Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
V4Magna

Drives: 21 SS 1LE, V4Magna, Yukon
Send a message via MSN to V4Magna
Employee Pricing Discount - how does it work

hello everyone,

Please help understand if employee discount incentives ( on 2021 SS 1LE is showing around $3400 ) is similar to $1000 cash back which expired in Nov ? if it is then it would be over and above any dealer discount, or supplier discount like college graduate discount? can anyone with dealer knowledge shed some light on this subject. Thanks !!
V4Magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
The short story is that GM is likely sending some unknown amount of money back to the dealer so that they're still making a reasonable amount of money. I don't work for a dealer or GM so I'm not sure if that amount is the full employee discount amount or the dealer is absorbing some of it. Any dealer is of course going to tell you that they are selling at the employee price and they can't do any better but in reality that is almost certainly not the case.

I have the supplier discount and when I asked they said they would just give the employee discount since it's better. They are not built to stack in the pricing tools. Realistically your could probably get 1-2K off on top of the employee price if a dealer was motivated to sell but that's half the problem right now. With Covid inventory shortages dealers aren't really motivated to cut a huge deal to make room for the incoming units.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
I got about 4 thousand off off a 21 2SS vert that’s what it was.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #4
V4Magna

Drives: 21 SS 1LE, V4Magna, Yukon
Send a message via MSN to V4Magna
That’s what I was thinking as well. Why would dealer take a hit and offer discount to everyone if they are not getting it back. I agree in reality any dealer discount should be stacked with employee pricing but given the circumstances, it may not be the case.

Tim
V4Magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:57 PM   #5
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
I got a 2SS 1LE with $4,361 off based on employee pricing. The $1,600 shipping to SoCal stings a bit, but it has all the options I want like the PDR and M6. Also got 2.29% financing, can’t wait to let the baby bald �� sing from the tail pipes.

I am sure you could get a deal on an SS or ZL1, but the 1LE and ZLE are hard to track down. I was going to get one locally, but the day I arrived at the dealership, it was sold to someone else.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:37 AM   #6
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Dang. How many miles will it be shipped ?
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #7
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
Dang. How many miles will it be shipped ?
1,876 miles that I definitely don’t want to drive. It is ND to San Diego. If it was like my Raptor, then I would do Vegas to San Diego. The only thing near ND I would want to see is Mount Rushmore in SD. All of the local dealers got the 1LE with automatics and the few with manuals didn’t have PDR or were sold before I could get them.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
employee pricing