Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #1
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Angry something is really wrong

so i have been driving my car for a long time uh yesterday like half the day and out of nowhere my car at a red light just started shaking like a chugging and i pressed re-circulation on the ac controller went away for like 10 secs, and came right back. it has been happening once in a blue moon and its annoying me. my dealer said its motor mounts...then i replaced, then then they said transmission mounts..replaced. no luck
Sxren_Camaro'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #2
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Go out and have live data running where you can look at misfire counts. Then you can see what cylinder or cylinders are misfiring . Then look for the cause from there. That would be where i would start if it was my car.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I would honestly pull the coils and plugs and take a look at them. See if one cylinder is acting up. Very easy on the LFX to do so.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
If it stopped when you turned the a/c off but came back on, be sure you're a/c controls are completely off, even the defrost setting and fans. The a/c compressor is still used in modes other than the obvious a/c setting.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #5
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
If it stopped when you turned the a/c off but came back on, be sure you're a/c controls are completely off, even the defrost setting and fans. The a/c compressor is still used in modes other than the obvious a/c setting.
i forgot to tell the thread to but i replaced my ac compresser last year also
Old 02-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #6
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
a/c is not related. youre changing engine load which affects how the misfire/rough idle feels. or its just a coincidence. if the mounts were the problem it would feel that way all the time. engine aint running right
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #7
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Something is really wrong with the service department if they even remotely thought your cars symptoms had anything to do w/motor or tranny mounts. I think Coleroad and BlackSheep are on the right track. Let us know what you find.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #8
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
Dealer mechanics only get paid to replace parts, not to diagnose problems. Every minute they spend trying to figure out what's wrong with your car is off the clock. It's a sad structure. Go to a shop where the guy fixing the car is the same as the name on the door.
He has a reputation to maintain.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #9
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I'd probably invest in a good bi-directional OB2 scanner and see what codes pop up. If not, then just go through the process of elimination.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #10
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
Something is really wrong with the service department if they even remotely thought your cars symptoms had anything to do w/motor or tranny mounts. I think Coleroad and BlackSheep are on the right track. Let us know what you find.
ok i will let you guys know
Old 02-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #11
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I would honestly pull the coils and plugs and take a look at them. See if one cylinder is acting up. Very easy on the LFX to do so.
i got a tune up tho last year i think they would have seen . weird
Old 02-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #12
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxren_Camaro'13 View Post
i got a tune up tho last year i think they would have seen . weird
It's part of diagnosing your current issue. What if you have an injector that's fouling a plug? What if oil is getting in?

It's not a difficult task to pull the plugs and take a look at a few of them. Or getting codes read/reading data while driving to see if something is storing and checking that out.

If the plugs and stuff come back clean, then maybe it's worth pulling the throttle body off and looking in the intake. Might need a good walnut blasting, and cleaning of the TB sensors / MAF sensor

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #13
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
It's part of diagnosing your current issue. What if you have an injector that's fouling a plug? What if oil is getting in?

It's not a difficult task to pull the plugs and take a look at a few of them. Or getting codes read/reading data while driving to see if something is storing and checking that out.

If the plugs and stuff come back clean, then maybe it's worth pulling the throttle body off and looking in the intake. Might need a good walnut blasting, and cleaning of the TB sensors / MAF sensor
alright will do