Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #15
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
The gm tune that comes with their cai
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:14 PM   #16
DaggerMouth

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Still on stock tune?
I am stock tune with Tony Mamo TB and Ported Intake manifold by Frankenstein Engine Dynamics. No issues here and car runs great.
DaggerMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #17
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaggerMouth View Post
I am stock tune with Tony Mamo TB and Ported Intake manifold by Frankenstein Engine Dynamics. No issues here and car runs great.
that doesn't help us really, as this thread pertains to cars that have the gm performance parts intake and tune
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #18
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
You guys that have the gm cai and ported TB, did you get rid of the anti whistle adapter?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #19
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You guys that have the gm cai and ported TB, did you get rid of the anti whistle adapter?
Didn’t realize it was included? What does it look like?
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #20
RobbyBeefcake87

It's just a little plate that goes between the throttle body and intake manifold snout. Has like a little fin that looks like a vortex generator that somehow fixes the whistle noise.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #21
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
I hadn't noticed the "shark fin" on that spacer between the Tb and IM. I did not re-use it when I went to the 95mm GM TB and MSD IM. No whistling noted.

It is for sale in the classifieds along with the unported OE TB and the proper length mounting bolts- all for $110 shipped to any of the lower 48 states.

Also to the OP- I've got the GM CAI w/tune and no issues with this change either.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:11 PM   #22
RobbyBeefcake87

Tb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I hadn't noticed the "shark fin" on that spacer between the Tb and IM. I did not re-use it when I went to the 95mm GM TB and MSD IM. No whistling noted.

It is for sale in the classifieds along with the unported OE TB and the proper length mounting bolts- all for $110 shipped to any of the lower 48 states.

Also to the OP- I've got the GM CAI w/tune and no issues with this change either.
I figured with a bigger TB you would just toss it out otherwise it'd just restrict your new TB. From what I've read the whistle is cause by something in the geometry of the TB and IM so a new setup would make up go away like on your new setup.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:34 PM   #23
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
From what I could tell on my Katech ported throttle body, most of the porting was on the front side to eliminate the step you see on the stock part and both sides of the blade bar. Since the adapter goes in the rear of the throttle body I don't think it really restricts the airflow. Now if you port the intake manifold too, you might want to eliminate the adaptor or have the inner diameter of it enlarged to match.

I have the GM CAI with the GM tune and the TB made a noticeable improvement to the throttle response.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:39 AM   #24
RobbyBeefcake87

TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chosen one View Post
From what I could tell on my Katech ported throttle body, most of the porting was on the front side to eliminate the step you see on the stock part and both sides of the blade bar. Since the adapter goes in the rear of the throttle body I don't think it really restricts the airflow. Now if you port the intake manifold too, you might want to eliminate the adaptor or have the inner diameter of it enlarged to match.

I have the GM CAI with the GM tune and the TB made a noticeable improvement to the throttle response.
This is exactly the info I was looking for.