Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #15
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Nothing.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #16
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Nothing.
Ditto for me as well. I wanted a Camaro since FOREVER............

BEST car I have ever owned!!!

Take a bow GM!!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #17
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Went from a Gen 5 - looked at a couple of Cadillacs... sat in a Gen 6 - game over
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #18
Boone
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Believe it or not, Audi A4. That was before I saw the 50th Anniversary Edition. Love at first sight.

Previous:
1999 Camaro Z28
1992 Camaro RS
Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #19
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Wasn't looking. Was content with my Gen5, until I decided to take a Gen6 for a test drive. That's all it took.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
C7, ATS and M2. I looked at the GT and Scat Pack but wasn't seriously considering. The C7 was too snug and hard to get out of. The ATS needs to be a V to contend but too expensive in comparison. I was really drawn to the M2 but it would have been at least $7k more than a fully loaded 2SS with less performance.

After deciding on the 2SS, my local dealer offered $7k less than fair trade value on my 13 ZL1 and wanted full MSRP for the new car (16s were just hitting the streets). I contacted Becky/Rodger and got a very fair deal. Best car ever.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #21
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone View Post
Believe it or not, Audi A4. That was before I saw the 50th Anniversary Edition. Love at first sight.
of course
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #22
Maiden Rush

Drives: '17 SS H50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
I am looking at the RC350. Used 2015-16 about the same price as new SS.
Like the looks, no doubt better quality, value..etc
Looked at the new Miata too, but passed.

What else did you consider?
Hey Jack,

I wasn't in the market at all nor paying attention. Back in August my son and I were wondering if Chevy introduced a 50th anniversary edition and after a quick google search, it appeared. I knew I wanted that car. I did a buyers agreement without having done a test drive. The instant I pulled it forward from its parking space and felt that beasts power... what a great moment that was. No Remorse!
Maiden Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #23
ian351c

Drives: 2017 Camaros 2SS
My long story: I had owned a 2006 Magnum SRT8 for 8 years and it was starting to show its age, plus I wanted to get something the wife could drive (she never felt comfortable in my Magnum) and that the kids could pile into for short trips. So I ended up in a 2015 200c, which wasn't too bad once they'd figured out the software on the transmission. Of course, two years later no one drives the car but me, we almost never pile the kids in it and the wife has a shiny new minivan that she loves (better her than me). So now I'm itching for something more like my Magnum. And I see on Jalopnik that Chevy is doing their 20% off deal on lots of their cars, including the SS! Something that would be fun to drive and would still fit the kids in back if I needed to! Yay! I started hunting one of those down, in Peacock Green (basically British Racing Green), a color I've always wanted but was never able get on any of the cars I've bought over the years. Then I found out about the seat belt recall (Oy! What a mess!). By the time that was done and I was finally able to sit in one (already sold but still on the lot waiting for a seatbelt to come in), my reaction was "this will do, I guess" (having owned a 2004 GTO, I know there are certain compromises you have to be willing to make with a car that's not really built for the American market and I got that same feeling sitting in the SS). Nevertheless, I started the process of finding one to buy. Of course, by then it was either a color I didn't really want or wait for a chance at a 2017. I had decided to pull the trigger on a 2016 and was at the dealer with the wife, when I saw a Black F1fty SS sitting on the lot. We took it for a spin while my sales guy was tracking down the SS and that was pretty much all she wrote. My wife could tell I was in love with the car and she was too (we met at the street races about 15 years ago, so she has an appreciation for fast cars). We also test drove a used Grand Cherokee SRT, but that thing is definitely more truck than car. Great for what it is, but not what I was looking for.

