#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-09-2020, 08:00 PM   #1
CR1

Drives: Lexus RCF
HTX- Who ordered and paid under sticker

Hi all,

I live in Katy TX- I’m looking at purchasing a ZL1 1LE. In fact almost did a couple days ago off of a Ford lot. Car was a 19 and had 2,500 miles. Everything at first glance checked out. (I consider myself pretty anal when it comes down to how cars are cared for ha!) However, upon further inspection I noticed the rear trunk liner didn’t match up with the bumper, and in the same spot the bumper was not fully clipped in. So I walked..

Now I’m skeptical- and considering ordering new. Has anyone had any luck dealing on a new “ordered” car?

Chris
CR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #2
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Drives: '16 Z06
If a panel gap bothers you that'll make the searches harder. Many ZL1s have that rear bumper gap that usually comes with heat. You're just as likely to have that gap on a car with no miles. Just my 2 cents.
JasonGofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:51 PM   #3
CR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonGofast View Post
If a panel gap bothers you that'll make the searches harder. Many ZL1s have that rear bumper gap that usually comes with heat. You're just as likely to have that gap on a car with no miles. Just my 2 cents.
This wasn’t a panel gap. I should have elaborated more. When I opened the trunk. The right side of the trunk liner was propped by a good 1.5” and the corner of the bumper was not clipped in properly. My first thought was that it might have been rear ended and whoever replaced the bumper didn’t install it correctly.

Chris
Old 11-09-2020, 09:17 PM   #4
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
The battery is behind that liner in the trunk. It’s not unusual for a car that sits to have to get a new battery installed by the newest and lowest paid shop boy.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:00 AM   #5
Marty31

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
I ordered my 2019 and paid the GM Employee price. Saved a few thousand off sticker.
Marty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:09 AM   #6
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
You should be able to get big discount off MSRP even ordering, but you can probably find the 2020 or 2021 ZLE you would order with less than 10 miles at a dealer.

They don't have many options, get the color and trans you want with PDR and you're all set.

As far as I know a good discount is $5k+ off MSRP, a combo of factory incentives and dealer discount. I'm basing this on the experience when I bought mine new in November of 2018, not sure if 2020s are available with similar pricing.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:03 AM   #7
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Shop new nationwide and have it shipped to you if you don't have to trade something in, but bring your deal to a local dealer to see if they can match it first. I live in Houston and bought a new one from Greeley, Colorado last year. Got 18% off msrp.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:12 AM   #8
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Here is something to think about as far as price goes..

A member here and on the FB page HTown Camaro club posted his best price here in Houston and was looking for a recommendation like you I sent him the Grapevine Classic Chevy and saved him over 9k for the exact same car zl1 1le.

I ran into the same problem myself when looking for a ZL1.. I found that Classic, Bayway, Knapp, Mac Hiak(probably the worst along with the autonation on hwy 6 and in Pearland about pricing) and Lonestar(has good inventory but not the best pricing) these places were way high!

I saved 4k on my car from Classic Chevy in grapevine the original dealer had the car at Friendly Chevy in dallas and would barely budge on price.. Everyone told me to contact Bayway and have there recommended guy trade for it named JOE Machacek he saved me 2k then I saw a post on the Lonestar Camaro FB praising Eric Hall at grapevine Classic chevy He was able the to get the car another 2k lower than Joe, and 4k lower than the dealer that actually had the car. I never even had to haggle the price it was 4k lower so i went for it.. 71,333 for 60k.

So I recommend seeing Eric Hall or atleast FB messaging him he will pop up on FB if your friends w any camaro owners I bet... ALso let him know I sent ya... Jack

If your going to do this on your own I recommend you look at autotrader or cargurus search out the best price for the car you want contact that dealer tell them you have your cash or your own financing and you want a Buyers invoice (be sure to tell them all the discounts you qualify for) YOu will be emailed the invoice no games no haggling if you have your old plates don't forget you can save a few 100 there aswell.

