Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #43
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
If they take an appointment for 8:45, they should be working on your car by 8:50. If you are late for your appt, you should call them, and say hey, I'm going to be late. Then they can work on someones else car.
When I took my Camaro in for warranty work, I told them what I needed. They said they will order the part and call me back. They called a couple of hours later, said the part is on the way, made an appt. I came in, and an hour later they were done. My Camaro was in the service pickup area, the service manager walked me around my car, explained everything, all good.
Lynch Chevrolet in Burlington Wisconsin.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #44
FIFTY017

Drives: 2018 Silverado Z71 TxEdition
Its unfortunate that your family has had such a great experience for years and one idiot can ruin that relationship. I've become use to that when I drop my camaro off, i'll be getting a loaner. That being said, I ask for a fully loaded whatever they have available. Texas Edition Silverado was a nice vehicle to have. Someone will be there to exceed your needs. Just gotta find em.
FIFTY017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #45
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
All that hassle for a loose bolt?
Why not tighten it yourself?

I have to agree here.....................

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:26 AM   #46
MarkC

Drives: 2018 HBM 2SS/1LE
OP post sounds very similar to my last experience at a local Chevy dealer when I went in for one of my free oil changes in my last car.

I had an 8:30am appointment, got there at 8:15 to wait in line at service counter, at 8:25 was told they wouldn't be getting to it for 3 or 4 hours. I politely said that I had an 8:30 appointment, and the reply was the manager patting on a stack of work orders and saying that they were all ahead of me and I should call for a ride home if I didn't want to wait.

I got my keys back and did the oil change myself. I don't have very high expectations at service departments, but if I have an appointment I expect the dealer to at least try to get it in on time. That's why people make appointments!

If I find a good business that wants me as a customer I'll reward them unless their price is just stupid high. And at the same time, if I'm treated like crap I won't be coming around any more.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:33 AM   #47
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
The Mistress gets her oil changed at the home spa.

But my DD Genesis dealer gets me in on time with my oil change appointments. Their online tool has an option for drop-off or while-u-wait, and they always ask the same question. I usually wait and they always start right away. Usually under 30mins, never more than 45. I tell the service writer not to bother checking the air filters, etc. because I do them myself, so they don't waste their time trying to upsell.

Good customer service is possible and it exists if they give a $#!t and you communicate properly.

To the OP (who overreacted, IMO) and everyone else whose dealers can't get out of their own way...
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:49 AM   #48
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I grew up in the area and actually have family who own a Chevrolet dealership in the area - when I lived there they had a great reputation. However the car business is COMPLETELY different than it used to be.

You may have bought X number of cars there, but they only make a couple hundred bucks of margin if they are lucky on each. It really means nothing. The last remaining place for the dealerships to make any decent money is in service, and that is how the OEMs tell them to do it. They over-book the service department because GM says they have to.

In the end, buy the car with the place that has the best deal on buying the car. When it needs warranty work, go to the dealer that has the best service. When you have to pay to get it fixed, dont even bother with the dealership.

I bought a new 1SS1LE on 8/16. Got it home and saw the hood wrap had some wrinkles and was actually torn where someone opened the hood with the wiper arms up. Also have some paint issues.

Reported that day, brought it back the 17th because that was what my sales guy told me to do (which was a Saturday). Turns out the body shop doesn't work on Saturday. No phone calls during the week, call the sales guy AGAIN, he get the body shop manager to call me - we set a verbal appointment for Friday at 10am to look at the car - I show up at 9:50 - she didn't even come to work that day. Assistant Manager sets an appointment for two weeks from the coming Monday to get everything fixed.

Call the day before the appointment - still no hood wrap. Dealer lies to me says it is on back order. I have other sources so I contact my nephew who runs the parts / service department at the families dealership in Michigan - runs a report on how many wraps are available on how long the back order is. Turns out there is a surplus - and there are no reported needs for a wrap in Minnesota (where I live).

I call Gm Customer Care - tell them all of the above. Ask GM how to lemon law a car - they contact the dealer, turns out they never ordered the wrap. Dealer has lied to me over and over, and this is probably the dealership in the Twin Cities Area with the best "Small Town" reputation (Main Motors, Anoka - 100 year old family owned dealer).

In the end - they dont care. The business is so brutal, its not that its greed, but they are basically in a "sell cars or die" situation.

The dealer doesn't care, your sales guy doesn't care, GM doesn't care.

It is now 9/21 - the hood wrap on my car is still jacked. Ive spent hours on the phone with the service manager, the sales guy, the finance manager, the sales manager, the floor manager and the owner AND GM customer care. I have had the car back three times (80 mile round trip each). I had to finally get a Lemon Law attorney to call the dealership and within 24 hours I went from dead in the water to a set appointment for 10/1.

I can't wait to see how this goes with the actual repair.
DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #49
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post

I have to agree here.....................
Read the responses please. There’s an answer to this if you read further.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #50
Kiteboarder85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Why not take the loaner? Sounds like the attitude started with you.
Someone didn’t read everything I see.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #51
Kiteboarder85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I grew up in the area and actually have family who own a Chevrolet dealership in the area - when I lived there they had a great reputation. However the car business is COMPLETELY different than it used to be.

You may have bought X number of cars there, but they only make a couple hundred bucks of margin if they are lucky on each. It really means nothing. The last remaining place for the dealerships to make any decent money is in service, and that is how the OEMs tell them to do it. They over-book the service department because GM says they have to.

In the end, buy the car with the place that has the best deal on buying the car. When it needs warranty work, go to the dealer that has the best service. When you have to pay to get it fixed, dont even bother with the dealership.

I bought a new 1SS1LE on 8/16. Got it home and saw the hood wrap had some wrinkles and was actually torn where someone opened the hood with the wiper arms up. Also have some paint issues.

Reported that day, brought it back the 17th because that was what my sales guy told me to do (which was a Saturday). Turns out the body shop doesn't work on Saturday. No phone calls during the week, call the sales guy AGAIN, he get the body shop manager to call me - we set a verbal appointment for Friday at 10am to look at the car - I show up at 9:50 - she didn't even come to work that day. Assistant Manager sets an appointment for two weeks from the coming Monday to get everything fixed.

Call the day before the appointment - still no hood wrap. Dealer lies to me says it is on back order. I have other sources so I contact my nephew who runs the parts / service department at the families dealership in Michigan - runs a report on how many wraps are available on how long the back order is. Turns out there is a surplus - and there are no reported needs for a wrap in Minnesota (where I live).

I call Gm Customer Care - tell them all of the above. Ask GM how to lemon law a car - they contact the dealer, turns out they never ordered the wrap. Dealer has lied to me over and over, and this is probably the dealership in the Twin Cities Area with the best "Small Town" reputation (Main Motors, Anoka - 100 year old family owned dealer).

In the end - they dont care. The business is so brutal, its not that its greed, but they are basically in a "sell cars or die" situation.

The dealer doesn't care, your sales guy doesn't care, GM doesn't care.

It is now 9/21 - the hood wrap on my car is still jacked. Ive spent hours on the phone with the service manager, the sales guy, the finance manager, the sales manager, the floor manager and the owner AND GM customer care. I have had the car back three times (80 mile round trip each). I had to finally get a Lemon Law attorney to call the dealership and within 24 hours I went from dead in the water to a set appointment for 10/1.

I can't wait to see how this goes with the actual repair.
Aw man, that is unfortunate. I wish you the best in getting it fixed. I can tell you that GM does care for the most part. My father is a Sr. Design Engineer for GM and he’s always telling me about bulletins on different cars that go around. When issues arise, they do for the most part try to fix things.

I’m a believer that education at the Dealer level is below par.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #52
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
Someone didn’t read everything I see.
lol, like the threads where OP asks a question, it's answered correctly on the 2nd post, but the thread goes on for 8 pages.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #53
Kiteboarder85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
lol, like the threads where OP asks a question, it's answered correctly on the 2nd post, but the thread goes on for 8 pages.
This is why i'm always cautious on posting a new thread and sharing an experience. Everyone has their own opinions and ways about dealing with things.

I guess being in a professional business role, I have higher expectations just like how I expect my teams to treat my companies customers in the Chemical industry.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #54

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Similar situation...lol...Nothing new, been happening for many years...

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #55
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
Aw man, that is unfortunate. I wish you the best in getting it fixed. I can tell you that GM does care for the most part. My father is a Sr. Design Engineer for GM and he’s always telling me about bulletins on different cars that go around. When issues arise, they do for the most part try to fix things.

I’m a believer that education at the Dealer level is below par.
I work in the manufacturing / industrial distribution world - and Yea, someone in design or engineering will care as they have emotional investments in the product / projects and they want them successful, however they don't work in Customer Service or the sales channel.

The Dealer has to get so many orders to make their program so they can keep the dealership, the district sales rep has oversee his handful of dealerships are hitting their goal so he keeps his job, the regional manager has to make sure his DMs are hitting their goal so he can keep his job, and the National Sales manager has to make sure the RMs are hitting their goals so he can go to the VP of sales and tell them everything is going as planned.

This is why cars get shipped with rattles, squeaks, bad hood wraps and loose tie rod issues. Sales drive everything.

Like I said, I have family that own a dealership in Michigan. They have 11 techs, and would go broke sending them all to training for the amount of training that could be had. They could spend 100% of their time in training if they were allowed to.

However, service is the last place the dealers have to make margin for the whole company, and 70% of that work is warrenty work (which means pre-negotiated rates to fix something). Most likely your dealer is less than enthusiastic about fixing the issue multiple times because GM is not even paying them to fix it - and are probably being "dinged" by GM because they didn't fix it correctly the first time. GM will use that as a "scape-goat" to not authorize the repair, and the dealer isn't going to waste their time paying someone in wages for several hours of accounting to get back a half hour of warranty labor (About $60).

My brother-in-law's dealership has been there since 1954, and they started with Chevy and Olds. In the 60's they signed on with Chrysler and eventually Jeep in the 80s. I've been going to the place since I was old enough to walk, and my Nephew who is my age runs the entire service / parts / body shop for the dealership. I washed cars there EVERY day thru the summer when I was in high school.

The situation or the dealers are bleak - and though we are all passionate about cars on this forum, it is a long way from the romantic business it was in the 80's & 90's.

The sign in front of their dealership? They dont even own it. They have to "lease" it from GM every year for hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. 10 years ago, after 60+ years doing business together, GM shows up and tells them they have to build an entirely separate service department to separate the GM service experience from the Chrysler service experience. Or loose the license. $1.5M dollars later - it was done, just to keep the same amount of business you had the day they told you that you had to do it.

5 years ago - GM shows up and requires them to build an entirely separate GM dealership from the old dealership as they want to make sure they maintain a common "experience" when purchasing a Chevrolet regardless of what dealership you go to. GM didn't care how well this small town, family owned dealership took care of their people - in the end marketing / sales wants it so they got it. This was $4M worth of money they had to borrow or not keep the dealership.

It has been YEARS since the sales dept has out sold their service work, as the system is setup for GM to keep the money. These aren't cars the dealers go out and pay cash for and markup whatever they want. If you started a dealership and wanted to buy $50M dollars of Silverados and Camaros cash up front, they wouldn't have any interest.

They are on the lot under "program" where they are told on a monthly basis how many vehicles they will sell this month vs next (it could be 30 this month and 80 next month), and the dealer doesn't get much say on what inventory they will get. If the RM thinks you should have 11 pink Bolts with yellow stripes on the lot, guess what, you are the biggest fan of Pink Bolts this month. Don't sell them in 90 days? You start paying 13% interest on it back to GM until it is gone (or then you can buy it "off program"). Until the car is "off-program", the car on the lot is not the dealer's inventory, it is GM's inventory.

There is so little margin on the cars in the sales process, whenever I buy a car I buy locally here in MN, not from the family. And they aren't even bothered by it. When I bought my Camaro 2 months ago, I called my nephew and gave him the numbers I had locally and he says "you should buy it there, GM has us setup to make $400 on one regardless of what the price is and by the time we pay the accountant to set us up to pay out of state tax in Minnesota for one car deal we would actually be loosing money.

Im not trying to ramble on - just trying let people know there is a lot of stuff in the background that can affect the customer service level at the dealer.
DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #56
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Make sure you contact GM and complain, that gives them huge bonus dings from GM if people call GM and bitch. If they get dinged enough they could lose their Chevy brand all together.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote