Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-30-2019, 08:55 PM   #57
DrBlockHed

Drives: 18 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
Thanks!
I got the expel done in Syracuse, NY. Place called CNY solar protection. Owners name is Bruno. Great guy and great at what he does.
I did not have the whole car done. Just the parts I felt susceptible to rocks and road debris.
He is very reasonable.
Place I went wanted 3k for xpel on entire front of car, rear panels and bumper. Ceramic coating was 1600 more!!

What parts did u have done?
DrBlockHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #58
99BLKBRD

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Mosaic Black A10
Car looks amazing!
99BLKBRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #59
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlockHed View Post
Place I went wanted 3k for xpel on entire front of car, rear panels and bumper. Ceramic coating was 1600 more!!

What parts did u have done?
Whole front bumper. Cups of the door handles, side mirrors, portion in front of the rear tires, Apillars, rear spoiler. He also tinted my windows.
I paid 1200 for all of thee above. He did not do the paint correction or ceramic.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:35 PM   #60
Ravis22

Drives: Hyper blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
8200 Canadian.
Paint correction, full Suntek PPF over the entire car, ceramic coat rims and over the PPF, and full tint including windshield. I’m really happy and blown away by how easy the car is to clean.
These cars throw rocks cause of how far the tires stick out. I highly recommend you do the rear quarters too. The area in front of the rear wheels will get sandblasted.
Car looks awesome Crushed!!!👍👍👍
Hey Scottyz... I’m looking to get PPF and potentially ceramic, curious your thoughts on the ceramic over the ppf? I’d seen differing opinions on its value on top of PPF. Thanks.
Ravis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:38 AM   #61
GA1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravis22 View Post
Hey Scottyz... I’m looking to get PPF and potentially ceramic, curious your thoughts on the ceramic over the ppf? I’d seen differing opinions on its value on top of PPF. Thanks.
I did full ppf on my car and the local installer uses LLumar. LLumar platinum (which I got) has hydrophobic properties which as I understand it is a big selling point for ceramic coating. The shop didn't even try to up-sell me the ceramic coating. I believe if you get XPEL (the gold standard for ppf) or any other company that you should get ceramic over it.
GA1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #62
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
OP- how bad was the paint job as originally delivered that you needed 40 hours of correction? Do you have any before pics?
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #63
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR8402 View Post
OP- how bad was the paint job as originally delivered that you needed 40 hours of correction? Do you have any before pics?
just a FYI: I have an 18 and I spent 40 hours on my paint also. Sure from the naked uneducated eye, paint looked great. once you put a light on it the gremlins will appear. granted I'm anal for sure but 3-4 days working the paint is not unusual. Sure I could have used products with fillers in them to mask it temporally but that's not how I roll...
Old 09-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #64
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
this is why I dont buy a inspection light....LOL

I dont wanna know....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #65
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Xpel ultimate PPF to the front half of the car and Rockers, Xpel Stealth to the hood. Self healing PPF.
Feynlab Self healing ceramic to the rest of the car, Gyeon coat to the wheels.
Attached Images

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #66
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
just a FYI: I have an 18 and I spent 40 hours on my paint also. Sure from the naked uneducated eye, paint looked great. once you put a light on it the gremlins will appear. granted I'm anal for sure but 3-4 days working the paint is not unusual. Sure I could have used products with fillers in them to mask it temporally but that's not how I roll...
I hear you. I've found plenty of little things that I could correct on my new paint job...I guess I have different standards using it as a daily driver than I would if it were a garage queen: I know eventually there will be worse defects that appear, and it's not worth removing cc just to correct small imperfections that only appear in the worst light.

Also: I'm almost certain that if I spent 40 hours in the span of a week working my paint, my wife would kill me.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote