Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 06-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Exclamation To the vendor that sold my email address: ATTENTION

I posted this in another thread but I don't think the a$$hole vendor will see it so I made this thread.

I'd really like to find out which vendor sold my email address. I ordered 3 items from different vendors that advertise on this forum and all of a sudden I'm getting spammed by all kinds of douche bag websites. I do not need slutty girls or male enhancements !!!!! I hope I find out which one sold my address. I work in IT and will do my best (within the law) to make their life a living hell.

You breached my trust by selling my email address. You know who you are and I have friends that are helping me find out who you are. Pray that I do not find you.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.

Last edited by Hyper16; 06-19-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #2
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
If you work in IT you should know to not use your "official email" during eBusiness.

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
If you work in IT you should know to not use your "official email" during eBusiness.

That what I was thinking.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:06 PM   #4
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post

Wasn't 'official' but still one that I didn't expect to be compromized by a vendor that posts a privacy policy. I can deactivate the address and be done with it but that is a PITA since legit vendors send me updates, offers that I want to see, etc.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #5
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That what I was thinking.
So do y'all have disposable email addresses or just live with the spam. Doesn't matter if you use your "official" email or a bs gmail account. The spam is going to come if a vendor violates their posted privacy policy and sells your address. You still need the account if you have legit business going on. I can dispose of email accounts at will, but if I have business still in the works it becomes an issue.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
The Idiocracy

Drives: 2016 Black SS
Im no lawyer, but they are likely within the law. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in situations like this. Companies do it (or don't do it in this case) as a courtesy. I hate it too, and if you can figure it out, post it up so the rest of us don't get burned.
The Idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
So do y'all have disposable email addresses or just live with the spam. Doesn't matter if you use your "official" email or a bs gmail account. The spam is going to come if a vendor violates their posted privacy policy and sells your address. You still need the account if you have legit business going on. I can dispose of email accounts at will, but if I have business still in the works it becomes an issue.
...I think most people have disposable email addresses.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #8
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
I get you, and it does suck when any address gets spammed out. That's why I only use my Business address strickely for business. Good luck in your fight.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #9
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Never buy anything from camarosluts.com Always thought that sounded fishy. But maybe I'm just paranoid.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #10
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idiocracy View Post
Im no lawyer, but they are likely within the law. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in situations like this. Companies do it (or don't do it in this case) as a courtesy. I hate it too, and if you can figure it out, post it up so the rest of us don't get burned.

I am a lawyer, and you are conceptually right. But if they promise to not sell your email in their privacy policy, they are liable. If you are from California, you have a cause of action under the privacy rights of California Constitution (rarely ever gets litigated), and if they sell any European person's email, who resides in the EEZ, they would also be liable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #11
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
...I think most people have disposable email addresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I get you, and it does suck when any address gets spammed out. That's why I only use my Business address strickely for business. Good luck in your fight.
To be clear...........It was not my official or business email. It was an account I use for online purchases. However, I use it for a lot of online purchases so if it starts getting spammed while I have products to be delivered it becomes a nuisance. I expect that when a vendor has a policy that states they will not share your email, that they will NOT share your email. Whether they sell it or give it away. I have made my point and I hope the offending vendor reads this. As I said........YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Now let's put this to rest.

Thanks to thescout6 for the input.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #12
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I don't get the number of people who are acting as if the OP should know better. I have a burner email address, but when buying merchandise, you shouldn't have to use it if you expect the company to be reputable and want to get email updates on their catalogue. Tbh, when I think "burner" email address, I think adult websites. Those you expect to need to be careful with. Lol.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:55 AM   #13
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
You sure it was the vendor and not some guy or girl you know, who you may or may not have pissed off or perhaps you got hit by one of those fun address book spam Trojans that hit everyone linked to your e-mail aswell? Not saying it wasn't a vendor the timing is suspect but you said 3 you could name the 3 let them defend themselves or be ruled out by the community you'd be supporting those who are legit and weeding out ones that need to be reviewed by Camaro5/6 which they do.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #14
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
you guys make it sound like I shouldn't get IT spam email at my IT job. Are you saying my vendors are selling my email... oh lawdy, what has come of this world.

If you live in the electronic world, you will get spam, no matter what you do, or what you think you are doing....it's coming.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote