Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Thread Closed
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #631
Ruebernard

 
Ruebernard's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 1,095
I too am interested in the performance upgrades. As for the styling, it looks like an update. It's a nice looking car but I won't be trading mine in any time soon. I guess with all the hype GM has been putting out on the car I was expecting a more revolutionary design. Hopefully the changes in performance and handling are what's revolutionary in the 6th gen.
__________________
If it were more fun, it would be illegal!
Ruebernard is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #632
Atlas
Would you kindly...
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Drives: Destitute
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Clovis CA
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Clearly the pictures they showed were not actual photos of the car. What we got were a few CG renders along with the story. I don't know how anyone can look at those CG images and interpret them as real photos????????????????????????????? Would there not be reflections on the sides of the car?????????????????????????????

The story on CNBC was definitely planned by GM. But having real shots of the car simply doesn't match up with having a big reveal tomorrow. I think they chose to use some renders to tease the story with test drive (which would not have had camo if they really intended to do the reveal)......
The pictures are real, not renders. You can clearly see the lighting equipment in the reflections of the front and rear bumpers. I agree with some other posters here, the photos were most likely intended for press coverage following the belle isle reveal. Somehow they were prematurely included with the show.

Can't wait to see photos from members here of the actual reveal. Still, from what's been shown so far, I would buy.
__________________
Atlas is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #633
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I'm mainly saying that the open bottom Lexus-style grill, the way the top grill is narrow and frames the headlights, and the general shape of the inserts for the fog light housing....which are all the things that were changed for the 6th gen....look a LOT like the new Camry, which itself is an example of all the automotive style trends right now....so the Camaro is getting "trendy" I guess?

have you not seen the 5th gen Camaro refresh? Just in case you haven't:



so maybe the Toyota looks like the Camaro?
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #634
The Patriot
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 455
I see a couple of people in here seem to think looks are superfluous and only performance counts. If I only cared about performance, I wouldn't have started with a 4,000lb + car. I can upgrade several different little imports to surpass a ZL1, and for less money. The Gen5 Camaro was the return of iconic "muscle car" style, with great factory performance to boot. It appears Gen6 has departed from the muscle car styling philosophy. Some of you like it, and that's cool, glad you are happy. Some of us think it looks terrible, and that's cool too, we still have the Gen5. As long as Chevy doesn't mess up the 2017 Corvette, I'll still be a customer.

Oh and I see a new meme in the making:

"That looks hideous!"
"Well she's a Sixth Gen, so..."
__________________
2014 2SS/RS Vert.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:12 PM   #635
TheSSpimp
 
Drives: 1976 & 1996 Impala, 2011 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 39
I'm loving the new Camaro but the new Mustang looks like a Mullet, Business up front Party in the back. lol
TheSSpimp is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #636
NJScorpio

 
NJScorpio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS, Black
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
have you not seen the 5th gen Camaro refresh? Just in case you haven't:



so maybe the Toyota looks like the Camaro?
Then again, this style could be found on the new Lexus' which was redesigned before there refresh (I think...I might be wrong). You may be right, in that it's a Chicken/Egg debate. I personally did not like the refresh, which is (partially) why I bought a 2012 in November of 2013.

It's like they took what they were doing with the refresh, and did it MORE so with the 6th Gen...so it's not my taste.

Still, when you see may of those specific style cues on Lexus/Toyota, it makes the Camaro feel a bit less special.

EDIT: 2013 Lexus IS

Not exactly a clone for the 6th Gen Camaro, but it seems to be the forbearer of this style.
__________________
I may be 100% wrong.
NJScorpio is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #637
Jeffro19

 
Jeffro19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 2,099
This would be awesome if GM showed these images and are we're not the final design and the car tomorrow is a little different than the images shown? That would be awesome! But prob not. I'm betting the pics in person will look awesome and looking forward to them.
__________________
Previous Camaro's - 2002 Z28 6 spd manual, T tops, Sebring Silver - 2010 2SS 6 spd manual, Cyber Gray Metallic

