Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #43
Castrosua

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Just checking in.

I also appologize buuuuuuut....

Its a superb (fancy word for me lol) car but for a camaro? that C pillar area and that back window and the spoiler on the SS? What does a a boxer say when you try to grab its tail? not feeling it
1972 Lincoln Continental fully original down to paint
Castrosua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #44
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Certain special people are going to hold on to the weight till the bitter end. It's the last thing they've got. The camaro is looking like it will curb stomp the mustang. Like it will do exactly what the thread implies on their forum and it's killing them. " outperform the mustang in every way" . They are sour their company didn't deliver and ours did.

It won't even matter when the official curb weights are revealed. The car will be weighed by some third party somewhere loaded with every option and then the numbers will be construed to better fit their argument. Or a mag perhaps. Whichever they can grab.

GM is the dark side and can publish whatever they want. The true weight of the car you should believe will come from a mustang fanboy. Their savior. The person that keeps on telling them to believe in Santa Clause.... U get the point.

Calling it right now. My god it's sad lol.

P.S.... I'm not beyond admitting I'm wrong if the weight is more. I'll be upset with GM for misleading us. But ultimately it looks to be the best car. They have done enough with the car that I'm sold regardless.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:33 PM   #45
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
"There isn't going to be a 2.0L Turbo. You guys are lying."

Seriously. Where is the guy who kept insisting Al said there was no turbo 4 coming. Be a man and apologize for insisting that an out of context quote was irrefutable evidence. I'm glad to see a lot of people talking positives who were being negative yesterday. Presentation matters as we all saw. Awesome job Team Camaro.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #46
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Seriously. Where is the guy who kept insisting Al said there was no turbo 4 coming. Be a man and apologize for insisting that an out of context quote was irrefutable evidence. I'm glad to see a lot of people talking positives who were being negative yesterday. Presentation matters as we all saw. Awesome job Team Camaro.
That guy was an ass clown, and was 100% sure there would not be an i4. Tool box.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #47
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS

One has to wonder though, why did GM release those photos to CNBC yesterday? They did the car NO justice whatsoever. Was it simply to have more attention on today's reveal?

Whatever the case, I'm more on board than I was yesterday or in weeks past. lol
Old 05-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #48
ULTRAZLS1

Could have been some type of strategy. There are also rumors that CNBC screwed up and wasn't supposed to show it. Who knows. It turned out ok though. Mustang guys got to sleep good with thoughts of an uglier and heavier car with only 440hp in their heads. And we got the last laugh today. Win for everyone lol !
Old 05-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #49
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I had ZERO plans to purchase a 6th Gen but after seeing all of the photos I really like it.

The wife saw photos and video and said we need one in our garage next to the 4th and 5th Gen. I will hold off for a 2017 5th Anniversary SS or Z/28
Old 05-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #50
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I would like to see all those who said no way will it have 450HP or more and also those who said it wasn't losing 200lbs in this thread. Looks are totally subjective and opinion. Performance data is fact.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:24 AM   #51
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I would like to see all those who said no way will it have 450HP or more and also those who said it wasn't losing 200lbs in this thread. Looks are totally subjective and opinion. Performance data is fact.
The weight issue is far from being settled at the ford camp. Which I can respect. Especially after what happened to them.

It would take nothing short of a live feed from a ford camp faithful of them weighing the car. Certainly on a freshly certified scale with "thepill" supervising. Before you can even think about this ending.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:33 AM   #52
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The weight issue is far from being settled at the ford camp. Which I can respect. Especially after what happened to them.

It would take nothing short of a live feed from a ford camp faithful of them weighing the car. Certainly on a freshly certified scale with "thepill" supervising. Before you can even think about this ending.
At this point they would be holding on to their fingernails and grasping at straws. In fact I bet THE PILL is freaking out about now because he knows in his head that he is YET AGAIN is dead wrong about car weight despite what he will admit. If he is not then I think he has mental issues and in deniel. When GM says it will be AT LEAST 200lbs lighter I take that as fact. If they lied and we don't get a base SS at 3710lbs I will be the first to come here and bash them for it.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:37 AM   #53
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
At this point they would be holding on to their fingernails and grasping at straws. In fact I bet THE PILL is freaking out about now because he knows in his head that he is YET AGAIN is dead wrong about car weight despite what he will admit. If he is not then I think he has mental issues and in deniel. When GM says it will be AT LEAST 200lbs lighter I take that as fact. If they lied and we don't get a base SS at 3710lbs I will be the first to come here and bash them for it.
I agree 100%.

But without any official numbers I can still understand their point of view. It's not total denial... Yet.

Even then I foresee a heavily optioned car tipping past the 200 pound mark by someone's account and them holding on to some type of denial.

You have to remember a large number of the ford camp actually believe the 1le can't handle and its handling prowess is some sort of conspiracy despite enough evidence to the contrary to easily prove otherwise. At least to anyone with half a brain. Some people will never accept anything no matter what. Denial can get thick when your looking at a 40k mustake.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-17-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:47 AM   #54
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395912

Fun read.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:22 AM   #55
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
You have said this in probably 8 threads since the reveal. We get it. You like your car. You don't need to keep trying to convince us. It's us you are trying to convince, right?
I'll say it in as many threads as I like, but if you want to get it right this is the 2nd one I posted this in. So maybe check the facts next time before you go talking shit.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #56
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Well, when the CNBC pics came out I daid "meh". The real deal is a bit better than that.

There are always going to be few things on any I car I love that I don't necessarily like. Doesn't mean I don't still love the car. Redesigning this car had to be a real challenge for GM. It was already a really good car, and it would've been real easy for them to mess it up.

I think they pulled it off nicely. This car will do well for them for a few years to come.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote