Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-04-2017, 09:23 PM   #15
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Thanks for the pics and info. I am surprised that this hasn't been discussed or documented here before (Gen 6 forums) I have a feeling it's the same exact design so the bleeder plug should still be at the very same location
The 6th gen TR6060 clutch bleeder is on the passenger side. (The picture I posted was from a 2016 2SS.)

I don't know about the 5th gen, but guys are saying it's on the driver's side. So, wouldn't that mean it's in a different location?
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #16
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
The 6th gen TR6060 clutch bleeder is on the passenger side. (The picture I posted was from a 2016 2SS.)

I don't know about the 5th gen, but guys are saying it's on the driver's side. So, wouldn't that mean it's in a different location?
Do you have a picture of the bleeder?
Is this the clutch bleeder with a cap you are referring to? If so it shouldn't be that hard to reach from the side (underneath the car)

Name:  bleeder.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  7.7 KB
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #17
travislambert

Quote:
Do you have a picture of the bleeder?
Is this the clutch bleeder with a cap you are referring to? If so it shouldn't be that hard to reach from the side (underneath the car)

Attachment 855670
Yeah. That's it.

Trust me. Unless you drop the back of the trans down you can't reach it.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #18
glamcem

Quote:
Yeah. That's it.

Trust me. Unless you drop the back of the trans down you can't reach it.
thanks, I will have my mechanic install a remote bleeder for me. Like X25's
Old 03-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #19
travislambert

Quote:
thanks, I will have my mechanic install a remote bleeder for me. Like X25's
No problem. Glad I could help.

I don't understand the need for the remote bleeder though... do you plan to swap fluid frequently or something?

The vacuum on the reservoir worked great for me. The bleeder on the slave cylinder wasn't needed at all.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #20
glamcem

Quote:
No problem. Glad I could help.

I don't understand the need for the remote bleeder though... do you plan to swap fluid frequently or something?

The vacuum on the reservoir worked great for me. The bleeder on the slave cylinder wasn't needed at all.
Yes, I am planning to swap the fluid at least once after (or before every track season) to avoid contamination. It may not be as bad as my Corvettes though since they share the same reservoir
Old 03-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #21
travislambert

Quote:
Yes, I am planning to swap the fluid at least once after (or before every track season) to avoid contamination. It may not be as bad as my Corvettes though since they share the same reservoir
I see. Yeah. That's probably a good idea then as the remote bleeder will no doubt be a little more convenient.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:52 PM   #22
glamcem

Quote:
I see. Yeah. That's probably a good idea then as the remote bleeder will no doubt be a little more convenient.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #23
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Thanks for the pics and info. I am surprised that this hasn't been discussed or documented here before (Gen 6 forums) I have a feeling it's the same exact design so the bleeder plug should still be at the very same location
You're welcome, but since they say it's on the other side (compared to 5th gen), I suppose you'll have to take pics yourself for us : )
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #24
glamcem

I will see if I can have my mechanic install the Tick Remote bleeder for the Gen 5 Camaro on the Gen 6. I assume it is the same size with the Gen 5 but not sure. When I called the Tick Performance they also didn't know if it's the same pitch size with the older one.

I will report back
Old 09-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #25
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
no report back. Id like to know. And on the 5th gens the sticking to the floor issue was solved by installing a remote reservoir for the clutch. Most used the small GTO reservoir.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #26
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Exclamation

What was the end result of this? Did anyone install the speed bleeder setup in a sixth gen?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:04 AM   #27
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE caSSper View Post
Correct there is no bleeder cap on trans nowadays to my knowledge.

The process is swap the brake fluid entirely - clutch fluid & brake fluid share the same tank....

If ur clutch lever is light or limp <if you bleed the brakes manually & the fluid level drops to low & air gets into the system> the process to restore it is
1 - unscrew the brake fluid cap, leave it uncovered
2 - be sure the tank is full & no leaks under the car
3 - literally pump the clutch pedal 1-200 times it will eventually come back under pressure
3.5 - If it doesn't come back after a couple hundred pumps BLEED the furthest lines from the fluid tank , passenger rear brake caliper. Then start the process all over it'll come eventually
I did this. I out a rag over the reservoir in case anything came shooting up. I did 200 pumps, letting the pedal slam up every 25 pumps to help move any air that may have been stuck. Clutch works perfectly!

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #28
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
I did this. I out a rag over the reservoir in case anything came shooting up. I did 200 pumps, letting the pedal slam up every 25 pumps to help move any air that may have been stuck. Clutch works perfectly!
This is the correct method. It’s the exact same for the Dodge Challenger with the M6 too, as it is the same transmission. You can also resolve this the same way in the 5th gen.
YouTube Channel
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote