buying those for over and more. Dodge just always knew how to sell them to the muscle car guys. When in reality the ZL1 is still probably the best all around pony car/sports car for the money STILL. Yet they never sold well.
BMLMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:36 PM   #35
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLMZ View Post
Oh well, there are still plenty out there sitting. The camaro contrary to what you are led to believe, is still not a great seller. When dealers can fool you into thinking they are flying out the door and asking ADMs, the reality is cars.com is flooded with new ones that have been sitting. ZL1s too.

Just keep calling around and you will find one. I wouldnt even pay MSRP at this point honestly. Historically camaros have always been poor sellers and even worse resellers even in the inflated markets. Now if this were a hellcat, you'd be paying $30k over. And you'd be taking it in the a$$ too. But people are actually still buying those for over and more. Dodge just always knew how to sell them to the muscle car guys. When in reality the ZL1 is still probably the best all around pony car/sports car for the money STILL. Yet they never sold well.
I don't think that anyone will find any SS/1LE or any ZL-1 trims just sitting on the lots on sale. There may be some LT's sitting on the lots, but the V-8 models are starting to get pretty scarce out there.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 01:14 AM   #36
Rogueleader_92

Drives: Chevy camaro, Chevy cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
Unfortunately, telephonic verbal agreements are not legally binding. The only way to lock in the MSRP deal was to get a set price in writing on some type of buyer's agreement. Dirty for the dealer to add a $5k markup at the last minute, but it's being done all over the country right now. They either do the markup or some BS "protection package" they tack on. I got lucky and had an honest 100% transparent dealer that honored the MSRP price on a completely online purchase. I had it shipped to me from Michigan.
I did the exact same thing with a dealer from Ohio, minimal BS on the pricing other then when I had to talk to the paperwork guy he told me he "HAD" to offer me all the protection plans/upgrades, even when i told him I'm declining everything he said he still "HAD" to go over each package. 5 min later final price was locked in and I had wired them the money.

Blue 2023 Camaro, 3LT, RS.
Rogueleader_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 02:46 AM   #37
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Would this be considered a scam? One of the ads that I see on here is for a local dealership that has a 2023 ZL1 convertible listed. Below the picture of the car it says No Accidents but when you look at the CarFax report it shows moderate to severe damage to the front are rear of the car. It may not be considered a scam but it false advertising.
Attached Images

jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 07:39 AM   #38
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Fast View Post
The sales lady asked for me to send a photo of my license in and she was going to start the paperwork for me to electronically sign. I guess at some point in her doing the paperwork one of the sales managers told her to add $5k. I'll be calling Chevrolet Monday. I left a Google review for now.
The juice probably isn't worth the squeeze. Personally, I'd put the energy into finding another one for sale seeing as how this is supposed to be a fun purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Would this be considered a scam? One of the ads that I see on here is for a local dealership that has a 2023 ZL1 convertible listed. Below the picture of the car it says No Accidents but when you look at the CarFax report it shows moderate to severe damage to the front are rear of the car. It may not be considered a scam but it false advertising.
Online ads aren't always completely accurate, including pricing. Whether there's intent to deceive there probably can't be proven. It's different from the OP's scenario. They agreed to sell him the car verbally at MSRP but then said wait, no, actually we're going to charge this totally arbitrary $5,000 dealer markup which we have 100% control over.

I bought a used car out of California this year. The dealer provided me with a Carfax and required me to acknowledge review and receipt of it during the document signing process. I thought that was very fair and is a model for other states to follow.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 09:14 AM   #39
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
The moderate damage could be a result of a non-accident. For example, one of my kids lightly scratched my car with the lawn mower handle while maneuvering the mower in or out of the garage. Had I not fixed that it would have shown up as damage but the car has clearly never been in an accident. It is curious that it shows “damage” in diagonally opposed corners. Could be parking lot shenanigans (shopping cart to the fender, idiot swing a door open). FWIW, the company I work for owns CarFax.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 09:24 AM   #40
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
When I ordered my 2022 SS 1LE in late 2021, I asked the dealer repeatidly if they were going to tack on an ADM or other scam fees when the car arrives in 6 months. He said no, we aren't scum bags like other dealers. And true to his word, when the car arrived there were no extra fees. They tried to push a different insurance company on me for 1 mins and that was it. 112 Chevy in Long Island NY; I would do business again with them again.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:41 AM   #41
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
If you can, search out small town dealers in other states. Assuming you are willing to travel to pick up the car. That's what I did and found my shopping experience to be MUCH more pleasant. Most were very up front and didn't play any games. The bigger city dealers just about all had a dealer markup which under no circumstances would I pay.
Old 11-26-2023, 10:05 AM   #42
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
These kind of stories make me wish we could just order directly off the manufacturer.
Agreed.