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #638
LSxWittles
 
LSxWittles's Avatar
 
Drives: Stuff and Things
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
When zooming in on the rear red render it looks like those lights were just cut and pasted on there. I'm not saying that's not them but the photo is questionable.
Just noticed that. I'm withholding judgement until tomorrow for official reveal and HD photos and (hopefully) video. These pictures would make a Koenigsegg Agera R (or whatever vehicle you think looks great, cuz not everyone has the same taste) look meh. Still not sure if these are renders or actual cars either but guess we will see tmr.
LSxWittles is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #639
DenverTaco07


 
DenverTaco07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
have you not seen the 5th gen Camaro refresh? Just in case you haven't:



so maybe the Toyota looks like the Camaro?
OMG...stop with the trying to convince people with like...logical reasoning.

the new camaro looks Exactly like:
Camry
Corolla
Civic
Accord
Fusion
Escort

DUH!!!
__________________
2017 SS 1LE | HBM | Vortech V3-Si supercharger (620RWHP and 575ft lbs) | PDR | Black Bowties | Illuminated Front Black Bowtie | Illuminated Door Sills | Smoked Tails

Εξόντωση στους προδότες

1,353,000 We are all prisoners of our own experiences.
DenverTaco07 is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #640
shine2013
 
shine2013's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I see a couple of people in here seem to think looks are superfluous and only performance counts. If I only cared about performance, I wouldn't have started with a 4,000lb + car. I can upgrade several different little imports to surpass a ZL1, and for less money. The Gen5 Camaro was the return of iconic "muscle car" style, with great factory performance to boot. It appears Gen6 has departed from the muscle car styling philosophy. Some of you like it, and that's cool, glad you are happy. Some of us think it looks terrible, and that's cool too, we still have the Gen5. As long as Chevy doesn't mess up the 2017 Corvette, I'll still be a customer.

Oh and I see a new meme in the making:

"That looks hideous!"
"Well she's a Sixth Gen, so..."
Didn't the 4th gen outperform the Mustang, but Ford's better styling led to more sales and the Camaro's death? That's why I'm worried. Ford got lazy with no competition and was our only option.
__________________
For Marvel movie news, DC movie news, anime discussions, and Transformers movie news sub to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoJ...XIINWm1ooc3rLg
shine2013 is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #641
LSxWittles
 
LSxWittles's Avatar
 
Drives: Stuff and Things
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 255
Atlas, your MR2........... GORGEOUS! Lol I know off topic but I have always had a love affair for the 2nd gen MR2
LSxWittles is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #642
Waiting46
 
Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 625
so the current assumption is 3 trim levels, why were they only showing two cars, we know theyre at different trim levels, just based on spiler setup.

the wing shown on the "SS" is different than th 3 pillar we saw, but the wheels match, could they be hiding the "1LE" for tomorrows big reveal? 16 hours to go
Waiting46 is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #643
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Then again, this style could be found on the new Lexus' which was redesigned before there refresh (I think...I might be wrong). You may be right, in that it's a Chicken/Egg debate. I personally did not like the refresh, which is (partially) why I bought a 2012 in November of 2013.

It's like they took what they were doing with the refresh, and did it MORE so with the 6th Gen...so it's not my taste.

Still, when you see may of those specific style cues on Lexus/Toyota, it makes the Camaro feel a bit less special.
The new Lexus' seem to have 1 large grill, with nothing separating the top from the bottom. Unless we are talking about 2 different lexus'.

I don't know, when I see the original 5th gen, it only seems evolutionary to do what they did. Had they changed the front end completely, there may have been a lot more people saying it's changed too much, or that it doesn't look like a Camaro anymore.

But to each his/her own.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #644
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
so the current assumption is 3 trim levels, why were they only showing two cars, we know theyre at different trim levels, just based on spiler setup.

the wing shown on the "SS" is different than th 3 pillar we saw, but the wheels match, could they be hiding the "1LE" for tomorrows big reveal? 16 hours to go
probably more than 24 hours to go, as I think they will do the reveal later in the evening.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.