So now I'm the happy owner of a 2017 Camaro SS in Garnet Red. I swear, one of these days I'll have my Green car, even if I have to paint it myself!
ian351c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:40 PM   #24
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian351c View Post
My long story: I had owned a 2006 Magnum SRT8 for 8 years and it was starting to show its age, plus I wanted to get something the wife could drive (she never felt comfortable in my Magnum) and that the kids could pile into for short trips. So I ended up in a 2015 200c, which wasn't too bad once they'd figured out the software on the transmission. Of course, two years later no one drives the car but me, we almost never pile the kids in it and the wife has a shiny new minivan that she loves (better her than me). So now I'm itching for something more like my Magnum. And I see on Jalopnik that Chevy is doing their 20% off deal on lots of their cars, including the SS! Something that would be fun to drive and would still fit the kids in back if I needed to! Yay! I started hunting one of those down, in Peacock Green (basically British Racing Green), a color I've always wanted but was never able get on any of the cars I've bought over the years. Then I found out about the seat belt recall (Oy! What a mess!). By the time that was done and I was finally able to sit in one (already sold but still on the lot waiting for a seatbelt to come in), my reaction was "this will do, I guess" (having owned a 2004 GTO, I know there are certain compromises you have to be willing to make with a car that's not really built for the American market and I got that same feeling sitting in the SS). Nevertheless, I started the process of finding one to buy. Of course, by then it was either a color I didn't really want or wait for a chance at a 2017. I had decided to pull the trigger on a 2016 and was at the dealer with the wife, when I saw a Black F1fty SS sitting on the lot. We took it for a spin while my sales guy was tracking down the SS and that was pretty much all she wrote. My wife could tell I was in love with the car and she was too (we met at the street races about 15 years ago, so she has an appreciation for fast cars). We also test drove a used Grand Cherokee SRT, but that thing is definitely more truck than car. Great for what it is, but not what I was looking for.

So now I'm the happy owner of a 2017 Camaro SS in Garnet Red. I swear, one of these days I'll have my Green car, even if I have to paint it myself!
Hey Ian, nice story.
I am glad you havent found that green car though :^)
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:47 PM   #25
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
I cross shopped my 2016 2SS with a GT350. Only one local dealer had one in March 2016, and wanted 7k over sticker for a non track package model. Almost 60k for something that would overheat on a road course? No thanks. I got my 2SS which is a much better DD for 41k and have been happy since.
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #26
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Was looking to replace a BMW 328i vert with something more hot roddy. Looked mostly at E93 M3 and 335is since I was shopping vert only. Considered a 08+ jag too. But sort of fell into the SS. Long time Chevy guy and owned 4 other camaros and 4 vettes including two C6's. But never liked the 5th gen. Didn't realize 6th had come out and was so good in vert form. And then with the 20pct blow out ended up with a new car for similar price range I was shopping for 5 year or older BMW's. Plus own two other BMW's and my daily driver is a M5 so something different seemed like a great move

So far couldn't be happier. Only put 2500 miles on it so far. Prettt much storing for the winter at this point for a few months anyway.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:18 AM   #27
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Spent an entire day hopping to different dealerships to test drive a circuit full of fun cars:
  • Mazda MX-5
  • Ford Mustang
  • Jeep Wrangler
  • Dodge Challenger
  • Chevy Camaro

I figured I'd get my mid-life crisis out of the way while I'm in my 20s and don't have kids but already have a house.
  • Mazda MX-5 - SUPER fun car, fantastically well-equipped in the GT model, super-snug interior, a trunk that makes the Camaro's look like a mini-van
  • Ford Mustang - Worst test drive for a performance vehicle. They had enough gas for 6 miles according to the computer, we went in basically a big square, never above 25 mph. Pass.
  • Jeep Wrangler - Really fun in a completely different sort of way compared to a Camaro. Also creamed everything else from a pratical perspective.
  • Dodge Challenger - Feel free to update this one Dodge.
  • Chevy Camaro - When first pulling up and seeing the hyper blue one to test drive I said to myself "yessss". Great experience with no-pressure test drive and let me spend as much time as I wanted with it. Coming from owning multiple GM vehicles in the past, including trading in a 2013 Chevy Equinox, the Camaro instantly became my #1 choice.

It really came down to the Wrangler and Camaro. Not driving anything more than a 4-cylinder in my past the Camaro's power won me over. Also I figured if I'm going to do this, I should do it right and not base every decision solely on practicality In all honesty though, save for buying new furniture at Ikea, there really hasn't been an issue with the Camaro not being "practical" for my needs, so win-win all around!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #28
Phidelt59

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I was coming from a Gen 5 1SS and was also really considering ATS 2.0 Coupe with the manual. I test drove it a couple of times prior to the Gen 6 being in stock at any dealers near me. The Caddy had been on their lot for almost 8 months and they were literally dropping the price on it 1k per month. It handled great and I did really like it but the Camaro blew it out of the water. Of course there's no sound comparison from the 2.0 to the LT1 but the 2.0 is a spunky little engine. It's funny I liked the interior of the 2SS over a Caddy. Don't regret getting the Camaro one bit.
Black 5 Spoke
Phidelt59 is offline   Reply With Quote