Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
speedbrds
It wasn't me!

Drives: '11 SW Camaro LS
GM Performance Upgrade Package

I just purchased a '11 Camaro LS A/T (pretty basic) and so far, I'm really happy with it. I did some searching around and want to slowly being doing some upgrades ie: electrical and performance. However, living in SoCal, it can be very restrictive with modifications. Unfortunately, it also doesn't help I work with law enforcement.

Having said that, I was wondering if anyone has had the GM "Performance Upgrade Package" installed on their Camaro. I figure it's legal here in California as it's being sold/installed by local dealers. I was wondering if it offers any extra performance (minimal at best). I wish I could do the Magnaflow, etc. upgrades, but I will always have the law enforcement conscience in the back of my head saying, "Don't do it!"

Help and/or advise is greatly appreciated.
speedbrds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Greycamaroguy

Drives: Cyber gray LT1/RS
Send a message via MSN to Greycamaroguy
Welcome.....

This package looks to be a exhaust upgrade...You can find many exhaust upgrades for our cars that are cheaper.

Look at my video for the JBA sound.
6/26/10-Pulled into Elkins Chevrolet N.J.at 4:30 pm
6/26/10-Pulled out in my new Cyber Gray Camaro at 5:30.

Great job Elkin!
------------------------------------------------

CAI/JBA axle-back exhaust/"Chevrolet" door sills/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_6E4GqNSA8
Greycamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
CamaroDood

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Lt/RS
ya what is the package?
CamaroDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbrds View Post
I just purchased a '11 Camaro LS A/T (pretty basic) and so far, I'm really happy with it. I did some searching around and want to slowly being doing some upgrades ie: electrical and performance. However, living in SoCal, it can be very restrictive with modifications. Unfortunately, it also doesn't help I work with law enforcement.

Having said that, I was wondering if anyone has had the GM "Performance Upgrade Package" installed on their Camaro. I figure it's legal here in California as it's being sold/installed by local dealers. I was wondering if it offers any extra performance (minimal at best). I wish I could do the Magnaflow, etc. upgrades, but I will always have the law enforcement conscience in the back of my head saying, "Don't do it!"

Help and/or advise is greatly appreciated.
What's wrong with putting aftermarket exhausts? I never heard of it being illegal
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoyalFlush View Post
What's wrong with putting aftermarket exhausts? I never heard of it being illegal
I assume he's worried about passing emissions but you should be fine unless you mess with the cats, right?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
actually, there's a certain amount of dB's that it must stay under as well. Cali is very strick. There are cops out there that will give you a ticket for too loud of an exhaust. I believe the number is 98 dB.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
I live in cali. It's got to be pretty damn obnoxiously loud for you to get pulled over. 98% of the exhausts available for our V6's are not going to get you pulled over for noise.

Tags
automatic, exhaust, upgrades