Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #43
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
Do you folks with the LC2i have your sub amp plugged in to the ‘main’ RCAs? I’ve heard a lot of people complain about the accubass not being accurate and randomly adding way too much bass without even touching the ACR-1.
no mine is plugged into the sub output the accubass setting does not add too much bass .. You half to know how to properly set the gain on a amp. most ppl think you just turn gain on your amp all the way up till its loud which is not the case. you can turn a great sub into a walmart special by doing that, it will sound like crap. you need a volt meter to properly set the gain on the amp
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:31 PM   #44
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
https://lljcustoms.com/store/ols/pro...-amp-t-harness

This is the company that I didn’t know made adapter harness set ups. I would have gone with them instead.
I started looking around after seeing ST prices and came across that site. They have a bunch of LOC/DSP options. I was watching some youtube videos about the Rockford DSR1 which you can add to your harness for an extra $250. It’s more expensive on other sites. The prices they have are fair IMO.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:34 PM   #45
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
no mine is plugged into the sub output the accubass setting does not add too much bass .. You half to know how to properly set the gain on a amp. most ppl think you just turn gain on your amp all the way up till its loud which is not the case. you can turn a great sub into a walmart special by doing that, it will sound like crap. you need a volt meter to properly set the gain on the amp
I’ve heard of folks setting their gains with an oscilloscope and they still have issues when going through the sub amp RCAs on the LC2i.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:03 PM   #46
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Can you explain how to use a volt meter to set your amp gain?
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:32 PM   #47
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
I’ve heard of folks setting their gains with an oscilloscope and they still have issues when going through the sub amp RCAs on the LC2i.
I just installed a lc2i and it sucks compared to the head unit I use to use to run the amps. It is going to be temporary until I get my new amps and sound processor. The place I am getting my system from said it isn’t very good and they don’t recommend them. They are an audio control dealer. It was cheap though.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:52 PM   #48
puppykat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Can you explain how to use a volt meter to set your amp gain?
theres a few factors needed to be specific but there are plenty of youtube videos showing it
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
Old 05-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #49
puppykat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
I just installed a lc2i and it sucks compared to the head unit I use to use to run the amps. It is going to be temporary until I get my new amps and sound processor. The place I am getting my system from said it isn’t very good and they don’t recommend them. They are an audio control dealer. It was cheap though.
well we are stuck with our head units so we will half to make due. in my experience unless you are an audiophile the lc2i does a great job at getting rid of the bass roll off.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #50
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
What are you tapping that lc2i into? It only has a pair of left and right inputs. There is no single speaker input pair that is full range. To get full range, you need to sum the door and dash speakers.

Then enters the roll off and compression/limitor stages you will fight with.

I did the first year on the dm-608 and the accubass sucks IMHO.

The best option still is to use the Most50 modules on the 16-18's and the AVB NAVTV for the 19+.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:58 AM   #51
puppykat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaroVert View Post
What are you tapping that lc2i into? It only has a pair of left and right inputs. There is no single speaker input pair that is full range. To get full range, you need to sum the door and dash speakers.

Then enters the roll off and compression/limitor stages you will fight with.

I did the first year on the dm-608 and the accubass sucks IMHO.

The best option still is to use the Most50 modules on the 16-18's and the AVB NAVTV for the 19+.
the sub thump harness give you the front speaker outputs on the harness so you have full range
Old 05-31-2020, 12:06 PM   #52
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Thanks , I tried to remove my post but it didn’t get pulled for some reason. After I posted I figured it would probably be easier for me to look it up. ��
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:24 PM   #53
SilverCamaroVert

Quote:
the sub thump harness give you the front speaker outputs on the harness so you have full range
That's what I'm saying, no it doesn't. There is no single set of speakers in the car that are full range. You must sum door with dash to get all frequencies.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:52 PM   #54
puppykat33

Quote:
That's what I'm saying, no it doesn't. There is no single set of speakers in the car that are full range. You must sum door with dash to get all frequencies.
why would you need all freqs for a sub output? either the lc2i or if using the amps high level inputs sensing will sum what it needs to work. I am just stating what i installed with minimal hassle and have great sound.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:15 PM   #55
SilverCamaroVert

You don't. You could make do with just the door speakers for a sub. I'm talking about the people that are adding more than just subs. I guess this thread is more aimed towards subs only.

I guess I'm just passionate about the accubass being terrible having worked with it first hand.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:21 PM   #56
puppykat33

Quote:
You don't. You could make do with just the door speakers for a sub. I'm talking about the people that are adding more than just subs. I guess this thread is more aimed towards subs only.

I guess I'm just passionate about the accubass being terrible having worked with it first hand.
No worries . I like the accubass but will admit if you take it too far it does sound shitty and add too much bass with the volume all the way down. after some fine tuning i got it just where i like it.