Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #281
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I'm pretty sure 6th gen SS puts more gap on the 6th gen GT than the 5th gen GT did on the 5th gen SS.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #282
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
This thread definitely took a turn. Racing is racing. Run what you brung to the track. If your car is stock then don't line up with a modded car. Each brand can be fast. I was going all in for the new Camaro until I could not get one for less than $44,000 so I got my GT for $33,000 and been using the leftover money to mod it. Your car is faster, I don't care. I like mine you like yours.

I say settle it all at the track not what you found from google or car magazines.
Kevin
Old 11-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #283
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameovergt View Post
This thread definitely took a turn. Racing is racing. Run what you brung to the track. If your car is stock then don't line up with a modded car. Each brand can be fast. I was going all in for the new Camaro until I could not get one for less than $44,000 so I got my GT for $33,000 and been using the leftover money to mod it. Your car is faster, I don't care. I like mine you like yours.

I say settle it all at the track not what you found from google or car magazines.
Kevin
Can I give you some advice as a former Coyote owner (I had both a manual and automatic)...

Lose that Bama tune...unless they have magically improved in the year since I sold my last one, their tunes were terrible...I had used Lund and they were the go to tuners.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #284
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Can I give you some advice as a former Coyote owner (I had both a manual and automatic)...

Lose that Bama tune...unless they have magically improved in the year since I sold my last one, their tunes were terrible...I had used Lund and they were the go to tuners.
I will be changing to VMP soon. Will take the car down south a little for a true tune on the dyno.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #285
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I will be changing to VMP soon. Will take the car down south a little for a true tune on the dyno.
Good call. I had them do work on one of mine. Nice folks, and the owners wife is not only super cute, and nice but races a 9 second car too...
Old 11-02-2016, 11:18 AM   #286
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Were on a forum...where neither of us has sniffed close to 10's. Were all bench racers, get over yourself.

No, actually...you ARE arguing what they can do with full bolt ons.

Exactly my point. According to the fast list, there are far more bolt-on (no internal engine mods) coyotes running mid-low 11's (sniffing 10's) than there are 6G camaros.

FYI, the quickest person on the camaro fast list IS running E85.

According to the leader boards, there are 31 bolt-on mustangs running 11's where your leaderboard shows 11 camaros. What does this mean? It's hard to say. Maybe mustang folk are just that much more likely to mod their cars , or maybe they are just that much more into drag racing. Maybe some of it has to do with the sheer volume of mustangs out there compared to the camaro. Considering the camaro is approaching model year number 2, I am led to believe that it's a combination of everything, but also points to the camaro being more optimized from the factory. Some may point out that the 11 on the list are running their times with less mods, which seems to be true.

What is my point? Really, it takes one mod (a tune) for the s550 to be able to compete with the camaro. So far, bolt on mustangs are running faster times than bolt on camaros. But what about the camaros e85 tune you say? Number one on the camaro list is running it, and still slower. But give it time you say? Time will tell, but my guess is...these two cars will probably yield identical times with full bolt ons when all is said and done. I'm not sure why you all have a hard time believing this. The weight advantage the camaro has is not as significant as it's made out to be. Where the camaro has an advantage in displacement, the mustang has an advantage with heads and cams.
I absolutely destroyed a tune and tire s550 best run same night same track.

You have to only look to the vette forums to see the lt1 potential. They had the motor two more years. Near 500 rwhp. Not using race fuel. With bolt ons.

The Camaro still makes more power and a ton more torque when both FBO. Both on the same fuel. And a superior tranny. So how does the gap close? It's impossible. All the while ignoring that two people on this very thread a stock tune a8 runs with a header, tune, e85 and converter car. With 3+ mph trap advantage.

Yes we have one example of an e85 car. Lmao. Different tracks than we are talking about two cars on the same strip. At the fastest track in the country

Fact. If snowblind adds just e85 and converter gossip will have to go internal or go fi to beat him. And that's a direct comparison. Not mixing and matching results across the internet with unknown mods and variables thrown in
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #287
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Fact. If snowblind adds just e85 and converter gossip will have to go internal or go fi to beat him. And that's a direct comparison. Not mixing and matching results across the internet with unknown mods and variables thrown in
lets wait and see what happens when/if Snowblind runs that combo before we claim the results. And for the record a bolt-on, converter, 93 coyote should be a sub 11.30 car with basic weight reducion (drag wheels, d/s, sway bar). If its not...its tune/driver related.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:36 AM   #288
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
lets wait and see what happens when/if Snowblind runs that combo before we claim the results. And for the record a bolt-on, converter, 93 coyote should be a sub 11.30 car with basic weight reducion (drag wheels, d/s, sway bar). If its not...its tune/driver related.
An lt1 gains more from e85 tune than coyote

So how would the gap close all things equal?

Edit nvm I seen you added bolt ons plus tune for 11.3. I agree.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #289
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
I absolutely destroyed a tune and tire s550 best run same night same track.

You have to only look to the vette forums to see the lt1 potential. They had the motor two more years. Near 500 rwhp. Not using race fuel. With bolt ons.

The Camaro still makes more power and a ton more torque when both FBO. Both on the same fuel. And a superior tranny. So how does the gap close? It's impossible. All the while ignoring that two people on this very thread a stock tune a8 runs with a header, tune, e85 and converter car. With 3+ mph trap advantage.

Yes we have one example of an e85 car. Lmao. Different tracks than we are talking about two cars on the same strip. At the fastest track in the country

Fact is, there are far more bolt on S550's running low-mid 11's than there are G6 camaros.

All of the data points to these two being neck and neck with FBO's. I'm not sure how you can't see it. The fact that the camaro starts off quicker stock doesn't mean squat when all of the bolt-ons are added. Most people agree that the LT is a bit more maximized out of the box than the Coyote.

Until the G5 camaro starts laying down comparable bolt-on quick times, the coyote seems to have a slight FBO advantage. This is what the data supports. This is of course subject to change if ya'll start laying down quicker times. I would have fully expected it by now however, with the G6 being over a year in production there are plenty of go fast parts available. I'm not sure why we are seeing much more mid-low 11 times out of the camaro. To be quite honest, the lack of comparable times on your fast list surprises me.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #290
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:

Kevin
I got my car for 30,600.

I did settle it last weekend. Beating a tune and tire car by .5 and 3-4 mph all night long. And I still have my warranty
Old 11-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #291
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Fact is, there are far more bolt on S550's running low-mid 11's than there are G6 camaros.

All of the data points to these two being neck and neck with FBO's. I'm not sure how you can't see it. The fact that the camaro starts off quicker stock doesn't mean squat when all of the bolt-ons are added. Most people agree that the LT is a bit more maximized out of the box than the Coyote.

Until the G5 camaro starts laying down comparable bolt-on quick times, the coyote seems to have a slight FBO advantage. This is what the data supports. This is of course subject to change if ya'll start laying down quicker times. I would have fully expected it by now however, with the G6 being over a year in production there are plenty of go fast parts available. I'm not sure why we are seeing much more mid-low 11 times out of the camaro. To be quite honest, the lack of comparable times on your fast list surprises me.
It sells much less been out half as long.

E85 just got sorted last month.

Like I said keep mixing and matching results and ignoring what's right in front of you. What's left to see? You can't compare random cars at different tracks.

The lt1 makes more power and torque both FBO e85 with a better tranny in lighter car. You speak of impossibility. The gap closes yes but not all the way.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:00 PM   #292
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
It sells much less been out half as long.

E85 just got sorted last month.

Like I said keep mixing and matching results and ignoring what's right in front of you.

The lt1 makes more power and torque both FBO e85 with a better tranny in lighter car. You speak of impossibility. The gap closes yes but not all the way.
Prove it.

The 1/4 time fast lists point to them being very close, with the nod going to the Coyote. You can claim dyno numbers all you want, but until the camaro starts running quicker numbers, you're just not there yet.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #293
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Prove it.

The 1/4 time fast lists point to them being very close, with the nod going to the Coyote. You can claim dyno numbers all you want, but until the camaro starts running quicker numbers, you're just not there yet.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #294
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote: