Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-27-2021, 03:32 PM   #15
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Lastly, I love that there are vendors like ZZP out there. It is just that the GROSS LACK of technical information is criminal.

That and the fact that they give anecdotal information, such as "well, I owned a CTS and I ran blah blah blah". That means nothing in any realistic sense.

My whole concern is that engineering practice is a distant "want" is scary given the amount of money people spend on the products. I mean I have spent many many thousands of dollars with them, so I am a dedicated customer.

The only positive is that they really, truly stand by their products and take care of their customers. That is MASSIVE and not to be disparaged by what I have stated here.

This is also not done as a hit piece. The ZFR series has been out for a very long time, and to overlook an application specification because it is technically "difficult" just doesn't fly. As a customer that has purchased said product, and am implementing it properly, per spec, I wanted to let others know that you can accomplish "the right way" given time, motivation and determination. I also want to know how many others have also found that the 6758 spools slower than the Z54 because if that is TRUELY the case, I feel ripped off, since it should state that on the product page. In other words, "did I spend extra for less performance?", ie was I duped?
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:40 AM   #16
hotw50aeltg

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS, 2008 Pontiac G8
Forced Performance says the compressor wheel has 7+7 blades and turbine wheel has 12 blades in the MHI upgrade turbo.
hotw50aeltg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:01 AM   #17
hotw50aeltg

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS, 2008 Pontiac G8
Correction to my previous post. The MHI Upgrade Turbo Turbine Wheel has 9 Blades.
hotw50aeltg is offline   Reply With Quote