Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #15
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
What does CPO stand for? Just wondering, know most automotive abbreviations. thanks.
Certified Pre-Owned
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #16
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
My Certified Pre Owned came with a nail in a rear tire.....
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #17
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackSaw View Post
Nice!! Considering Chevy advertises that they replace the tires lol that’s silly
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #18
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
38,000 - i’m Saving about 4k out the door on it OVER new. It’s about 8k cheaper than MSRP. The new one i am considering is 40,400 but the dealer fees are higher.

Overall 44,640 new vs 40,900 on the used CPO
Ok I got it now, so still 4K less than a possible new one. Not bad all of the sudden!!!

One heck of a car man, I had an SS 1LE and it was amazing.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #19
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Hey guys, I am looking seriously at purchasing a SS1LE that has right around 800 miles on it. On the carfax, it is labeled "titled corporate fleet" in PA. Now it is for sale in Alabama. It is a CPO vehicle, but i am nervous it may have been a demo dealer car or something.

Do you think this was a demo car that was thrased, or maybe a car that someone bought and just labeled in his business name? Is there a way to tell?

Thanks in advance.
If the car was titled to GM as part of GM Corporate Fleet that means one of two things...
  1. It was assigned to a company car driver for 6 months.
  2. A Company car driver ordered it as his or her “Drive and Buy” vehicle, drove it as a company vehicle, then when it was time to buy it they changed their mind.

If it was #1, it was probably assigned to a Camaro team member. Cars with MT are only assigned to drivers who indicate on their driver profile that they can and are willing to drive an MT. And “special performance package” cars (1LE, ZL1, Z06, etc) are typically only assigned to people on the team developing the car or any company car driver that orders them as a Drive and Buy. The friend that I have who sponsored me for Guest Day at M1 Concourse had just purchased his Grand Sport through the Drive and Buy program.

I would suggest you seriously consider getting this vehicle if you are looking for a low mile 1LE. More than likely those miles were put on it by someone who knows very clearly what it is and would therefore have treated it well.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:46 AM   #20
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
If the car was titled to GM as part of GM Corporate Fleet that means one of two things...
  2. A Company car driver ordered it as his or her “Drive and Buy” vehicle, drove it as a company vehicle, then when it was time to buy it they changed their mind.

If it was #1, it was probably assigned to a Camaro team member. Cars with MT are only assigned to drivers who indicate on their driver profile that they can and are willing to drive an MT. And “special performance package” cars (1LE, ZL1, Z06, etc) are typically only assigned to people on the team developing the car or any company car driver that orders them as a Drive and Buy. The friend that I have who sponsored me for Guest Day at M1 Concourse had just purchased his Grand Sport through the Drive and Buy program.

I would suggest you seriously consider getting this vehicle if you are looking for a low mile 1LE. More than likely those miles were put on it by someone who knows very clearly what it is and would therefore have treated it well.
That helps. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #21
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Instead of guessing and wondering just contact the dealer and flat out ask how it was used.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #22
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Instead of guessing and wondering just contact the dealer and flat out ask how it was used.
The most the dealer will be able to tell him is where and when it was bought at auction.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 05-17-2018, 07:41 AM   #23
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

Quote:
That helps. Thank you!
Actually, there is a 3rd option that I completely forgot about. It could have been a “promo car” used for photo shoots and/or controlled journalist drives or at special events, like courtesy cars at GM sponsored events (races, golf tournaments). That would explain 800 miles as opposed to 8,000 miles.

In any event, I am surprised this vehicle slipped through the cracks. It must have come available during winter when a 455 hp car with gummy tires isn’t very useful. Company owned vehicles coming out of service are put on a “tag” list where employees and retirees can tag them and buy them for a discount beyond the typical GM discount. The more miles on the car the bigger the discount. I typically turned in cars with 8 - 10,000 miles over 6 months. Those not sold through the tag program are sold to GM dealers at auction.

The dealer can tell you when and where they bought it. They would have zero info on who used it or how.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:25 AM   #24
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
With CPO warranty it would be great, albeit at a much lower price. 38k is what some folks have paid for cars with almost zero miles, but that may have been during the winter or end of month blowout sales.
I guess it depends on the area you are in and how much of a demand is out there for the 1LE.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Asked them with no real answer. That was my first option lol
Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #26
Move_Over

After pushing the dealer for answers a little bit this is what their response was

“After looking into the history on this vehicle, it was owned by GM before we purchased the vehicle. Why would you not want a GM owned vehicle? It usually means that the car has been very lightly used or put on display.”
Old 05-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #27
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I looked at a 2LT/1LE when I was purchasing mine. It turned out to be a 'Promo Vehicle' and was used at the State Fair of Texas on display. There was a discount to be had, but not as good as the discount I got on my 2LT, so I skipped it and went for what I have now.

There are definitely deals to be had out there for sure. I saved a lot!
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #28
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackSaw View Post
ya my 14 did too

2018 HBM 2SS CONVERTIBLE A8
wildchevy is offline   Reply With Quote