Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #15
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I only selected the car, and none of the others when I read the car. I'm a manual, so trans didnt even show up. I bought another credit through the license selector window , but it wasn't showing up, was getting frustrated so I youtubed it lol. Ho tuners sends you an email how to do it, basically just rsync the interface

Last edited by Booher; 11-19-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #16
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Maybe it was due to an older version of HPT at the time that thread was created. But you can certainly read, edit, and flash your actual FSCM file through the ALDL port just like you do with the ECM.
Well I bet you’re right. Thank you sir! I apologize to Booher for making a mess of the thread.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #17
Booher

No worries, I did need to buy another credit all done. I did a log and I guess my passenger 02 sensor isnt working. How do you test your 02 sensor to see if it's working or not?

Last edited by Booher; 11-20-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #18
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
No worries, I did need to buy another credit all done. I did a log and I guess my passenger 02 sensor isnt working. How do you test your 02 sensor to see if it's working or not?
First, what do you mean "not working"? MIL codes? reading flatline?, not responding correctly?

Second, make sure you're logging the correct sensor. You had 4, depending on what headers you installed, you will either have 2 or 4. You should be logging bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2.

If that all looks good next step is to visually inspect. You just installed headers, did you hook the sensors back up? Did you zip tie the wire away from the header so it doesn't burn up?

If that all looks good, switch the 2 sensors (left and right). See if the problem moves with the sensor. If so, you have a bad one, replace it.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #19
Booher

I pulled them up on hp tuners, the voltage is way different, and ted said it wasnt working and to fix it. I got under the car and verified it had a good connection. So here is my new fantastic dilemma, my testing road is about 37 miles away from my house, literally cant find a closer road. My car only has 18k miles on it, am I burning my 02 sensor out driving out there because my tune is so out of wack?
Old 11-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #20
Booher

I dont get why I'm having so many issues, I thought this was pretty user friendly. >.< I've had other cars tuned that were way less complicated than this, seems like every corner there is another problem. Is it possible to ship the car to someone out of state and have them finish it? Seriously might be the only way to get it done.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:47 PM   #21
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Lmao, take a break. It isn't that bad. A new O2 is $90 at the dealership. They're pretty much always in stock. Just get one and replace it.

No, you're not hurting your O2 sensors by driving with a bad tune. If you're rich you might foul the spark plugs and get to buy new ones. If your're lean... well, let's hope you aren't lean.

These things happen when you modify cars. Just buckle down and figure it out. You already picked a good tuner. Get this O2 sorted out and you'll be good to go.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:54 PM   #22
Booher

So heres the before and after with the swapped 02 sensors. When I first started the car it was at 1 volt then it slowly dropped and stabilised around 850 ish, is this normal? Here is a pic of the 02 sensor, before i installed it the first time, it was all covered in black soot. Should've taken a pic of the one I swapped in to compare. Anyways, as you can see, most of the soot has been cleaned/burnt/blasted off. Could that be a sign of anything?
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #23
Booher

So I swapped it out and did a log. Ted emailed me today saying the other sensor is bad now. Its is brand new and is the wideband sensor for the aem gauge. Any ideas of what could have happened? Also, is there anyone that lives in arizona that is good with hptuners and troubleshooting that wants some money? I'm willing to pay for someone to come out where I live and help me, seriously. This is my daily driver and I need transportation for work, and need this fixed asap. It's been 10 days of not having my car for work, this needs to be fixed so I'm willing to just pay someone as it's obviously over my head. I can pay up to $500, but that's pushing it. PM me if you're interested.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #24
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
The OEM O2 sensors are only $40 each thru Rock Auto. Trying swapping the front (Pre-cat) O2 sensors side to side and see if the issue follows the sensor. It isnt highly common for O2 sensors to go bad, but it can happen. Especially if any type of fuel additives, octane boosters or FI cleaners are used that were not O2 sensor safe.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #25
Booher

Ok, I realized the problem, I removed 1 of my primary 02 sensors and taped off the connector. Then ran new wideband sensor down and installed it i to that 02 sensor opening. That's why the factory computer isnt reading it on hp tuners. So, now I know, you must keep your primary 02 sensors in always, and not to take them out. I know that I cant use the secondary 02 sensors as they are behind the cats and wont read right. So, can I just have a bung welded in anywhere before the cat? Like, does it have to be in a specific spot besides pre cat? Thanks for the link, I'm gonna order two of them tonight

Last edited by Booher; 11-22-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:31 PM   #26
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Ok, I realized the problem, I removed 1 of my primary 02 sensors and taped off the connector. Then ran new wideband sensor down and installed it i to that 02 sensor opening. That's why the factory computer isnt reading it on hp tuners. So, now I know, you must keep your primary 02 sensors in always, and not to take them out. I know that I cant use the secondary 02 sensors as they are behind the cats and wont read right. So, can I just have a bung welded in anywhere before the cat? Like, does it have to be in a specific spot besides pre cat? Thanks for the link, I'm gonna order two of them tonight
Yep, just weld on another bung pre-cat and you should be able to put the WB 02 in there.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #27
Booher

Sweet, that should fix everything. I ordered two sensors off of amazon for $45 each, and just gotta set up an appointment with the exhaust shop again. Thankyou sir.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:52 AM   #28
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you want the wide bands as close to the collector (were the 4 tubes meet) as possible and at between 10 and 2 o'clock. you want the sensor pointing down in the pipe so water cant sit on it. an exhaust shop should know that but some shops have no idea what a wideband o2 is.
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 11-25-2019 at 08:44 AM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote