Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
rfm4000

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE SIM
eLSD questions

My eLSD reader constantly shows 2% slip (or higher) while just coasting.
at dead stop it shows 0, which is correct.

What does everyone elses read when just cruising? Under acceleration? Obviously I understand under acceleration it will be different.

Thanks in advance
rfm4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Mine is at 0 when driving straight.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #3
Stocktastic

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS 1LE
2%
Stocktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I paid closer attention driving this afternoon. It goes between 0 , 1, and 2 percent. But its usually 0.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:15 AM   #5
R3ctivision
1LE Convert

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I also see 2% a lot.
R3ctivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #6
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I always thought that was an odd display.

Is the 2% the speed difference between the shorter front tires vs the taller rear tires?

I vaguely remember seeing 0-2% while driving, but it's not something I'm going to monitor much while driving around the streets. I'll look tonight when I take the car out.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:08 AM   #7
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I saw 1% on mine this morning. I'd guess that this display measures LH vs RH rear wheel speeds to calculate the slip, and if that's the case I'd think 0-2% is normal for straight line driving. There's going to be a slight difference in rolling radius of the tire based on corner weight, tire pressure, and even a little bit of the tire's construction itself. I'd also not be surprised if there's a tiny bit of an error between the wheel speed sensors. Could be other sets of sensors on the car, but wheel speeds make most sense to me.

I'll do some poking around to see if I can find a more solid answer, because now I'm curious how it's actually calculated as well lol.

Last edited by Alpha1BC; 04-13-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Alpha1BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #8
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
I saw 1% on mine this morning. I'd guess that this display measures LH vs RH rear wheel speeds to calculate the slip, and if that's the case I'd think 0-2% is normal for straight line driving. There's going to be a slight difference in rolling radius of the tire based on corner weight, tire pressure, and even a little bit of the tire's construction itself. I'd also not be surprised if there's a tiny bit of an error between the wheel speed sensors. Could be other sets of sensors on the car, but wheel speeds make most sense to me.

I'll do some poking around to see if I can find a more solid answer, because now I'm curious how it's actually calculated as well lol.
I was wrong, found the answer on the Corvette forums here.

In short, the eLSD % number is the percent of lockup the eLSD is at. 100% corresponds to max lockup which I think is a differential breakaway torque of 2000 Nm (high performance supplement says 200 Nm, but my guess is that it's a typo based on the corvette forum response. 200 Nm seems like a really low breakaway torque).

The wheel slip number is showing the average rear wheel slip vs. the average front wheel slip, so a small percentage when driving should be expected.

For the more in-depth wheel slip description, this value isn't to be confused with different rotational speeds from different rolling radius in the front vs. the rear. In order for a tire to produce traction forces, there has to be some amount of slip. In the case of driving straight, this means that the rear driven wheels are actually spinning slightly faster than you'd expect based on rolling radius and vehicle speed. The reverse is true for any non-driven wheel or when braking; those wheels will actually be spinning slightly slower than expected. The faster you go, the larger this slip ratio becomes because more tire traction force is required to overcome aero drag. At 0 speed it should be at 0 (but per the post above, sometimes this number calculation doesn't do a good job at low speeds). At 45 mph, I was seeing 1% wheel slip. I'd imagine at highway speeds, it's possible to see 2 or even 3% wheel slip.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #9
rfm4000

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE SIM
thanks for the response. glad this got cleared up!
rfm4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #10
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Dumb question: How do I configure to be able to see the eLSD display?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:23 AM   #11
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
I was wrong, found the answer on the Corvette forums here.

In short, the eLSD % number is the percent of lockup the eLSD is at. 100% corresponds to max lockup which I think is a differential breakaway torque of 2000 Nm (high performance supplement says 200 Nm, but my guess is that it's a typo based on the corvette forum response. 200 Nm seems like a really low breakaway torque).

The wheel slip number is showing the average rear wheel slip vs. the average front wheel slip, so a small percentage when driving should be expected.

For the more in-depth wheel slip description, this value isn't to be confused with different rotational speeds from different rolling radius in the front vs. the rear. In order for a tire to produce traction forces, there has to be some amount of slip. In the case of driving straight, this means that the rear driven wheels are actually spinning slightly faster than you'd expect based on rolling radius and vehicle speed. The reverse is true for any non-driven wheel or when braking; those wheels will actually be spinning slightly slower than expected. The faster you go, the larger this slip ratio becomes because more tire traction force is required to overcome aero drag. At 0 speed it should be at 0 (but per the post above, sometimes this number calculation doesn't do a good job at low speeds). At 45 mph, I was seeing 1% wheel slip. I'd imagine at highway speeds, it's possible to see 2 or even 3% wheel slip.
Checked it out last night, like posted the yellow top read out is the lock up percentage of the eLSD. Just cruising it is very low as you don't need posi lock up. Accelerate from a dead stop and that percentage will jump up as the eLSD fights for traction. Mild pull and I got it to jump up to 52% pretty easily.

Lower display is a bar graph of what would be considered rear tire slip. Cruise is nothing, slowing down is nothing, but acceleration gives you a reading. Hard acceleration from a low speed will light up the graph pretty good. Mild acceleration while cruising will light up a bar or two.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #12
Wallbank
2017 Krypton SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Dumb question: How do I configure to be able to see the eLSD display?
It's in the performance tab. If you don't see it you might need to go into settings and add the page
Wallbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #13
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbank View Post
It's in the performance tab. If you don't see it you might need to go into settings and add the page
Thanks for guiding me.
How can a page be added in the settings?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #14
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I would think it has to do with the road as well. Highways tend to drain better and slight difference in the grade from left to right of the road surface. Also a long sweeping turn with the grading of the highway will tend to make the rear slip a bit more.

I have noticed with tracking the car on CW track the left side tire are a bit more worn than the right and my is at 1% to 2% constant now on a flat road with very little grading.
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote