Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #113
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8WHITE1 View Post
Does the crank get pinned with this kit? If yes does it come with what's needed to pin it?
The original kit we tested before public release did not.

I suggested they add it to the kit, I am sorry I can't confirm they did or not working from home today.

It does not need it for the base 5 psi but any pulley changes I recommend it.

You can call them directly and get an answer to your question.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #114
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The original kit we tested before public release did not.

I suggested they add it to the kit, I am sorry I can't confirm they did or not working from home today.

It does not need it for the base 5 psi but any pulley changes I recommend it.

You can call them directly and get an answer to your question.

Ted.
Awesome thanks Ted.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:10 PM   #115
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Yes. It comes with the pin and everything to install it.

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:20 AM   #116
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes the smaller pulley makes 8 psi so plenty safe, with a new tune injectors fuel pump and fuel pump control module.

You will need a ZL-1 fuel pump and our fuel pump control module.

Ted.
So would you go with 550cc injectors or 750cc for the small pulley on pump gas with my mods?

Last edited by GR8WHITE1; 08-09-2017 at 12:39 AM.
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #117
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8WHITE1 View Post
So would you go with 550cc injectors or 750cc for the small pulley on pump gas with my mods?
750s for sure

Dont forget the ZL-1 pump and JRE FPCM
Old 11-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #118
nidecker

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE, Supercharged
Installed this Kraftwerks Kit in May 2016 on my 2014 2SS/1LE - purchased from Ted. It has been running now for 40k miles (65k Kilometers). Smallest pulley (75mm)
Base tuned by Ted, upgraded with headers, high RPM cam (SMOOTH IDLE ROAD RACE SPECIAL from Ted), 200 HJS cell cats. Running on LPG, double injectors, 2 pump system.

Only downside was a broken belt, caused by the wrong pulley provided by Kraftwerks. Great customer service! No discussions - they send me the correct pulley + new belt + free shipping to Germany.

Final setup was done here in Germany on the dyno. Checked the power 4 days ago again: Result are still 671hp @ crank, 580 rwhp.
I´m more than satisfied with the supercharger and the customer service - did not expect such a service 1,5 years after purchase. And don´t forget, I´m sitting here in Germany, far away .

Hope this helps to make a decision. I think it´s very healthy for the LS3 engine and a long lasting setup for the daily driver. Total milage is now 70k miles. No temp. issues, some track days and no trouble. Stays absolute cool.

P.S.: Radleistung = rwhp, Motorleistung = crank hp. Torque 752 Nm = 555 ft lb.
For security reasons we limited the rpm to 6.450. 7.000 rpm red line from Ted are possible which means it goes beyond 600 rwhp...
Attached Images

Last edited by nidecker; 11-29-2017 at 03:41 PM.
nidecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #119
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidecker View Post
Installed this Kraftwerks Kit in May 2016 on my 2014 2SS/1LE - purchased from Ted. It has been running now for 40k miles (65k Kilometers). Smallest pulley (75mm)
Base tuned by Ted, upgraded with headers, high RPM cam (SMOOTH IDLE ROAD RACE SPECIAL from Ted), 200 HJS cell cats. Running on LPG, double injectors, 2 pump system.

Only downside was a broken belt, caused by the wrong pulley provided by Kraftwerks. Great customer service! No discussions - they send me the correct pulley + new belt + free shipping to Germany.

Final setup was done here in Germany on the dyno. Checked the power 4 days ago again: Result are still 671hp @ crank, 580 rwhp.
I´m more than satisfied with the supercharger and the customer service - did not expect such a service 1,5 years after purchase. And don´t forget, I´m sitting here in Germany, far away .

Hope this helps to make a decision. I think it´s very healthy for the LS3 engine and a long lasting setup for the daily driver. Total milage is now 70k miles. No temp. issues, some track days and no trouble. Stays absolute cool.

P.S.: Radleistung = rwhp, Motorleistung = crank hp. Torque 752 Nm = 555 ft lb.
For security reasons we limited the rpm to 6.450. 7.000 rpm red line from Ted are possible which means it goes beyond 600 rwhp...

Thank you for the report
Old 11-29-2017, 10:16 PM   #120
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Ted,
I am up here in Maine and waiting for Income Tax season to get something for my car. I have a 2014 2SS stock manifolds stock cats but it does have a muffler delete a Diablo Trinity and a nice CAI box. Originally I was looking at a ZLA kit, but did some reading here and was wondering what you would suggest. I know you sell about everything so let me say I want reliability and not to have to tune all of the time. I want more power but not concerned about max power on a dyno or racing. This is a Summer daily driver. In all I would like to have about the same power as a ZL1 I think that is about 525 RWHP. What kit would you suggest. This seems like it is affordable dependable and my goals seem like they would be met. I already have a tuner so I could save a little there. I also want a full kit everything needed. I dont want to have to go buy a bunch more parts that were not included. Lastly I am hoping to do most of it myself. I have a full garage with lift and full selection of tools. I worked as a GM tech some years ago before changing career paths due to flat rate pay... Although I would like to know what you would charge as sometimes it is worth it to have someone that has done several. I know this is a lot please let me know your opinion and we can chat via Email or I can call. In the end I think a trip there if I do it myself or if you do it and some dyno time at the end to make sure everything is correct would be fun.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:00 AM   #121
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by race24x View Post
Ted,
I am up here in Maine and waiting for Income Tax season to get something for my car. I have a 2014 2SS stock manifolds stock cats but it does have a muffler delete a Diablo Trinity and a nice CAI box. Originally I was looking at a ZLA kit, but did some reading here and was wondering what you would suggest. I know you sell about everything so let me say I want reliability and not to have to tune all of the time. I want more power but not concerned about max power on a dyno or racing. This is a Summer daily driver. In all I would like to have about the same power as a ZL1 I think that is about 525 RWHP. What kit would you suggest. This seems like it is affordable dependable and my goals seem like they would be met. I already have a tuner so I could save a little there. I also want a full kit everything needed. I dont want to have to go buy a bunch more parts that were not included. Lastly I am hoping to do most of it myself. I have a full garage with lift and full selection of tools. I worked as a GM tech some years ago before changing career paths due to flat rate pay... Although I would like to know what you would charge as sometimes it is worth it to have someone that has done several. I know this is a lot please let me know your opinion and we can chat via Email or I can call. In the end I think a trip there if I do it myself or if you do it and some dyno time at the end to make sure everything is correct would be fun.
Hello, Sorry I didn't catch your name.

Is your car an auto or manual?

Working with me I will make sure you have everything you need to complete the Project and tune it to perfection best to give me a call. 203-753-7223

Ted.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #122
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Wow it has been a while. I have the kit coming. My car is a manual. We have connected via Email and you sent me a quote. Thank you for the responses Email and here. You mentioned the ZL1 Fuel Pump and FCPM. I am looking forward to getting it tuned and when the snow is gone trying it out.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #123
V8only

Drives: 2012 camaro 45th 2ss/rs Centri SC
Mine is being finished up this week. Get it back Saturday, can't wait. I'm real impressed with what I've seen so far
Attached Images

-66 mustang fuel injected resto-mod
V8only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #124
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
What makes or alllows the Rotrex head units to run cooler than other centris? I've never had one, but they have a reputation for being great on road courses due to how cool they run.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #125
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8only View Post
Mine is being finished up this week. Get it back Saturday, can't wait. I'm real impressed with what I've seen so far
Who’s doing your tuning?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #126
V8only

Drives: 2012 camaro 45th 2ss/rs Centri SC
I haven't picked the car up yet so it's just got a base tune. However I've dealt with Adam at ST motorsports in the past, so he's going to be my first call
-66 mustang fuel injected resto-mod
V8only is offline   Reply With Quote