Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #43
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Not only do we need to wait for reveal - the car in person will likely present itself differently then any picture or video online.

Personally, I like what I see so far, aggressive stance, and it surely looks like a performance coupe. I believe the details that the camo is hiding, and also what the renderings are missing (understandably), will make the car what it needs to be, most will love it IMO, even the mustang is growing on me, my first impression of it was not good.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:05 PM   #44
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
And this is a recent gif he did

THIS is probably pretty accurate.
Actually that was a very early photoshop graft of a 2015 Camaro to the form of the spy shot (obvi) done well before I started the 3D model. I did three total and they are all in my other thread.

I created my 3D model by matching the camera angles of the spy shots to my 3d camera, so they are only as accurate as my guess on the focal length and distance of my 3d camera. You can see that several areas are off.My roof needs to be flatter like the camo (and the 2015) the windshield is too sloped and my 3D headlight crease is a little too high. probably because my front angle was not matched right. So most of my Photoshop image is actually pretty accurate because the shapes are dead on, (except the crease that runs from the headlight to the foglight and the actual shape of the taillights.

Go over to my thread on Mustang6g.com, see how close my 3d model renders were to the real thing. Roughly 90%. Very close but not perfect, but I did have more insider info.

The only leaks on the Camaro were the Nurburgring shots, the ebay headlights and a crop of the rumored front clip someone claimed they bought on ebay (someone anonymous passed along). All it showed was the crease from the headlight down to the foglight and the smaller, higher foglight opening. The model is gleaned mostly from intuition and guesswork from the various angles of the Nurburgring images. I had hoped to be leaked the taillights, but that never happened. I am certain they will be an order of magnitude greater than my sad guess. (basic enclosure shape is correct, though.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:34 AM   #45
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Awesome work and quite impressive.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:32 AM   #46
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I was hoping for a more retro front end. I guess they are sticking with modern. Not a killer for me I just love the old 68,69 front ends and was hoping they would add that. I am more looking forward to the interior to be honest. Hopefully less plastic and cheapness.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #47
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Look at the new Malibu. The 6th Gen will have Corvette-esque taillights, just like the Malibu, I guarantee it.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote