Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-26-2023, 10:19 AM   #43
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
If you can, search out small town dealers in other states. Assuming you are willing to travel to pick up the car. That's what I did and found my shopping experience to be MUCH more pleasant. Most were very up front and didn't play any games. The bigger city dealers just about all had a dealer markup which under no circumstances would I pay.
That is what I did. They had the price marked down $1540 or so below MSRP and the only additional fees was $3 for a 30 day paper tag. No dealer or doc fees. Everything was done over the phone. The deal was finalized on Thursday and they delivered it to me at 8 am Tuesday. I did pay $500 for delivery but I figured it would cost me $2-300 to pick it up plus one very long day.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 12:17 PM   #44
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Just don’t buy from the dealer is what I’m thinking and look somewhere else!
Old 11-26-2023, 04:04 PM   #45
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Anyone else wondering why these cars and almost all cars jumped up in price $5k-$20k in just the last 3 years? Even used car prices are highly inflated. Why? Just keep asking yourself...why?
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 05:04 PM   #46
BMLMZ

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
I don't think that anyone will find any SS/1LE or any ZL-1 trims just sitting on the lots on sale. There may be some LT's sitting on the lots, but the V-8 models are starting to get pretty scarce out there.
cars.com has 195 New ZL1s across the US for sale right now. Thats just ZL1s.
BMLMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 05:22 PM   #47
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLMZ View Post
cars.com has 195 New ZL1s across the US for sale right now. Thats just ZL1s.
I'm showing 323. It might be 195 within 2000 miles of you
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 05:30 PM   #48
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Anyone else wondering why these cars and almost all cars jumped up in price $5k-$20k in just the last 3 years? Even used car prices are highly inflated. Why? Just keep asking yourself...why?
This is actually well documented. A semiconductor shortage paused assembly of a lot of vehicles. In some cases, manufacturers built and shipped product with the promise of retrofitting later when the chips became available. Some automakers parked unfinished vehicles in stadium parking lots and abandoned mall parking lots because they needed to finish them later when the chips became available. The pictures below are from when I stopped by the Camaro plant where there were at least 4 lots full of unfinished Camaros.

Then, when the chip shortage started to ease up a bit (it still isn’t over, btw) there were other major supply chain problems that kept cars from getting built. So used cars became more expensive because people who couldn’t get the new car they wanted sought out good used cars. How many of us on this forum received really attractive buyback options for our cars because LGR couldn’t ship new ones?

So then, as those two issues started to ease up a bit, and automakers could get back to building complete vehicles, they responded by putting the most highly equipped, highest priced trim vehicles on the lot. People had already shown willingness to overpay for good used vehicles, so why not reach a little deeper into their pockets to sell them that $75,000 truck or $60,000 Camaro?
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:32 PM   #49
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
This is a Podunk dealer. I know because I live one mile from there. We're barely a one-horse town. . I've seen one or two Camaros over there maybe in the last year or so. They mostly have vets and trucks. Im surprised they were even willing to do business with you because when I inquired 2 years ago about a ZL1 they said they knew they couldn't get an allocation for it and told me to go elsewhere. I thanked them for their honesty.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 06:36 AM   #50
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Smear this dealer's name and the FULL names of everyone you've dealt with as much as you can in public. On this forum, your FB page, THEIR FB and other social media pages, heck go to your local news TV/radio/website/newspapers and give them the infom.

They deserve the ultimate smear campaign. Even if it gets you nothing in return, the satisfaction of knowing their name is at least a little muddied in your area would be fun. At least for me.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:11 AM   #51
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The moderate damage could be a result of a non-accident. For example, one of my kids lightly scratched my car with the lawn mower handle while maneuvering the mower in or out of the garage. Had I not fixed that it would have shown up as damage but the car has clearly never been in an accident. It is curious that it shows “damage” in diagonally opposed corners. Could be parking lot shenanigans (shopping cart to the fender, idiot swing a door open). FWIW, the company I work for owns CarFax.
My car shows as one accident at 700 miles because a garden rake fell on the rear bumper. I had it repainted under my comprehensive insurance so when I sell I'll pull out that invoice.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote