Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2017, 06:16 AM   #29
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
I am VERY interested in this ram air as well lol.
I bet you are considering it was your idea. You get the first one.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:57 AM   #30
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
Things certainly have changed over the last say, 10 years. Back then I was buying Mustangs and remember lining up upgrades for my 06 Mustang GT the night before I picked it up. New Borla exhaust, cold air kit from K&N, lowering springs from Eibach, camber plates from BBK and high rate sway bars from Ford Racing were all in the line up and would give me projects to do all summer. Best part was is that you could actually feel or hear the difference with each modification. It gave you the feeling that you were creating a unique custom tuned car just for you. You also had something you could share on the forums, in the parking lot or at a car show with other Mustang owners.

Fast forward to my latest purchase of a 2SS with NPP and MRC. I've got to tell you that it would be very difficult for me to do better on this car. I'm very happy being able to select the exhaust note and MRC has performed better than any set up I've owned. From what I have read cold air kits on these cars have very minimal if any value and if you add a high flow filter that value shrinks even further. With all these items off the list the only true "bolt ons" that I've seen at my level of ability to add on is basically a catch can which again there is some debate as to it's effectiveness/value.

Even going after the vanity mod aspect is getting more difficult. Being a 2SS I actually really like my interior as it is. Being a daily driver that sees snow duty lowering the car doesn't make sense and ground effects are too much of a liability. The only thing I would really like to change out is the spoiler as I personally think the car would look much better without it or with the RS blade. Only issue here is that you either have to find someone with an RS (in hyper blue, in Michigan if you're out there) that wants an SS wing or get ready for some paint work to fill holes, which to means it isn't a bolt on.

I guess I'm kind of a victim of a company giving me everything I've asked for. Out of the box this new Camaro is wicked fast and has had more of what I want (except spoiler delete) that I have ever been able to get off the shelf, ever. Not a bad place to end up but it has taken something away at the same time.

Last edited by bturner2; 11-30-2017 at 07:12 AM.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:49 AM   #31
T-Man

Drives: 09 Cobalt SS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
TSP is working on rocker arms. I am supposed to get the first set for testing. I need to follow up on that. I am not sure if they will be stock replacements or have geometry differences that will only really benefit stock cam cars.
I'd be curious to know how much added weight will be involved with the TSP rockers?
T-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #32
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
However, it would be fun to be able to consider more aftermarket parts for our cars without going down the road of having to get really specific on tuning and dumping tons of $$ into it.
I just took a snipet out of your post. This caught my attention, it may be the most overlooked part of your thread. Dialing in your car can make the biggest leap in performance bar none. You can add the bolt ons that were suggested but if it isn't tuned properly, you are not optimising the changes that you made. I picked up the HP Tuner software and have been tinkering for months with my tune. I started out not knowing a damn thing about it, sometimes taking 1 step up and 2 steps back....but it's all about the journey and not just the destination.

If you haven't done it yet, go buy the tuning software and start picking brains, it's very self satisfying when your car runs like a raped ape.

Great input from some good guys on this thread....damn I love this site !!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #33
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
I'd be curious to know how much added weight will be involved with the TSP rockers?
I am not sure. After running the LS TFS heads and aftermarket rockers way back I have been done with them. I run the stock rockers with trunion upgrades.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Says something about being for supercharged applications...

Not sure about it....
I did see that but from what I read from the manufactures page itself, it will work fine on our factory SS cars.
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #35
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRich2SS View Post
I did see that but from what I read from the manufactures page itself, it will work fine on our factory SS cars.
I have one on a car. It works fine.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #36
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Good to know.

Maybe with that and your ram air I could pick up a bit
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #37
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Worth the $$?
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:57 PM   #38
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRich2SS View Post
Worth the $$?
I know it ain’t worth no 500 bucks :(

But if it will help even a little I’ll probably buy it.... I’m dumb
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:01 PM   #39
PRAY

Like I said, with only 10% and the A/C being stock I wouldn't expect mare than 5-7rw tops. Could help the motor spin up faster and better manage the high rpm harmonics though. Three pounds of rotating mass on the crank is quite a bit.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #40
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
So I have the PRAY ported intake manifold and TB. The Rotofab is in the mail. After that, I know I can do the exhaust, but is that IT? Maybe i'm just old school, but I kinda miss the days when I could throw so many other small bolt ons at my cars. It was fun to spend a little extra $$, install a part, and add it to the list...So, am I forgetting other worthwhile bolt ons that our cars respond well to, or is intake/exhaust/tune pretty much all we can do?

What else do you need, everything else has been done at the factory for you. 455hp and 455 lbs Tq. Want more power, get a tune or go inside the engine.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #41
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
My car runs ok with bolt ons

My car runs ok without Bolt ons.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #42
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
I am about to start vending a really nice catch can and I am also working on a ram air piece for the Roto-fab but will work with the other CAI's if you can get them to seal up. You could also do an under drive pulley. And then as King mentioned, you can "bolt on" a set of my ported heads. There are electric cut outs as well but with where mine ended up they didn't do much. However, I have a full 3" exhaust so I wasn't expecting much.

I had a semi ram/scoop setup on my 2011 Camaro. How will yours work?