Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-04-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Stainless works redline and Corsa NPP/ Corsa Extreme

I have a couple of questions but I will start saying that I know Corsa Extreme/Corsa NPP is on back backorder and not talking about prices and stuff like that.

Has anyone here heard the Stainless works redline and Corsa NPP/ Corsa Extreme in person?

On the Stainless Works any system if you have it, have you had any issues with valve rattle or anything?

With the Valves closed does it make a noticeable difference or not really at all?

Is the Stainless works redline a lot deeper than corsa or at WOT is it even close to as loud as the Corsa Extreme/Corsa NPP?

Back story I have a ZL1 that I had a Borla S-Type NPP, now have a Corsa Extreme Axleback (Non-NPP). The Corsa absolutely Scream way over the S-Type in every way which makes me believe that the Corsa would still scream way over the Atak. I know that the Corsa Extreme and Borla S-Type isn't an apple to apple comparison. But it's that much louder that makes me think the Atak still won't be close. Don't have anything done up front yet and it will be a while before I do but wondering how the SW Redline would compare to Corsa NPP, just trying to get my setup ready for later.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:31 PM   #2
Lemmy Camaro
Theoren Hanks

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
I cross shopped these two for months. Ultimately ended up pulling the trigger on the stainless work system and I am extremely satisfied. I did have some valve issues at the beginning but after a call to stainless works and a relearn at my dealer everything works flawlessly. The valves make a tremendous difference between open and closed and I strongly prefer how much deeper and throatier the sound is compared to Corsa. Not sure what sound profile you want, but Corsa sounds more flat and raspy compared to a deep tone from SW. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions. Expensive purchase I get it
Lemmy Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
RockerC

Drives: 2016 SS, NFG, MRC, NPP, Auto
just had the redline catback with NPP installed on my '16 SS. But I cannot detect any difference in sound levels. It's loud which I like but it doesn't quiet down when I put in Touring mode. Like it's stuck on Sport/Track mode. All 4 valves appear to be wired. Any ideas as to what may be going on?
RockerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:17 PM   #4
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerC View Post
just had the redline catback with NPP installed on my '16 SS. But I cannot detect any difference in sound levels. It's loud which I like but it doesn't quiet down when I put in Touring mode. Like it's stuck on Sport/Track mode. All 4 valves appear to be wired. Any ideas as to what may be going on?
It may not have a drastic sound difference between open and closed. The Corsa is the only one I've really noticed that when the valves close you actually get a quieter tone. My Borla Atak is the same as your redline which is loud and then ear piercing.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:20 PM   #5
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
I have the corsa npp and I love it, tips look great, it sounds great, no drone. Get a lot of compliments.
Old 03-16-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
So what ended up happening I got a used Corsa NPP black tip from someone and it had valve rattle in closed position when driving around about 2500 to 3000rpm. I never really drive around with it closed just for start up and early mornings. I sold it but was straight up with the person about the rattle at certain rpms. Exhaust built in Oct. 2021 After shipping in all I only loss $60.

So I put back on my Corsa Extreme (Non-NPP) back on. So fast forward and Zander13 (Youtuber) Had a issue with this car and did what he do. Needless to say I drove about 3 hours and had him install (I slightly helped) his double helix X-pipe and Corsa NPP black tips. Got it for a great price and give him my stock system. Also these valves don't rattle or at least not yet. Exhaust built in Jan 2022.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:26 PM   #7
RockerC

Drives: 2016 SS, NFG, MRC, NPP, Auto
Stainless works red line

update: Finally got it sorted out (would not switch to stealth mode). It was just a matter of re-connecting the valve wiring. apparently when it was installed it was on LOUD and it stayed there. Shop reversed it and mode switch works fine now. A lot of $ but worth it and should pass MA inspection now. At WOT in 4th or 5th it just screams!

Love the sound! Can't say enough positive about ECS in South Windsor, CT.
RockerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 11:06 AM   #8
R_Mac_1

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Camaro View Post
I cross shopped these two for months. Ultimately ended up pulling the trigger on the stainless work system and I am extremely satisfied. I did have some valve issues at the beginning but after a call to stainless works and a relearn at my dealer everything works flawlessly. The valves make a tremendous difference between open and closed and I strongly prefer how much deeper and throatier the sound is compared to Corsa. Not sure what sound profile you want, but Corsa sounds more flat and raspy compared to a deep tone from SW. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions. Expensive purchase I get it
I know this is an old post but I just installed a stainless works system and had a quick question. What was your issue in the beginning, and what exactly did the dealer do? I just installed my red line system and the valves open and close but they don't seem to close off enough and I feel like there's still a lot of exhaust coming out the louder tip.
R_Mac_1 is offline   Reply With Quote