Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #1135
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Runner length is key here for the combo.

The runners are shorter than the Holley, fast mid, and even the CID.

The results are about what I expected, I actually anticipated a little more HP up top. But its the nature of the beast with a short runner manifold.

This is why the High Ram is the beast it is. 6.5" runners are enough to RPM 8000 and keep the power fatter in the mid range.

For what its worth, we are testing a lot of intake manifolds on our heads/SS4 LS3 on the engine dyno this week. Then we are sliding in a big cam that we run with the shorter runner manifolds. Compression is mid 11's. We will pull near 8500 on some of them likely.

The results as always will be unbiased and as legit testing and you can possibly have.

Stock
Stock, Ported and modded
High Ram
CID
CID with Elbow
Fast
Fast Mid Runner
Sniper
LOD (if it gets here)
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #1136
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post

The results are about what I expected, I actually anticipated a little more HP up top. But its the nature of the beast with a short runner manifold.

This is why the High Ram is the beast it is. 6.5" runners are enough to RPM 8000 and keep the power fatter in the mid range.

For what its worth, we are testing a lot of intake manifolds on our heads/SS4 LS3 on the engine dyno this week. Then we are sliding in a big cam that we run with the shorter runner manifolds. Compression is mid 11's. We will pull near 8500 on some of them likely.

The results as always will be unbiased and as legit testing and you can possibly have.

Stock
Stock, Ported and modded
High Ram
CID
CID with Elbow
Fast
Fast Mid Runner
Sniper
LOD (if it gets here)

what heads will you be using for the test?

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #1137
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:

Stock
Stock, Ported and modded
High Ram
CID
CID with Elbow
Fast
Fast Mid Runner
Sniper
LOD (if it gets here)
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:00 PM   #1138
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:

Stock
Stock, Ported and modded
High Ram
CID
CID with Elbow
Fast
Fast Mid Runner
Sniper
LOD (if it gets here)
In for some results on the stock vs your stock port/RM vs LOD for sure!!! Hope it gets there. Thanks GPI!
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #1139
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:

Stock
Stock, Ported and modded
High Ram
CID
CID with Elbow
Fast
Fast Mid Runner
Sniper
LOD (if it gets here)
Old 07-01-2019, 09:08 PM   #1140
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:

Stock
Stock, Ported and modded
High Ram
CID
CID with Elbow
Fast
Fast Mid Runner
Sniper
LOD (if it gets here)
Awesome!!! I'm ready to pull the trigger on the ss4 NFC and a set of ported heads. I just need the right intake manifold to top it all, quite literally.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #1141
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

First time i ever order from GPI.

Talk about fast freakin service!!! Dear lord! Ordered on sunday evening around 6:00pm Los Angeles time!

Arrived just now (9:00am Los Angeles)

.....and cheaper than Summit!
Attached Images

Bone Stock
Old 07-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #1142
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
First time i ever order from GPI.

Talk about fast freakin service!!! Dear lord! Ordered on sunday evening around 6:00pm Los Angeles time!

Arrived just now (9:00am Los Angeles)

.....and cheaper than Summit!
GPI FTW... nice TB
Old 07-02-2019, 12:05 PM   #1143
Rhino79

We will be using out LS3 ported heads at about 11.5:1
Old 07-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #1144
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
We will be using out LS3 ported heads at about 11.5:1
awesome!

any update on whether the LOD manifold will be there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
Old 07-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #1145
Rhino79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
awesome!

any update on whether the LOD manifold will be there?

No word
Old 07-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #1146
l.o.d_yankee

Drives: 2010/2SS/M6/440ci
Quote:
No word
We spoke to Ryan over at GPI. He said he wasn't going to start testing the short runners for another week. Dont worry we will get one out to you as soon as we ship the last customer manifold out. (It will get there)
2010 2SS Camaro - Engine: 5.3 aluminum Re-sleeved 4.185 bore, 4 inch stroke, 12.5:1 compression, 440ci, SPS Dart pro1 ls3 heads, tsp ls7 stage 4.2 cam(too small), "billet bill" original X1 manifold, bbk 102mm, cai cold air. Exhaust: TSP 2 inch primaries, V-band merge, hooker blackheart x pipe (modified) spintech 9000 mufflers. Drivetrain: Dss 1 piece driveshaft, MGW shifter, Z28 clutch, ram aluminium flywheel. Body: ZTA spoiler, de-badged, ZL1 front bumper, 14-15 mohawk, two tone paint.
l.o.d_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #1147
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

YES!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!

Bone Stock
Old 07-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #1148
Rhino79

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.o.d_yankee View Post
We spoke to Ryan over at GPI. He said he wasn't going to start testing the short runners for another week. Dont worry we will get one out to you as soon as we ship the last customer manifold out. (It will get there)
That's me. Yessir, when we talked about Chris's results last week I had mentioned that testing would start mid/late this week.

Looks like we should start on stock, ported stock, and maybe a few more tomorrow. Off for the 4th. Come back and resume friday with the high ram, CID, Sniper, etc. Then monday likely we will swap out the SS4 for a cam more suited for shorter runners and big RPM. Then we will retest all of the short runner manifolds.