Next you take this invoice to the dealer and tell them to match it otherwise your flying to pick it up and using southewest airlines 79 dollar one way fair and driving it home.. "walk out the door" if they don't match and tell them thanks but thats okay I have a better price elsewhere.

You will get a call back later that day for the best price guaranteed if they hadn't all ready matched before you went out the door! You have to play hard ball and sound like your wiling go this far to get the best price. Its worked for me everytime till I met Eric Hall

Eric Hall cell 214 335 3710 he can order or track you something down with in 500 or so miles..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 11-10-2020 at 07:24 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #9
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR1 View Post
Hi all,

I live in Katy TX- I’m looking at purchasing a ZL1 1LE. In fact almost did a couple days ago off of a Ford lot. Car was a 19 and had 2,500 miles. Everything at first glance checked out. (I consider myself pretty anal when it comes down to how cars are cared for ha!) However, upon further inspection I noticed the rear trunk liner didn’t match up with the bumper, and in the same spot the bumper was not fully clipped in. So I walked..

Now I’m skeptical- and considering ordering new. Has anyone had any luck dealing on a new “ordered” car?

Chris
225,000 UDS equivalent was my sticker, and I gladly paid, and it's only a ZL1, not even 1LE. And it rolls out off the docks on the 27th and I get to see it on the 30th. I'm just too happy!!
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #10
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
225,000 UDS equivalent was my sticker, and I gladly paid, and it's only a ZL1, not even 1LE. And it rolls out off the docks on the 27th and I get to see it on the 30th. I'm just too happy!!

Old 11-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #11
CR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Here is something to think about as far as price goes..

A member here and on the FB page HTown Camaro club posted his best price here in Houston and was looking for a recommendation like you I sent him the Grapevine Classic Chevy and saved him over 9k for the exact same car zl1 1le.

I ran into the same problem myself when looking for a ZL1.. I found that Classic, Bayway, Knapp, Mac Hiak(probably the worst along with the autonation on hwy 6 and in Pearland about pricing) and Lonestar(has good inventory but not the best pricing) these places were way high!

I saved 4k on my car from Classic Chevy in grapevine the original dealer had the car at Friendly Chevy in dallas and would barely budge on price.. Everyone told me to contact Bayway and have there recommended guy trade for it named JOE Machacek he saved me 2k then I saw a post on the Lonestar Camaro FB praising Eric Hall at grapevine Classic chevy He was able the to get the car another 2k lower than Joe, and 4k lower than the dealer that actually had the car. I never even had to haggle the price it was 4k lower so i went for it.. 71,333 for 60k.

So I recommend seeing Eric Hall or atleast FB messaging him he will pop up on FB if your friends w any camaro owners I bet... ALso let him know I sent ya... Jack

If your going to do this on your own I recommend you look at autotrader or cargurus search out the best price for the car you want contact that dealer tell them you have your cash or your own financing and you want a Buyers invoice (be sure to tell them all the discounts you qualify for) YOu will be emailed the invoice no games no haggling if you have your old plates don't forget you can save a few 100 there aswell.

Next you take this invoice to the dealer and tell them to match it otherwise your flying to pick it up and using southewest airlines 79 dollar one way fair and driving it home.. "walk out the door" if they don't match and tell them thanks but thats okay I have a better price elsewhere.

You will get a call back later that day for the best price guaranteed if they hadn't all ready matched before you went out the door! You have to play hard ball and sound like your wiling go this far to get the best price. Its worked for me everytime till I met Eric Hall

Eric Hall cell 214 335 3710 he can order or track you something down with in 500 or so miles..

my man. I like your style. I'll contact Eric tonight.
Appreciate the info.

Chris
Old 11-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #12
scotman623

Drives: 2020 Chevy Trail boss
Thanks for that number!! I’m going to give him a shout as well ��
scotman623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #13
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Your welcome.. mention me pls. I fb messaged him and told him to expect your calls.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:30 PM   #14
Mize442

Drives: Current driver AMC emlin X 5ltr.
Nampa Chevrolet in Idaho has a new 20201LE for 7k off.
I bought one from them a couple of months ago. Legit deal
Mize442 is offline   Reply With Quote