Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-21-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L

Last edited by ItsChristianInHD; 11-22-2021 at 09:04 PM.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
Gville1LE

Drives: 2006 Lexus IS350
Though we're further from the beach, consider the constantly growing Greenville, SC area. Better weather than Charleston and Columbia, closer to the mountains, and still within easy driving distance to the beach. Tons of jobs here, including IT; in fact, I work for an IT distributor.

Google Greenville, SC and see the many recent "awards" we've won, including top 10 tap water for the nation!
Gville1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #3
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
You may want to secure a job before moving. Also,moving in the winter can offer challenges too. Regardless,good luck.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
You may want to secure a job before moving. Also,moving in the winter can offer challenges too. Regardless,good luck.

Yup, solid advice!

That also means you can then write off some of the moving expenses.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #5
karmatourer
STD free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Yup, solid advice!

Exactly.
EDIT: Under last year's tax reform legislation, employers must include all moving expenses, in employees' wages, subject to income and employment taxes.

Last edited by karmatourer; 02-20-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #6
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I am north of Charlotte, NC, moved down from NY 13 years ago. Very nice area, inexpensive, and lots of jobs/companies. I too am in the IT field and work for a large company neaby. SC is nice as well, the coast is nice, I prefer NC and often make trips out to western NC in the mountains, beautiful areas and awesome roads to drive on!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
dohvb1

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2SS
Let me start by saying We love visiting Charleston and go at least once a year. That being said we moved from Michigan and lived in Charleston for about 3 years. It was miserable. On many occasions, customers were rude or wouldn't deal with me because I was a "yankee" Some people are still upset about losing the civil war and don't look kindly on northerners. For the amount of people in the area, which is relatively small, traffic is awful. Part of that is due to geography, very few options over the waterways cause bottlenecks that compound with each other. The other part is, they are seriously some of the worse drivers. Don't take my word for it, google worse drivers in country and SC comes near the bottom in most surveys.
dohvb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #8
karmatourer
STD free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Yup, solid advice!

Just saw this and it's not good,thanks to the Idiot in the White House and his tax cuts for the rich last year:
Under last year's tax reform legislation, employers must include all moving expenses, in employees' wages, subject to income and employment taxes.

Last edited by karmatourer; 02-21-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #9
SSport16

Quote:
Just saw this and it's not good,thanks the to Idiot in the White House and his tax cuts for the rich last year:
Under last year's tax reform legislation, employers must include all moving expenses, in employees' wages, subject to income and employment taxes.
Well I am far from rich, typical middle class family, my federal income taxes were cut drastically, few hundred $'s more in my pocket each month.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #10
karmatourer
STD free

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Well I am far from rich, typical middle class family, my federal income taxes were cut drastically, few hundred $'s more in my pocket each month.
And you are in a very small minority. You haven't done you taxes yet,right?Feel free to google it or read the papers or watch TV.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #11
SSport16

Quote:
And you are in a very small minority. You haven't done you taxes yet,right?Feel free to google it or read the papers or watch TV.
Nope...have talked to tons of people, same situation. And yes I have done them, already got my refund...not to get political, but layoff the CNN!

Old 02-24-2019, 10:38 PM   #12
Wfomotorsport

Drives: 2018 1LE SS
I second looking into Greenville, SC, it's an awesome city with a ton of opportunity and a relatively cheap cost of living when compared to living in the mountains like I do.
Good luck with your move.
Wfomotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #13
MidniteMaro

Drives: 2019 RS
Born and raised in charleston. Lived in Atlanta and Raleigh for about 6 months each after high school. Also Lived in Columbia the last 2 years and just moved back to Charleston. Being from Charleston, I would say it’s 100% than Columbia hands down. Columbia is a great area don’t get me wrong, but Charleston has way more to offer altogether. Now, the cost of living is a lot higher in the nicer areas of Charleston compared to Columbia. Just depends on what you’re trying to do. If you can pull off a nice part of mount pleasant in a modern home I would do it. The market here has been on the rise for the last few years or so and is coninueing to go up. Buying a home in the nicer areas of Charleston will greatly appreciate quickly. The benefits of Living down here are so worth the cost. I am mid 20s and absolutely love the vibe.
MidniteMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:40 PM   #14
karmatourer
STD free

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Nope...have talked to tons of people, same situation. And yes I have done them, already got my refund...not to get political, but layoff the CNN!
Not to get political either,but the average refund this year is smaller,with many people paying who never paid before. Check with IRS to verify.Stay off Alex Jones.