Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Jonnydz

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Best alignment specs for even tire wear

I Have a lifetime alignment and can dial it in however I want. Just had to replace front after 8k and 1 track day. Front camber was -2.4 and tow was 0 from 3k on. The 1st 3k miles I know it was way out of toe from the factory (I bought it used with 1k and drove it home another 2k). The fronts were both corded on the inside with a few 32nds left on the middle and outside. I am in fl with zero fun curvy roads except on and off ramps. Other than my track alignment for 3 or 4 events in the winter, what should I be running the rest of the year? 0 toe and 0 camber all the way around? Or maybe just a slight camber like -.5 front and back? Idk. Let me know whatcha think. And ya sc3 going back on.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
concrete

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
with the camber at track setting, if the toe is off, tires will get trashed in no time. i hit a pothole and drove 100 miles on it and the drivers side tire was corded on the inside. i think factory is 1deg camber. you probably don't need to run zeros. just make sure the toe is zero'd out. that's the biggest thing. i run year round with track camber/alignment
concrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
I run mine in track alignment specs year round and I daily mine. With , like you say, mostly straight driving with some on-off ramps here and there, my wear is about even on all 4's.

Remember, the stock Goodyear F1 SC3 tires are designed for the amount of negative camber's these cars have and like. There is more tread on the inside edges to counteract the additional negative camber. This is why a lot of people who swap them out for PS4 and such will see cording on the insides.

The F1 SC3 was DESIGNED by GY for this car specifically (and the ZL1).

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Remember, the stock Goodyear F1 SC3 tires are designed for the amount of negative camber's these cars have and like. There is more tread on the inside edges to counteract the additional negative camber.
The tire is the same diameter on the inside edge as it is on the outside edge. If you measure the tread depth in the inspection holes on the outside and compare to the depth of the tread pattern on the inside of the tire, you will see the same usable amount of rubber. The outside edge of the tire is designed to wear into a single block for cornering. But this doesn't mean the tread is less than the inside. It is true that there is less tread pattern, but not less tread.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:34 PM   #5
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
The tire is the same diameter on the inside edge as it is on the outside edge. If you measure the tread depth in the inspection holes on the outside and compare to the depth of the tread pattern on the inside of the tire, you will see the same usable amount of rubber. The outside edge of the tire is designed to wear into a single block for cornering. But this doesn't mean the tread is less than the inside. It is true that there is less tread pattern, but not less tread.
I'm pretty sure it does. I read an article about it a while back. I don't recall the source, I'll see if I can find it again.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:27 PM   #6
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Running -2.7 camber, over 10,000 miles a few cold day atox on PS4S and they are wearing nice across the entire width. I am not kind to them

Toe is what kills tires. Camber keeps you on the road.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote