#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #15
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
A friend of mine holds track days on occasion. They are held during a weekday. He charges $300 but there are never more than 25 cars total for the day. Recently it's been in the 15-17 cars so he just opens up the track so you can run whenever you want. I like the format even though it costs more. I go out when I want and come in when I'm tired or need fuel.
Now that’s a great way to get some track time in! I can see doing that sometime.... weekdays don’t work for me very well right now but something to look forward to.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #16
Jimbeau11

Drives: '18 Black SS 1LE; '01 Corvette Z06
My wife and I are sharing my '18 SS1LE at the track and I can say I'm very pleased with the way the car and the consumables held up. I'm an experienced instructor with over 13 seasons and this is her second season.

Last year we were bringing two cars to the track. My fully prepped C5Z and her BoxsterS. Simply too much work to keep up with two cars. She couldn't see out from the race seat of my Corvette and I'm too tall to pass the broomstick in her Boxster, so picking one of our existing two horses wasn't viable.

After much research I settled on the 1LE as the best compromise for us to share. At first she was angry because she really wanted a Cayman S, but the performance/$$ ratio just didn't work for me.

After one track event she was thrilled, and even though I really loved my Z, this car is sooo much less work to bring to the track. I'm buying cheaper tires, and brakes actually last longer so I think my consumable spend was close to the same as my Z even with both of us driving. Definitely cheaper than two cars by a long shot!
Jimbeau11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:22 PM   #17
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbeau11 View Post
My wife and I are sharing my '18 SS1LE at the track and I can say I'm very pleased with the way the car and the consumables held up. I'm an experienced instructor with over 13 seasons and this is her second season.

Last year we were bringing two cars to the track. My fully prepped C5Z and her BoxsterS. Simply too much work to keep up with two cars. She couldn't see out from the race seat of my Corvette and I'm too tall to pass the broomstick in her Boxster, so picking one of our existing two horses wasn't viable.

After much research I settled on the 1LE as the best compromise for us to share. At first she was angry because she really wanted a Cayman S, but the performance/$$ ratio just didn't work for me.

After one track event she was thrilled, and even though I really loved my Z, this car is sooo much less work to bring to the track. I'm buying cheaper tires, and brakes actually last longer so I think my consumable spend was close to the same as my Z even with both of us driving. Definitely cheaper than two cars by a long shot!
Thanks for the input! I think my wife will get used to the long-nosed coupe ... there’s only a couple blind crests where I wish it were shorter so I could get a better view sooner. She might even have it worse than me. I’m somewhat considering swapping the SS1LE for a new M3 or 992CS but even though those cars both offer a lot of beauty and creature comforts (and would be nicer daily drives), I know i’d miss the brute force, drama and simplicity of the SS1LE.

I also see you’re in Lehigh valley. Who do you instruct for? I’m hoping to move out that way (east coast) next summer and I have a good friend from LV I’m planning on doing a lot of track days with!
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote