Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-07-2022, 08:51 PM   #1
Bluelinebroker

Drives: 21 Camaro convertible 4cyl turbo
4cy 2.0 wont start

Hi, all hoping for some help. I bought this conv camaro 2021 model with driver side damage. It drove off the transport trailer and idled while i signed paperwork. It then died. I assumed out of gas. After weeks of it parked I have tried fuel pump, changed the plugs as they were gas fouled. It cranks very good. its a 2021 4cyl turbo camaro and hoping I can get some help.

On another note I need some headlghts as I put z28 nose on it.
Bluelinebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:58 AM   #2
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Warranty?
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #3
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
I do believe it is a salvage vehicle based on the description. Warranty will not cover it.

Honestly, buy a set of manuals, especially the electrical and spend some time going through all the circuits...

There are FAR too many possibilities as to why it is not running. There are no pictures, so damage assessment is impossible.

I take it you are a business that rebuilds cars for a living? This is based on the "broker" part of your username. If so, then shouldn't you be adept at actually "fixing" the cars you are making money on?

Sorry, been there, done that in regards to helping people just to find out they were fixing and flipping the vehicle. If you are making a buck off it, do your own work, don't ask others to fix something for you. You aren't offering to share the profits.

If you are not flipping it and going to keep it, then the same thing applies. You should get to know your own car in case you are stuck somewhere and something goes wrong.

Or, do the RIGHT thing and pay a professional to fix it. It will hopefully be done right and you won't have to worry about making sure all the details are done.

Far too many people take advantage of others. It wasn't like you wrecked the car, you got it at a huge discount because someone else did. That discount comes with the price of needing to fix it.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:36 PM   #4
Bluelinebroker

Drives: 21 Camaro convertible 4cyl turbo
HI, being rebuilt no warranty will be given. The broker in my user name was stock broker i now sell insurance. I do buy cars and trucks to drive and will sell if someone wants them. I was hoping a camaro forum has experts that would help . My local mechanics are just wanting to change parts in hopes it solves the issue. IF this is wreck related then no one would have the same issue. I just dont know how a car runs , dies then will only sporadically start. Is there a better place to ask? Thanks
Bluelinebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 12:20 PM   #5
Sith

Drives: 2018 LTG Camaro
You just need to check basics. Does it have any DTC's? Is it firing on all cylinders? Does it have consistent fuel pressure while running and starting? Can you do a compression test?
Sith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 12:40 PM   #6
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Crank, no start. Sounds like easy fix. Check codes, and go from there. Since wrecked, wiring damage.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 01:32 PM   #7
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebroker View Post
changed the plugs as they were gas fouled.
So many things could be wrong here.
All plugs fouled, or just one? leaky injector can flood the engine and make it stall. Check your oil for gas smell.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote