Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-07-2023, 08:50 PM   #43
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericID10T View Post
The poor yellow one, looking on from the shadows in jealousy.
I thought the same thing. The SS looks more angry the ZL1 looks more smiley.

Spent close to 3 hours on it today:

Removed dealer ad (I asked them not to put it on the paint)

Foam cannon/ pressure rinse

Iron decon/ pressure rinse

Hand wash

Nanoskin "clay"

Hand wash

Tomorrow is a polish. Really hoping I don't need to compound, the swirls are real.

EDIT: just did a test run with a green pad and M205. Looks perfect at half machine speed with 4 passes! This will be easy. Probably get by with 2-3 passes, there isn't a hint of swirl left.

Very surprised, the Yellow SS paint is STUPID hard. Cutting pad and M105 and you still need patience.
Attached Images

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 07-07-2023 at 09:35 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:18 PM   #44
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
She’s a beaut! Best of luck with it, and enjoy!
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:42 PM   #45
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Looking great so far!
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:46 PM   #46
CamaroMando

Drives: GT 350R
It does look kinda nice.
CamaroMando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 11:12 PM   #47
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Nice... Now to figure out the added a mile, lost 5% of the gas thing.
They’re probably not related. On and off the truck a few times could have clicked another mile over, especially if it was close to a new mile anyway.

Five percent of the 19-gallon tank is less than a gallon. None of the mechanical elements of this “problem” are highly accurate. Maybe the dealer was trying to save a buck by short-filling the tank a little bit. Maybe the sensor in the pump hose at the gas station shut off the flow a little early. Maybe the engine, after a cold start and running a little rich for several minutes used that much gas. Or maybe all of these things worked together, multiplying their built-in inaccuracies, to burn the several mouthsful of gas you’re stressing over. Does it really matter? The relationship with your car starts when you take delivery, not in the past. (Did your wife account for every boyfriend and everything she ever drank before she married you?)

Go out to the garage, hug your new car and sleep in it tonight. In the morning, you’ll have a whole new perspective and the throbbing need for a nice, long drive.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 11:31 PM   #48
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
They’re probably not related. On and off the truck a few times could have clicked another mile over, especially if it was close to a new mile anyway.

Five percent of the 19-gallon tank is less than a gallon. None of the mechanical elements of this “problem” are highly accurate. Maybe the dealer was trying to save a buck by short-filling the tank a little bit. Maybe the sensor in the pump hose at the gas station shut off the flow a little early. Maybe the engine, after a cold start and running a little rich for several minutes used that much gas. Or maybe all of these things worked together, multiplying their built-in inaccuracies, to burn the several mouthsful of gas you’re stressing over. Does it really matter? The relationship with your car starts when you take delivery, not in the past. (Did your wife account for every boyfriend and everything she ever drank before she married you?)

Go out to the garage, hug your new car and sleep in it tonight. In the morning, you’ll have a whole new perspective and the throbbing need for a nice, long drive.
It was a two car enclosed trailer.

I know two new facts for the theories:
My car was loaded first (pick up first) and when it arrived the other car was in back. Maybe he moved it to balance the weight. But that would be like 15 feet.

You are very wrong on one point:
The relationship with the car starts when you PAY for it.
Old 07-10-2023, 07:20 AM   #49
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Needs a good bath, but already took her for a spin. Started raining 1 mile in so it was a short trip
I'm biased, but that yellow SS in the back is still a BA looking car. We're over half way through 2023 and that car still looks awesome - Chevy did it right with that one. Part of me will always regret selling mine.

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote