EK@ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #17
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by EK@ID View Post
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...586071713.html

Long way from you in Florida though
Very long way - lol. I think I am going to get one up in NY. Similar pricing, yet 10k less miles. Of course, it's at a Chevy dealer so there is a 600 dollar dealer fee. Should be snagging it next week. I'll keep ya updated. Thanks for looking out.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #18
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK@ID View Post
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...586071713.html

Long way from you in Florida though
I'm not sure why people think it's a good idea to take pics in the snow.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:19 PM   #19
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
I'm not sure why people think it's a good idea to take pics in the snow.
That's how long he's been trying to sell it?

Probably just using an old pic. Or maybe he highballed it too much initially. Us owners tend to overestimate our car's value, we think about our "investment" and all "we put into it". Assume someone else will pay us for our "investment"
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:14 PM   #20
EK@ID

Drives: 2007 Civic Si, 1994 K20A Integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
That's how long he's been trying to sell it?

Probably just using an old pic. Or maybe he highballed it too much initially. Us owners tend to overestimate our car's value, we think about our "investment" and all "we put into it". Assume someone else will pay us for our "investment"
It's funny you should say that... I thought the same thing when I saw the initial ad with the car in the snow.

I actually messaged him some other 1LE's for sale for a lot less than he was asking lol. He had it at 38k... 3 days later he had it at 34.5 haha
EK@ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:13 PM   #21
Syclone1LE

Drives: 240z LS480 tr6060, and soon 1le ss,
Hendrick Motorsports in Virginia has a black one that's a 2ss 1LE they real aggressive at first with their pricing but don't jump on the first or second number they could give you
Syclone1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #22
musicmanz28

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green LS
Would you consider Krypton Green?
it has just over 8k miles. with PDR!
I;m in Michigan , but would be willing to make a road trip.
musicmanz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #23
Syclone1LE

There's a black one at Hendrick Motorsports in Virginia
Old 09-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #24
Syclone1LE

I've had to dealers quote me numbers out the door, for a 1ss 1LE 35500 plus tax title license and fees the other one was 37:599 V out the door with 7% sales tax, I was also quoted an under 40k number out the door for a 2 SS 1LE all these quotes were given to me in the last 30 days, all of these cars had PDR none of them came with navigation, I've seen all white 1ss 1LE in Tennessee 39000, I'm telling you this of someone that used to work for Chevy, at the right dealerships you can get $10,000 off sometimes more, though if it's a new model you're generally going to have to wait at least 6 months, GM does not permit or Chevy dealers to advertise below a certain percentage until a certain date normally it's sometime in June
Old 09-02-2018, 05:41 AM   #25
flaudia402

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone1LE View Post
I've had to dealers quote me numbers out the door, for a 1ss 1LE 35500 plus tax title license and fees the other one was 37:599 V out the door with 7% sales tax, I was also quoted an under 40k number out the door for a 2 SS 1LE all these quotes were given to me in the last 30 days, all of these cars had PDR none of them came with navigation, I've seen all white 1ss 1LE in Tennessee 39000, I'm telling you this of someone that used to work for Chevy, at the right dealerships you can get $10,000 off sometimes more, though if it's a new model you're generally going to have to wait at least 6 months, GM does not permit or Chevy dealers to advertise below a certain percentage until a certain date normally it's sometime in June
Is this with dealer incentives and rebates? Those prices seem fairly common if you factor in GMF financing at exorbitant interest rates or GM loyalty.
flaudia402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:14 AM   #26
Move_Over

Hi guys, sorry for not updating this thread. I purchased a '17 CPO with 4k miles on it back in June. Ran me right at $35000 including dealer fees, plus tax, i'd have to go look at final numbers. Got exactly what i wanted however i did travel from FL to NY to drive it back. Fun trip with my wife and made some cool memories along the way.

I will share my experiences with dealers around the country, as i had called nearly every dealer who had advertised a 1SS 1LE for sale. FWIW, i love negotiating and i will make dealers work. That's how my dad raised me, lol.

I think people have different ideas of what “out the door means”. I worked in the car industry for a while and "out the door" generally means what you paid when you left the dealer (hence walking out the door), so that would be including tax, tag, title, dealer and delivery fees. Unless you hit this purchase on the right day, right time and the dealer is literally going to shut down if they don't make a deal, i don't think you will see a new '18 "out the door" (read including, tax, tag, title, dealer and delivery fees) for less than $40,000.

I was working with Bomnin chevy down in Miami on a black one with no PDR, and they had an advertised price for $35,600. I got all hyped up because i thought i was getting a steal on the car... However their dealer fee was $1300, and their delivery fees were $900, oh and tack on another $375 for "inspection and detailing fees". I was sitting in their office with the intent to purchase a car that day, and they would not shake as their "vehicle price was the lowest advertised" BS. So we are looking at $38,175 purchase price for that car, plus TTT. (BUT IT WAS $35600!!). There was another dealer in Maryland I was working with over the phone that had an 18' with PDR listed at $37,800. Sweet another good deal, but no apparently Maryland has a minimum $900 dollar delivery fee and their dealer is $600. So yep, 39,300 before TTT.

This was the trend around the country, called a few dealers in Dallas, one out in Indiana, I never did get around to calling Becky, but maybe that would have been a good idea. But these dealers can advertise a car for whatever they want, but read the fine print. Most cars are subject to military discounts, loyalty discounts, GM financing approval, conquest discounts, ETC. Don't just come on here and slap up a number to let other members think you can get these cars "OTD" for under $40k. I see a lot of BS postings on this forums in regards to finding a 1LE for $35,500 OTD - when out the door is a subjective term apparently, which is simply just not the case when these cars have $45k stickers. Now, if you can prove me otherwise, i encourage you to, I have no problem tipping my hat if i am wrong. It would be nice to see some honest dealers out there who don't charge all these dealer or delivery fees, but that's how they make their money. One way or another, they will get the price up. If you have scored one of these cars for under 38-40k new, post up how you did it and show us the way. Don't just come up here and say well XX dealer is advertising for this price, because that could very well be far from accurate.

Last edited by Move_Over; 09-02-2018 at 06:36 AM.