Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #15
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxren_Camaro'13 View Post
WHats the point of a SPORTS CAR then
To drive it fast and hard. And a Muffler delete adds nothing to that.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #16
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
im looking at it but should i buy 2 or does it already come with the set?

It's an x muffler. Like I said. You cut out the stock H pipe and you add that in place.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #17
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
To drive it fast and hard. And a Muffler delete adds nothing to that.

On topic, I have to agree to a point. Crazy volume comes from crazy power. I personally don't agree with making a vehicle loud for the sake of being loud, but then, I don't agree with a lot of cosmetic changes, and ultimately it's all personal preference.

Better in my eyes to give a direction than to just say no because then it usually still happens. And especially with stuff like this, I hate V6s that sound bad. There's a V6 Camaro and a 3.7 Mustang that both live near me, the former is true dual and the latter sounds like a cat and muffler delete (def not headers) and god do I hate both. It's the worst noise.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #18
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
It’ll Even make an SS sound like a garbage truck - I Know LOLOLOLOL
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:21 PM   #19
Jallen32

Drives: 2015 camaro SS
Quote:
i am looking into getting a muffler delete? any comments
2013 Camaro LS
Dont even waste your time or money bro. I did one when I my V6 RS, and I felt like i was in a 1995 Honda Civic with a big muffler on it. it was embarrassing. I went back and paid the guy to put the stock cans back on. 300 down the drain! smh
Jallen32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #20
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
I'd say go for it. I went for a catback delete and took off the whole exhaust system. Wish I got a video of how it sounded so I could show you, it doesn't sound as bad as people say it does. It's just excessively loud.

What I did do though, after thinking on it and all, was add a Magnaflow X-pipe resonator, from the cat-back, and this is what I got.

Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #21
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I hear speed engineering has a cheap exhaust. The headers are good for under $400
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #22
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
damn i cant afford that i will see what i do maybe a cheap r exhaust system and maybe i will but 900$ thats alot.
That's for the whole thing. You can do just cat back for less.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #23
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
i am looking into getting a muffler delete? any comments
2013 Camaro LS
I've got a muffler delete on mine, sounds great. Straight pipes in lieu of mufflers. It can get kind of mind numbing on long road trips. My favorite part is the backfires at startups, and down shifts.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #24
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallen32 View Post
Dont even waste your time or money bro. I did one when I my V6 RS, and I felt like i was in a 1995 Honda Civic with a big muffler on it. it was embarrassing. I went back and paid the guy to put the stock cans back on. 300 down the drain! smh
Yes... but that was the V6.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #25
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasthatacop? View Post
Yes... but that was the V6.
The OP's car IS a V6 too.

It will sound like a Honda Civic wearing a fart-can muffler. There isn't really much out there that will make a V6 Camaro, Mustang, Challenger sound good. Search around and see what you can come up with. Good luck.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #26
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I think the factory NPP exhaust sounds good on the V6. At least it ain't a 4cyl, I guess. Those things never sound good to my ear.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#loud