Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #197
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Forgive me if I ask a redundant question but reading through this thread usually leads to my mind drifting off to something other than the reason I'm reading with the wealth of info available in this topic

I've only just discovered that Sport mode with the nannies shut off is really the only place you want to be in order to launch the car with full tire spinning bliss

My question is, what is the difference between being in Sport mode.... and a double click of the Traction Control switch compared to a press and hold of the traction control switch for 5 seconds or so? Both turn on the TC disable and STAB disable lights, but the double click also shows Comp mode on the readout. So whats the diff? Can anyone explain?
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:23 PM   #198
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Yep: please read the very first post of this thread.
All the info is there. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #199
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Yep: please read the very first post of this thread.
All the info is there. Cheers!
Ok. I've read it again and yes it answers most of my questions.

Let me ask a different question....If I wanted to COMPLETELY shut off all nannies, say to drift the car without any type of Stabilitrak or E-LSD kicking in ...what mode would you choose? Because I'm not seeing an option for that.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:11 PM   #200
White_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Hello, long time reader, first time poster.

I know we didn't buy our 1LEs to go drag racing, and I doubt I will do so, but I do have questions about Launch Control as some of the events I "compete" in (and I use that term very loosely) have a Launch Box/Stop Box event where I think it would be handy.

I cannot find Launch Control in my '19 SS 1LE. I sat there for a half hour pouring through menus and setting combos, never see the option in the DIC like the manual shows for Launch Control.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited by White_1LE; 07-26-2019 at 03:45 PM.
White_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #201
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_1LE View Post

I know we didn't buy our 1LEs to go drag racing, and I doubt I will do so, but I do have questions about Launch Control as some of the events I "compete" in (and I use that term very loosely) have a Launch Box/Stop Box event where I think it would be handy.

I cannot find Launch Control in my '19 SS 1LE. I sat there for a half hour pouring through menus and setting combos, never see the option in the DIC like the manual shows for Launch Control.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Page 26 of your High Performance Supplement.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #202
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
Ok. I've read it again and yes it answers most of my questions.

Let me ask a different question....If I wanted to COMPLETELY shut off all nannies, say to drift the car without any type of Stabilitrak or E-LSD kicking in ...what mode would you choose? Because I'm not seeing an option for that.
The diff is part of the drive train, so you cannot turn it off. But you can disable all the nannies (TC and Stabilitrak by pressing the TC button for min 5 secs).
And trust me you can then drift the car (assuming you have sufficient talent for it ). Cheers!
Old 07-26-2019, 06:38 PM   #203
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Put it in competition mode. Floor it quickly and hold it there. The rpms will settle, then release the clutch when ready. You can get a much better launch doing it yourself without using launch control. It just takes a little practice. A 1LE has won the V8 stock drag racing event two years in a row at Camaro Fest.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 01:49 AM   #204
White_1LE

I followed the directions from the HP Supplement from page 26. It states to reference "Custom Launch Control" in the main Owner's Manual, which I did and found that section starting on page 176. But the menu shown on page 177 in the Options section for Launch Control in the DIC is simply not there at all.

I tried all of the PTM modes within Track mode as well as Competition Mode in Sport. I followed the directions and had the parking brake off, steering wheel straight, doors closed, tried clutch out in N and clutch in in 1st. Nothing.

Do SS 1LEs not have "Custom Launch Control" but have some other version of Launch Control that is not configurable? I spoke with a gentleman with an '18 ZL1 1LE and he said he has those menus and can configure his Launch Control settings.

Still confused...
Old 07-27-2019, 05:44 AM   #205
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
I followed the directions from the HP Supplement from page 26. It states to reference "Custom Launch Control" in the main Owner's Manual, which I did and found that section starting on page 176. But the menu shown on page 177 in the Options section for Launch Control in the DIC is simply not there at all.

I tried all of the PTM modes within Track mode as well as Competition Mode in Sport. I followed the directions and had the parking brake off, steering wheel straight, doors closed, tried clutch out in N and clutch in in 1st. Nothing.

Do SS 1LEs not have "Custom Launch Control" but have some other version of Launch Control that is not configurable? I spoke with a gentleman with an '18 ZL1 1LE and he said he has those menus and can configure his Launch Control settings.

Still confused...
You cannot adjust the launch rpm. It's all preset from the factory. Did you try what I said above?
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:40 AM   #206
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
The diff is part of the drive train, so you cannot turn it off. But you can disable all the nannies (TC and Stabilitrak by pressing the TC button for min 5 secs).
And trust me you can then drift the car (assuming you have sufficient talent for it ). Cheers!
Thank you for your answer, I'll file that away for an empty parking lot one day
Old 07-27-2019, 07:41 AM   #207
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
You cannot adjust the launch rpm. It's all preset from the factory. Did you try what I said above?

As yotaman said, it's not customizable. You just hold the pedal to the floor and the revs will climb up and then back down and settle at 3500 I believe. Than just feather the clutch as much or as little as you want when launching.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #208
White_1LE

Thanks guys. That is what I figured from what I was seeing.

Mine settled down to about 3000 rpm. Definitely feels better launching without using it in Sport - Competition Mode. Maybe more practice will help.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #209
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Thank you OP. Very informative.
NA18CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #210
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by B19 Coupe View Post
Thank you OP. Very informative.
My pleasure!