Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-04-2019, 07:26 PM   #29
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I only see front specs for "after" in Oct. No rear and no "before".
Old 09-04-2019, 10:33 PM   #30
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I only see front specs for "after" in Oct. No rear and no "before".
My bad i should have said "May".
In any case, it would be vital to check current specs, to see if they walked between May and now. If the same shop then i would reasonably suspect they have again. But no idea when those tires were put on, so...
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #31
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
I will be going back next week to have them check current specs. I'm having the PS4S's mounted next week. Not going to drive the car until then.

I will immediately go to a high performance alignment shop for an OEM alignment, and then check it regularly.

Everything is bone stock. Suspension is set for track. There have been no impacts or damage. I can't see it being a rubbing issue because the left side is showing the same thing, but much less. I did not post the rear because I didn't think it was relevant.

As far as the inside tread being done, I disagree. It might not show clearly, but I looked carefully and the inside tread is only slightly more worn then the rest.

Good lesson. ONLY go to a high performance alignment shop with good references.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #32
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I had an issue with alignment shop on my daily driver (not my 1LE) I was eating tires. Horrible wear from center to inner treads , it rang true that the technicians were not tightening things up and it was walking. It took me 3 times and a set of front tires worn.

As mentioned a good alignment shop is key and checking the alignment every 6K on the daily. The 1LE has been checked right around few times and it did walk but that was with track use and driving on the twisty.

Actually just purchased another set of Goodyear OEMs for $730 from Tire Rack. They posted that they were 2015 production.. but hey that is fine with me. About to start hitting up the tracks again.

OP glad to hear your getting that discount from Costco for premature wear. They are pretty good on their tire pricing..
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #33
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura 1LE View Post
were not tightening things up and it was walking. It took me 3 times and a set of front tires worn.

As mentioned a good alignment shop is key and checking the alignment every 6K on the daily. The 1LE has been checked right around few times and it did walk but that was with track use and driving on the twisty.

How i understand it for the front suspension, the only loosening and tightening up to adjust toe would be the jam nut on the outer tie rod to allow it's movement. Are technicians simply not tightening the jam nut? Or it is more complicated than that?
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #34
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
How i understand it for the front suspension, the only loosening and tightening up to adjust toe would be the jam nut on the outer tie rod to allow it's movement. Are technicians simply not tightening the jam nut? Or it is more complicated than that?
For toe yes the jam nuts. I can see a tech leaving toe jam nut snug enough then tackling the camber because its the easiest thing to adjust. Right or wrong in the process its about speed on a rack at the big tire places. In and out. Finding a good local tire shop that ensures they take care of you is key. Learned my lesson. That being said using a big name tire shop is ok. But get their free alignment package that way you see uneven tire wear or feel the wheels not tracking to what you want take it back before you loose another set of front tires early.

My 2 cents... advice
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #35
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Had the new PS4S's installed this morning. Can anyone recommend an excellent high performance alignment shop in the Ft. Lauderdale area?
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #36
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura 1LE View Post
Finding a good local tire shop that ensures they take care of you is key. Learned my lesson. That being said using a big name tire shop is ok. But get their free alignment package that way you see uneven tire wear or feel the wheels not tracking to what you want take it back before you loose another set of front tires early.

My 2 cents... advice
I either ask a fellow autocrosser/road racer or look up a quality race shop. Yes you will pay ~$150, but time is money - taking a day off work is not free to take a car back multiple times at a local tire shop.

Now if you have a friend at the local shop - perfect.

Ft Lauderdale - has got to have some decent high caliber shops...