Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Pedal Commander thoughts

Pretty sure I will end up with a throttle controller in the near future, anyone try the Pedal Commander? I like the fact you can change the settings to your desired personal preference.
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I don't have the pedal commander just the VTC does the same thing you can adjust settings to your liking. You'll here a lot of flak and good stories about the units i'd urge you to make your own opinion on the product. Maybe use Amazon and PayPal as a method of purchase so you can return it easier if it's not to your liking.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
I have a JMS PedalMax
Old 06-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
man0steel

I would love to get a tune but don't want the hassle with the dealer/warranty. Hard to believe that GM doesn't offer a better mapping of the throttle controller. I just want to be able to accelerate in a spirited manner without having to push the pedal all the way to the floor and waiting for the car to respond........ you know.........like every other car out there.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I recently got a tune on my car after using the Vitesse....I'd be willing to sell it if you wanted one for cheaper than a new one haha
DarkFangz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #6
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I have your solution!! Does NOT void warranty, And does the EXACT same thing as the controller..
You, sir, win the internet today! Congrats! I love it!
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #7
man0steel

Brought this thread back to give my 2 cents on the Vitesse controller after using it since this thread started over a year ago.

I like it, zero problems, No CEL's. I got used to it pretty quick and more or less forgot it was there and became comfortable with the response. All that being said, it did not change the throttle lag one single bit (knew that going in).

What it did do is make me more comfortable with the throttle as a whole, made it feel like a quarter throttle felt like a quarter power and so on. I especially like the way it feels when performance shifting is engaged.

Now that the car car is going in for the A8 flush (among other things) and the controller is removed, I miss having it and it will go back in the car as soon as I get it back.

I hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing a throttle controller whether you decide to buy or not.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #8
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have one got it for free wouldnt pay for it but it was cool until i got a real tune
Old 02-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #9
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
My Vitesse threw me into limp mode on a 2 lane, no shoulder highway and my car died in the right lane; like shut off died; DED. I was able to restart it and everything worked fine except a CEL. I went to a local autozone, bought a knife, and took it out ASAP.

This is not frequent apparently, but my understanding is that it was reading over 100% commanded throttle and the ecu poo'ed its pants and shut off. Look into RaceChip if you want more performance without voiding warranty. Throttle controllers are a waste unless you can get it for the low on here. You can buy an upgraded throttle body for probably less than a new one of these that'll actually do you some good and increase pedal response.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #10
man0steel

I'm all good with the car the way it is with the throttle controller until my warranty expires in 3 years, then I will do some simple mods and a good tune. By then I would think most tune and mod bugs should be worked out and there should be good data for my decisions on what I want to do. Thanks for everyone's input
Old 02-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #11
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
My Vitesse threw me into limp mode on a 2 lane, no shoulder highway and my car died in the right lane; like shut off died; DED. I was able to restart it and everything worked fine except a CEL. I went to a local autozone, bought a knife, and took it out ASAP.

This is not frequent apparently, but my understanding is that it was reading over 100% commanded throttle and the ecu poo'ed its pants and shut off. Look into RaceChip if you want more performance without voiding warranty. Throttle controllers are a waste unless you can get it for the low on here. You can buy an upgraded throttle body for probably less than a new one of these that'll actually do you some good and increase pedal response.
Can vouch for the same issue....car did the same shit(almost killed by a semi) managed to make it to a gas station and i ripped that bitch out and sold it
Old 02-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #12
RaceChip

Drives: Camaro 2.0 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post

Thanks for recommending the RaceChip tune. However, RaceChip has a throttle controller, too. You have to experience the effect of a throttle controller yourself. Many people think it's snake oil (Why? Because there are some horrible products on the market & the effect is difficult to explain in general), but once they tested it, they love it (that's why RaceChip offers 30 days money back). I don't know why, but the Camaro has a huge throttle lag. Using a (high quality!) throttle controller will increase driving pleasure a lot.
Feel free to post your review in this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539498
RaceChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #13
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Just got the pedal commander only mode I really feel it was sport +. Feels pretty good basically gives you more open throttle faster so you don’t have to step on gas as much to get power. not worth $300 thoigh I bought for $150 on eBay I would say $100 is more like the price it should be though, no cel as of yet

Last edited by irobles3680; 02-23-2019 at 11:16 AM.
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #14
jvillareal1978

Drives: 2017 Camrao 2LT RS
I have been seeing a lot on these throttle controllers. I am running a tune from VT would using a throttle controller make any difference, or is this built into tuners?
jvillareal1978 is offline   Reply With Quote