Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #15
Jones732

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
Having mine done in a couple of weeks unfortunately... to replace headliner but they are gonna work on the defrost repair as well while the windshield is out.

On a side note 7WSM - my favorite cartridge! And I lived in Pearland til 4yrs ago, in Katy now.
Let me know how it goes I want to do it to mine.
Jones732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #16
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob13567 View Post
Think the stealership won't do it right?
I trust my dealership where I work at to do it right. But there is a risk of cracking the windshield when they are taking it out. The risk is much higher if there is a chip in the windshield.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:41 PM   #17
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:

On a side note 7WSM - my favorite cartridge! And I lived in Pearland til 4yrs ago, in Katy now.
I moved away from the 7WSM several years back. I reload and had a lot of extra brass, but Winchester stopped supporting the case years back. Brass is ultra hard to get for the cartridge. I have since moved to the 6.5s.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #18
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones732 View Post
Let me know how it goes I want to do it to mine.
Will do - it's going in next week! Headliner, defrost,

No chips in mine as of yet, so if it's cracked in the process it'll be on the glass guy. Dealership has been great to work with so far so I'm not too nervous.
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #19
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
Is the fogging problem you describe where two separate sections in the lower center windshield become foggy (about 6" ovals each)?

Mine has that problem on humid days.

Mine also has these additional problems, which would require windshield removal:
- Drooping headliner
- Crooked HUD
- Separation of the dash panels above the instrument panel

They said that they would have to ship my car out to the trim shop for a day or two to have the work done. The thought of having them take out my windshield is scary because I heard it may cause problems later on, so I asked them to hold off.

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:14 AM   #20
xenogears

Drives: '15 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyncynt View Post
Is the fogging problem you describe where two separate sections in the lower center windshield become foggy (about 6" ovals each)?.
Is this the fogging problem you guys are talking about? I've seen this as well on hot humid days but thought it was to be expected when I have my AC blasting away. Is it not expected to have condensation at the bottom of the windshield where it's cold (due to the vents right beneath) and the hot and humid air outside? Thanks!
xenogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #21
RCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenogears View Post
Is this the fogging problem you guys are talking about? I've seen this as well on hot humid days but thought it was to be expected when I have my AC blasting away. Is it not expected to have condensation at the bottom of the windshield where it's cold (due to the vents right beneath) and the hot and humid air outside? Thanks!
If you're on AC and not defrost, there should be no/minimal cold air coming out of the defrost vents. This is my 24th vehicle (wife and I combined, and more GM that any other make), not to mention company vehicles, rentals, etc that I've driven here in Houston, and this is the first I've ever had one do this. A windshield with 10% of what I get could be called "normal" - this ain't normal! My dealer agrees. And GM has finally conceded that they agree.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #22
xenogears

Drives: '15 M3
Quote:
If you're on AC and not defrost, there should be no/minimal cold air coming out of the defrost vents. This is my 24th vehicle (wife and I combined, and more GM that any other make), not to mention company vehicles, rentals, etc that I've driven here in Houston, and this is the first I've ever had one do this. A windshield with 10% of what I get could be called "normal" - this ain't normal! My dealer agrees. And GM has finally conceded that they agree.

Good to know! I haven't seen it myself in any of my previous cars but figured it might be happening in my Camaro due to the windshield slope, and the defrost should be expected to leak a tiny bit even if not open.

So from reading this thread and searching the form there seems to be a reluctance of having the dealer due any windshield removals. Why is this considered risky? I'd love to get mine fixed, but if I can't trust the dealer whom can I trust? It's just a windshield, shouldn't be that complicated?

Thanks!
xenogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #23
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Remove Windshield?? I would rather have condensation than a windshield leak.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #24
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I've ordered one of these for $10 off amazon and will update once I've tested it...

https://www.amazon.com/PECHAM-Extend.../dp/B014CP231W
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:12 PM   #25
RCF

Quote:
Will do - it's going in next week! Headliner, defrost,

No chips in mine as of yet, so if it's cracked in the process it'll be on the glass guy. Dealership has been great to work with so far so I'm not too nervous.
Was told today my foam blocks have been removed, windshield being re-installed tomorrow! Hope to pick it up tomorrow evening (Saturday morning at the latest).

Will get an update posted this weekend!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #26
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Fogging windshield

Quote:
Was told today my foam blocks have been removed, windshield being re-installed tomorrow! Hope to pick it up tomorrow evening (Saturday morning at the latest).

I really hope yours goes flawlessly and it fixes the problem. Thanks for the updates. Mine goes in for the repair next week.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #27
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:

Let me know... I also take mine to Classic when I have to...

I may try to see if there's a way to do it myself or I may just build/design something to sit over the vent.

What area of Katy do you live in? Also... Have you happen to go to an H-Town Camaro Club meetup yet?

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #28
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I've ordered one of these for $10 off amazon and will update once I've tested it...

https://www.amazon.com/PECHAM-Extend.../dp/B014CP231W
Did you order the mouse to go with it?
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote