Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #43
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Recent article on Blumberg last year....

Baby boomers are starting to outgrow their midlife crisis years, and that’s bad news for automakers who want to sell sports cars.

It was a sign of things to come this month when Ford Motor Co. idled its Mustang plant for a week as sales for the year fell 9 percent. Other sports cars have faded at a similar rate, and even stalwarts like the Chevrolet Corvette and most Porsche models are slumping.

While there are still plenty of buyers who love the passing lane, automakers face a pesky reality. Men born between 1946 and 1964, who buy most sports cars, are cruising past their peak spending years. And as age 70 beckons, folding up like an accordion to get into the front seat of a speedy roadster is hardly the prescription for an aching back. Some are even turning to high-powered versions of luxury sports utility vehicles.

“Boomers are starting to age out of sports cars,” said Eric Noble, president of the CarLab, a consulting firm in Orange, California. “When you get into your 60s, comfort becomes more important. Sports cars are not going away, but the market will get smaller.”
my camaro IS my comfortable vehicle.much nicer and better riding than any other car ive ever owned.only car that came close was a 72 ford galaxie 500 that i had in 76.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #44
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
old people answer surveys...so the average age of those who responded probably was 52.
Some "old people" have also owned and seen a lot of cool muscle and sports cars in their lives.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:20 PM   #45
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
old people answer surveys...so the average age of those who responded probably was 52.
I think this info is just based on info from point of sale or registration, not surveys.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #46
caveman01

Drives: 2016 NGM Camaro 2SS
bought my first Camaro at 15 and my second at 55. A car for all ages.
1991 Acura NSX
caveman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #47
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
I think this info is just based on info from point of sale or registration, not surveys.
Unless you're financing, you don't disclose your DOB when you buy a car.

Neither do they when you get the title. You can own and title a car without a drivers license so the only way they could cross match your DOB to the car you own is with your license plate.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #48
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:

Baby boomers are starting to outgrow their midlife crisis years, and that’s bad news for automakers who want to sell sports cars.

It was a sign of things to come this month when Ford Motor Co. idled its Mustang plant for a week as sales for the year fell 9 percent. Other sports cars have faded at a similar rate, and even stalwarts like the Chevrolet Corvette and most Porsche models are slumping.

While there are still plenty of buyers who love the passing lane, automakers face a pesky reality. Men born between 1946 and 1964, who buy most sports cars, are cruising past their peak spending years. And as age 70 beckons, folding up like an accordion to get into the front seat of a speedy roadster is hardly the prescription for an aching back. Some are even turning to high-powered versions of luxury sports utility vehicles.

“Boomers are starting to age out of sports cars,” said Eric Noble, president of the CarLab, a consulting firm in Orange, California. “When you get into your 60s, comfort becomes more important. Sports cars are not going away, but the market will get smaller.”
Baby Boomers are Children of the Greatest Generation/WW2 Generation. BB's are not the greatest but the coolest.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #49
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
if the 'average' age is 52 that's pretty damn old for this kind of car, and i have to say it's older than most i see driving camaro's around here
Not Really.. I'm 55 and most guys I meet at car events think I'm in my 40s. You might be surprised if you asked their age...LOL

Very few young people can afford the insurance and gas. much less the cost of the vehicle
Old 04-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #50
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:

Midlife crisis... You have to grow up first to have one of them...
Old 04-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #51
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
I was 20 years old when I got my 1970 1/2 Z28
I was 59 when I got my 2013 SS
I was 61 when I got my 2016 SS

I've heard it said you go back to what you wanted or had as a kid, and that applies to me.

Most of the guys in my Camaro club fit the 50+ mold. Basically most in that live in a northern climate put their Camaros' away for the winter so then there's the need for a second vehicle.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)

Last edited by wrankin; 04-11-2018 at 03:08 PM.
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #52
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
I know one thing...the average age of the Camaro buyer/owner is quite a bit younger than the average Corvette owner!!!