Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #43
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
The base Vette doesn’t do much for me, although the performance stats impress. Interested in seeing the HiPo versions. I do lean towards the muscle car look so the Vette just isn’t in my radar.

Leno did a bit on the ZL1 a year or so ago. He and Brad Paisley played with line lock on a Garnet Red ZL1.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #44
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
With the Corvette and the new GT 500 getting the biggest media raves I have seen in 10 years. I can now understand why Chevy let the rumor about camaro's demise. The GT 500 and the corvette both sold out there 2020 scheduled allotment. The money it would take to compete with a car that is struggling for sales makes no sense. And I am not even talking about the current sales leader the Challenger.
The GT500 has only gotten about 1% of the attention the new Corvette has.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:06 PM   #45
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Thanks for posting. Great entertainment and I really love the new Vette. Would own one if I had the money and space. Need to see a no BS comparison with it and a ZL1 1LE. It is more high tech and lighter but can it out perform a Camaro with more HP and an awesome track setup available stock. Suspect it is a dirty little secret that GM doesn't want us Camaro folk to know about.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #46
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
Thanks for posting. Great entertainment and I really love the new Vette. Would own one if I had the money and space. Need to see a no BS comparison with it and a ZL1 1LE. It is more high tech and lighter but can it out perform a Camaro with more HP and an awesome track setup available stock. Suspect it is a dirty little secret that GM doesn't want us Camaro folk to know about.
ZLE should win any track contest against the C8 Z51. The C8 might win on the dragstrip but on a road course I have 100% faith in the ZLE. C&D or R&T did a back to back track test with a C7 Z51 and a C8 Z51 and the C8 was about a second faster. Now it's not totally apples to apples, and it's a lot of assuming but a C7 at Lightning Lap was like 4 or 5 seconds slower than a C7 grand Sport which was about a second or so slower than a ZLE of the top of my head. I don't think the C8 stands a chance against the ZLE on a road course.

Now once the high performance C8s come out, no chance for the Camaro
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #47
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Oxygen View Post
I may be one of the few on this site, but I am not a fan of the way it looks. I'd rather have a C7 over that, looks wise. The front makes me think of a mantis and the rear looks too long (I know the engine is back there, doesn't mean I like the way it looks). Just my opinion though. Not hating, just not a fan.

I'm not a huge fan either, I like the classic long hood short deck on sports cars and sports coupes. But I still have to give Chevy props cuz they really had no choice but to go this route to increase performance. I also have to give them props for putting this together and still keeping this price point. This mid engine style especially in the euro supercars always looks like flying saucers on 4 wheels, its why Lambos and Ferraris have never ever appealed to me. But for $60k+ you can't go wrong for the performance you get and I'm sure the looks will grow on us over time.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote