Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #9325
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
Put it up for sale!
What do you have in mind for your next ride?
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:43 PM   #9326
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Installed my M2W switch today, now when cruising at highway speeds I can hear the borla exhaust and love it, then when the wife is riding with me I can turn it off with no drone to bother her....beats pulling the fuse every time.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #9327
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Took it out for a drive, a fresh tank of gas and rolled 3,000 all the day before it's one year birthday (My 2020 2SS has a Dec 16, 2019 build date (took delivery Jan 17, 2020))

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #9328
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Garage door got stuck open yesterday (cable walked out of the pulley). Got it fixed today but since it was alittle windy last night, the car got a nice lauer of dust all over it. Ended up spending alittle over an hour wiping it down. Which lead to cleaning the interior. Then decided to clean the wheels.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:06 PM   #9329
yeehaw

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 2SS (RHD)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Installed my M2W switch today, now when cruising at highway speeds I can hear the borla exhaust and love it, then when the wife is riding with me I can turn it off with no drone to bother her....beats pulling the fuse every time.
Yep, I did that a while ago too - Soooo good!
2019 Camaro 2SS (RHD) - Borla S-Type (NPP) Axle back, GM Performance CAI, Mishimoto Catch Can, Mild 2 Wild Exhaust Controller, Aluminium Paddle Shift Extensions, Diode Dynamics Side Marker LEDs, Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter, ZL1 Addons Rock Guards, STEK PPF Full wrap
yeehaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #9330
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Garage door got stuck open yesterday (cable walked out of the pulley). Got it fixed today but since it was alittle windy last night, the car got a nice lauer of dust all over it. Ended up spending alittle over an hour wiping it down. Which lead to cleaning the interior. Then decided to clean the wheels.
I always wondered what everyone else did to clean their wheels. I use waterless wash and give them a good wipe down. How do you clean yours? Keeping up with this damn brake dust is getting old....
Old 12-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #9331
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I always wondered what everyone else did to clean their wheels. I use waterless wash and give them a good wipe down. How do you clean yours? Keeping up with this damn brake dust is getting old....
I changed my pads to the PowerStop Z26 pads, 90% less dust than the OEM pads...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 12-16-2020, 12:52 PM   #9332
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I changed my pads to the PowerStop Z26 pads, 90% less dust than the OEM pads...
how do they compare performance wise to the stock pads in your opinion?
Old 12-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #9333
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
I did the same, way less dust. I ceramic coated my wheels with an Adam's kit so any dust wipes right off. With my stock wheels and brake pads I also used a waterless wash most times, though most of it would come off easily with just a cloth.
For daily driving I don't notice much if any difference with the Z26 pads. I hear they aren't great for the track though.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #9334
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Seems to be fine, I don't track the car, though..

Old 12-16-2020, 03:56 PM   #9335
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
I did the same, way less dust. I ceramic coated my wheels with an Adam's kit so any dust wipes right off. With my stock wheels and brake pads I also used a waterless wash most times, though most of it would come off easily with just a cloth.
For daily driving I don't notice much if any difference with the Z26 pads. I hear they aren't great for the track though.
I have been looking into ceramic coating the wheels to reduce dust, I currently use a polish type sealant from chemical guys called max coat wheel guard. I like it so far but it doesn't keep the brake dust off the wheels nearly as much. Will just using a cloth to remove brake dust harm the wheel finish if it's not ceramic coated. I thought that was the case which is why I use waterless wash from Adams.....
Old 12-16-2020, 04:01 PM   #9336
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
I just don't concern myself with brake dust unless I am going to a photo shoot. I also head to lapping days so I wouldn't want to swap to something that performs worse.

For a street car, I think the 3 most important metrics are braking distance, cold performance, and life. With most good ceramic pads, none of them are issues and the rule of thumb with braking distance is that if you can trip ABS when braking hard, your tires are the bottleneck, not your brakes.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:10 PM   #9337
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
I have been looking into ceramic coating the wheels to reduce dust, I currently use a polish type sealant from chemical guys called max coat wheel guard. I like it so far but it doesn't keep the brake dust off the wheels nearly as much. Will just using a cloth to remove brake dust harm the wheel finish if it's not ceramic coated. I thought that was the case which is why I use waterless wash from Adams.....
I should have mentioned that I hit them with some water first before wiping since I wash the car at the same time (once a week, always needs it...). They then get a wipe down.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #9338
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
I should have mentioned that I hit them with some water first before wiping since I wash the car at the same time (once a week, always needs it...). They then get a wipe down.
I see.

Back on topic, I installed some smoke brake lights I got in the mail today and they fit perfectly (I would hope so they were GM )
Attached Images