Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
mbavon

Drives: 50 ann. Rs, V6, sunroof, nav, spl
Location: Rochester NY way upstate 3 hours from Toronto on Lake Ontario
Problem with my Camaro?

I did not drive my 50th Anniversary Camaro this winter. The battery did die but it quickly recharged. I kept it running to build up the charge and start it up and let it run every day. I notice now when I go to lock the car the horn does not sound. Is it because of the battery situation or is it something that I need to reset?
mbavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbavon View Post
I did not drive my 50th Anniversary Camaro this winter. The battery did die but it quickly recharged. I kept it running to build up the charge and start it up and let it run every day. I notice now when I go to lock the car the horn does not sound. Is it because of the battery situation or is it something that I need to reset?
Mine doesn't make a sound when I click the lock button once. It only beeps when I click the lock button 2-3 times consecutively
Old 03-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You need to reset the lock options....

be careful, batts that are flattened lose some operating life, the longer it sat flat, the more life you have lost.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
be careful, batts that are flattened lose some operating life, the longer it sat flat, the more life you have lost.
I agree with Glen. You mention the locks. You should familiarize yourself with the 1-click 2-click logic, but I have often noticed strange lock behavior as the first sign of a dying battery. I think sometimes energizing the lock solenoids causes enough voltage drop to screw up the digital signals which control the door modules. Once the car is running the alternator will mask any deficiencies on a borderline battery.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote