Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
sounds like one of those crazies off the corner that puts an empty hand to their ear and acts like they're on their mobile phones... They always know everything about EVERYTHING ...40 years ago LMAO

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Was it Biff Tannen?!?!?!

Seriously though how old was the guy? I am guessing he had to be in his late 60s or 70s
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #17
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Those are some pretty dated questions but give the guy a break. At least he liked your car.

All of us will fall from Grace one day.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Im always totally cool and never a dick. If theyre genuine and take time to inquire about the car I always accommodate. Im not a Ferrari owner and I wont act like one.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #19
beekay70

Drives: 2010 CGM SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Was it Biff Tannen?!?!?!

Seriously though how old was the guy? I am guessing he had to be in his late 60s or 70s
He looked to be in his mid-thirties. That made the carburetor question strange. Seemed like a normal guy, apparently worked as an electrician judging by the truck that he left in. Maybe he just wasn't a gearhead, but he recognized a good-looking car.
beekay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #20
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Im always totally cool and never a dick. If theyre genuine and take time to inquire about the car I always accommodate. Im not a Ferrari owner and I wont act like one.
Not all Ferrari guys are bad.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
Apex Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Was it Biff Tannen?!?!?!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #22
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
So, did you get the 4 speed or what?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #23
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
Not all Ferrari guys are bad.
I used to go to the big shows up here. 95% in general public were arrogant to anyone asking about their car. There are some good ones true. I think with the Camaro there is a line between those who Bleed Camaro and those that bought it for other reasons. I dunno I just have no tolerance for douchy people. What do you have? My favorite handsdown will always be the 512TR not the Testarossa because The knock off hubs are the worst lol. The only issue with the TR is the F.I. system because nothing really sounds as sweet as a carbed flat 12 like in the old BB's at wide open throttle.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #24
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
I used to go to the big shows up here. 95% in general public were arrogant to anyone asking about their car. There are some good ones true. I think with the Camaro there is a line between those who Bleed Camaro and those that bought it for other reasons. I dunno I just have no tolerance for douchy people. What do you have? My favorite handsdown will always be the 512TR not the Testarossa because The knock off hubs are the worst lol. The only issue with the TR is the F.I. system because nothing really sounds as sweet as a carbed flat 12 like in the old BB's at wide open throttle.
I agree with you that most of foreign car lovers are snobs about their cars. My cousin is a huuuuuuuge Japanese car lover, so is the rest of my family. They weren't surprised with my choice to go American, because of my Camaro love and the fact that I never ever have been influenced by my family's opinion on anything.

But they think moving to the south has corrupted my brain

I also can't wait to burn his ass in my LT1
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
maximus7969
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay70 View Post
While at lunch today at Whataburger, a guy in the booth next to me asked about my Camaro. I'm used to the "how much did you pay?" and that was his first question. Although I think that it is rude to ask that kind of question without the proper context, I answered him. He then hit me with:

1. What do they have in them these days, 2-barrel or 4-barrel?
2. What kind of engine, 305 or 350?
3. Did you get the automatic? No? So you got the 4-speed?

I've heard all kinds of questions over the past 5 months, but these were the most ill-informed. Why ask a stranger about his car if you've been living under a rock for the past 20 years? Just my rant...
Man Whataburger is the bomb
maximus7969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #26
beekay70

Drives: 2010 CGM SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus7969 View Post
Man Whataburger is the bomb
Damn skippy, it is. Whataburger on wheat with jalapenos, just over 500 calories.
beekay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #27
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Maybe he had just watched Transformers.

"You've got a high-rise and a double-pump carburetor...." while looking down at the fuel injection. Of course if they looked like Megan Fox you probably wouldn't mind.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #28
Apex Paul

Quote:
No prancing horses in the garage right now, the only thing remotely exotic is a Viper RT/10. I've got a few cars on my list, but can't decide which one is the way to go; Aston Martin DB9, F430 or a Gallardo. I'm worried that people will think I'm a douche in the Ferrari or Lambo. The Aston is awesome, yet it's a lot more subtle. But before any of those I better take care of my dental school loans, lol.