Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-29-2016, 12:29 PM   #15
Daves1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
I got the NPP simply because the only car my dealer could get his hands on at the time in the color I wanted that was a manual also had NPP. But it's kinda nice being able to control if you want your car quieter or louder. But even on the loudest setting, my car isn't loud enough for my tastes. Add 15 whp to boot and it's kind somewhat of a no brainer for me once I can get the funds. I wonder if there's a market for a factory NPP '16 Camaro SS axle back on ebay??? That would make it even more attractive, if I could sell my stock AB.

The dual muffler axle back IMO sounds much better than the single muffler based off the Youtube clips I've heard.

Previous:
'12 Mustang GT 6MT (12.47 @ 115.88)
'09 G8 GT (11.86 @ 120.47)
'05 GTO 6MT (slow, lol)
'01 Grand Prix GTP converted to turbo, high 11's
Daves1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #16
MemBluff23

Drives: 19 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
Those prices are exactly why I didn't order the NPP. It does sound great! But just isn't loud enough for me. I knew that I'd want to upgrade it. I couldn't stand the thought of paying $900 for one exhaust, just to turn around and spend another fortune on another because of the electronic valves. Maybe I'm cheap, but $1200-$1850 for a prefabbed kit that you'll still pay another $150-300 to have welded up is just nuts! I do wish that I had the NPP painted rear diffuser but I can buy one for $220 and have it painted for another $100. I've recently ordered Flowmaster 10 mufflers, Jones X-pipe, Jones 6" flex pipes, and 4" double wall tips (all stainless steel and 3") for just under $300. I've already arranged it with my local exhaust/hotrod shop (used them many times), they do mandrel bends and can use stainless welding wire and will fab the whole thing up for $145 (2hrs labor) plus another $165 for 22ft of SS 3" pipe . So that will be a custom stainless steel complete cat back for $610. I'm not trying to rub it in, just trying to let people know that there are other cheaper options.
Debate for me whenever I order my Camaro next year
MemBluff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #17
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemBluff23 View Post
Debate for me whenever I order my Camaro next year
If you plan to just get aftermarket why bother with NPP? The only reason I wish I had it-the painted rear valence.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #18
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
The link posted is for the cat back, i think thats why
OK, that's why. I was thinking the axle back was $1800.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #19
Pez SS
Pez SS

Drives: blk 16 1ss 6 spd
i paid the extra 900.00 basically for the NPP so that i can use the factory valves and electronics that come with the vehicle from factory so that when the aftermarket were available i could swap out the stock mufflers and tubing for a much better exhaust , that way i have the best of both. just my preference , i ordered the hooker race cat back with dual mufflers , waiting waiting for now.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #20
BH Hooker

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
The link posted is for the cat back, i think thats why
Just in case anyone was interested in dyno graphs for the NPP cat backs.
BH Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #21
BH Hooker

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
These are for the axle back kits or cat back?
those would be the Axle backs, I also posted the cat backs so anyone interested.
BH Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #22
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez SS View Post
i paid the extra 900.00 basically for the NPP so that i can use the factory valves and electronics that come with the vehicle from factory so that when the aftermarket were available i could swap out the stock mufflers and tubing for a much better exhaust , that way i have the best of both. just my preference , i ordered the hooker race cat back with dual mufflers , waiting waiting for now.
That's my plan too. I like the idea of being able to quiet down the exhaust when needed and let it rip when desired.
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #23
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I want to keep my NPP without having to pull the fuse in order to get a better noise.. I NEED to be able to quiet the car down. But when its on sport, I want a low deep rumble and loud when i floor it.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #24
AndOne707

Drives: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH Hooker View Post
Just in case anyone was interested in dyno graphs for the NPP cat backs.

Do you guys have a NPP catback with headers package option ???
And thank you for posting Dino graph, I'm impress to see what the results Happen to be just by adding a try catback on the vehicle.
AndOne707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #25
jamminj007

Drives: 2016 Camaro Black 2SS, 69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndOne707 View Post
Do you guys have a NPP catback with headers package option ???
And thank you for posting Dino graph, I'm impress to see what the results Happen to be just by adding a try catback on the vehicle.
The headers are the easiest to install from what I see. You don't have to basically disassemble the whole front end to install. Sweet set up