Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
Austin_504

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2.0t
Talking Mishimoto Cat-Back and ZZP Throttle Body

I just installed the Mishimoto cat-back w/ quad tips and the zzp throttle body and it sounds like an actual sports car now. I've been getting 12.5 MPG because I can't stop getting on it. I definitely recommend these two products to anyone looking to get a nice deep sound from their 2.0t and to improve throttle response. Also, installation was a breeze.
Austin_504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Do you have a catted or catless downpipe?

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
Austin_504

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Do you have a catted or catless downpipe?
I currently have the stock downpipe.
Austin_504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Unless you go catless there is no point in replacing the stock for a ZZP Catted Downpipe. Not enough of a real flow difference.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 01-15-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_504 View Post
I just installed the Mishimoto cat-back w/ quad tips and the zzp throttle body and it sounds like an actual sports car now. I've been getting 12.5 MPG because I can't stop getting on it. I definitely recommend these two products to anyone looking to get a nice deep sound from their 2.0t and to improve throttle response. Also, installation was a breeze.
Amen.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #6
Austin_504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Amen.
The videos you posted made me choose this exhaust. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #7
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Unless you go catless there is no point in replacing the stock for a ZZP Catted Downpipe. Not enough of a real flow difference.

in back to back dyno testing, (same day, within about 1 hour, without unstrapping the car from the dyno) we found no measurable power difference between the catted, and offroad downpipes (ZZP) downpipes. we did several pulls with both pipes, and it was less than 1 WHP difference between all of them. this was on a bolt on/tune/93 car. both pipes are a noticeable gain over stock.
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #8
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_504 View Post
The videos you posted made me choose this exhaust. Thanks!
It sounds even better after it breaks in.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #9
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Awesome.. just did the same on mine.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
in back to back dyno testing, (same day, within about 1 hour, without unstrapping the car from the dyno) we found no measurable power difference between the catted, and offroad downpipes (ZZP) downpipes. we did several pulls with both pipes, and it was less than 1 WHP difference between all of them. this was on a bolt on/tune/93 car. both pipes are a noticeable gain over stock.
Weren't you the same company that stated there is no gain with bolt-ons without a tune period not more then a year ago from now atleast? If you tuned you changed things to adjust for the bolt-ons so if you have the dyno charts for this we would all love to see them so we can better understand what to expect.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #11
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Weren't you the same company that stated there is no gain with bolt-ons without a tune period not more then a year ago from now atleast? If you tuned you changed things to adjust for the bolt-ons so if you have the dyno charts for this we would all love to see them so we can better understand what to expect.
like i said above, the car was tuned. the car was dyno tuned with the offroad pipe on it. we removed that, and put on the catted pipe. if it was noticeably restrictive, the car would have lost power, which it didnt.

i have a flow bench, would you prefer me to put all 3 pipes on that? i can arrange for that to happen if you dont believe that a 400 cell magnaflow cat flows nearly the same as a straight 3" pipe.

we did this testing on our ATS in 2014ish, i have no idea where that specific dyno sheet went. its been a 4 years, and that car has changed a LOT. there is probably 500 dyno pulls attached to that car saved on the dyno. just going off memory here.

1) yes, on a stock tune, gains will be MINIMAL with bolt on mods, unless you somehow manipulate the MAF signal.
2) the stock downpipe is not really a restriction at stock boost (power levels) anyways.
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #12
Austin_504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
like i said above, the car was tuned. the car was dyno tuned with the offroad pipe on it. we removed that, and put on the catted pipe. if it was noticeably restrictive, the car would have lost power, which it didnt.

i have a flow bench, would you prefer me to put all 3 pipes on that? i can arrange for that to happen if you dont believe that a 400 cell magnaflow cat flows nearly the same as a straight 3" pipe.

we did this testing on our ATS in 2014ish, i have no idea where that specific dyno sheet went. its been a 4 years, and that car has changed a LOT. there is probably 500 dyno pulls attached to that car saved on the dyno. just going off memory here.

1) yes, on a stock tune, gains will be MINIMAL with bolt on mods, unless you somehow manipulate the MAF signal.
2) the stock downpipe is not really a restriction at stock boost (power levels) anyways.
Just saying it would be cool to see the differences if you put them all on a flow bench.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #13
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Did you buy mishi thru their website or 3rd party?
Old 01-17-2019, 09:39 PM   #14
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
Did you buy mishi thru their website or 3rd party?
From my experience.. it's a little cheaper to go thru 3rd party, Phastek, when they have a 10% or some sort of discount pricing during holidays rather than Mishi
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote