Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #57
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Some of these are a little dated, but nonetheless, here goes...

FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger

View My Garage

iTrader Rating: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1
Details??!!

I've heard whispers that it may revolve around the look of gen 4?......

It won't be a 4th gen rehash...not like how the 5th gen is based off the '69 Camaro. The rumors are that it will return to a sleeker design set forth by the 3rd/4th gens rather than an evolution of the 5th gen.

I loved my LS1 4th gen and think a modernized version of it would be sweet. I doubt that's a popular opinion though.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #58

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I loved my LS1 4th gen and think a modernized version of it would be sweet. I doubt that's a popular opinion though.

Just this, then I'll shut....

Don't think I'm too far off by saying that the real surprise with the 6thGen will be how much the styling looks like the 5th...
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #59

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
There are plenty of cars that don't change styling that much from generation to generation, like Porsche and BMW. Even the new Mustang isn't that big of a change when you put it side by side with the previous generation.
Well, one more thing...lol...

That may be the case with Porsche, BMW and Mustang....

Camaro Generations 1-5 all have had upgrades, engine changes, styling re-freshes, etc during their Generational run... They were very distinct from each other in styling generation to generation overall ...perhaps the Gen6 will be the end of that distinction for Camaro...and why some (maybe just me) are looking for something different....
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:54 PM   #60
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
The 5th gen was given ONE refresh which looks just fine for my tastes since I belong to a generation that use to get a model refresh each and every year when I was a kid growing up. Some people like it, some don't, thats totally acceptable when it comes to individual taste.

The 5th gen design inspiration was the 1st gen and it was refreshed every year with similar minor updates for all 3 years and they did not alter the basic design language but they enhanced enough of the car to keep it fresh. This would be very expensive in todays manufacturing climate.

5th gens still stand out in a crowd and continue to draw ooh's and ahh's from kids and adults alike, it has not grown old but it is time to move forward be it an evolutionary design or not.

I'm anticipating the new model to be a clean sheet upgrade as it relates to driving and performance dynamics from the present car. The design will be a bonus regardless of how far they decide to go from what we have today.

This car will make all you "Nancy's", no disrespect to any actual female Nancy's, change your tune once the car and info is finally revealed. This car will not disappoint.
So anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion is a "Nancy?"

Quote:
An entirely new car on a new platform with a new engine and transmission is slightly more than a refresh.
You're right, but when you do all of that and make the car look 95% the same as the outgoing model, it doesn't appear that way. Even evolutionary designs are typically quite a bit different than their predecessors. The prototypes appear to be a 5th gen rebuilt on the ATS platform using the Corvette's engine and transmission.

This could be Corvette 2.0, where the prototypes were underwhelming and the final product turned out fantastic. I really hope that's the case here.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #61
NAS

Drives: '10 SS
IMO I would love to see the 6th gen to be based off the 3rd especially those renderings we saw a while back. But that's just me.
NAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #62
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS View Post
IMO I would love to see the 6th gen to be based off the 3rd especially those renderings we saw a while back. But that's just me.
I agree. That modern take of a 3rd gen drawing was fantastic. That drawing is what got me following the 6th gen Camaro.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #63
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Well, one more thing...lol...

That may be the case with Porsche, BMW and Mustang....

Camaro Generations 1-5 all have had upgrades, engine changes, styling re-freshes, etc during their Generational run... They were very distinct from each other in styling generation to generation overall ...perhaps the Gen6 will be the end of that distinction for Camaro...and why some (maybe just me) are looking for something different....
I know but that is one thing that I don't like about the Camaro. There is no lineage to its design. I hope this is the start of a Camaro continually looking like a Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
So anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion is a "Nancy?"

You're right, but when you do all of that and make the car look 95% the same as the outgoing model, it doesn't appear that way. Even evolutionary designs are typically quite a bit different than their predecessors. The prototypes appear to be a 5th gen rebuilt on the ATS platform using the Corvette's engine and transmission.

This could be Corvette 2.0, where the prototypes were underwhelming and the final product turned out fantastic. I really hope that's the case here.
We are still looking at a camo'd car. We haven't seen the final design. I'm not going to judge the car until I have seen it in person.

I expect the car to look similar to the 5th gen but be different in many ways.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #64
AwaitingDelivery

Drives: Gets me from A to B
Quote:

they surprised us once, they can easily do it again. Here's to hoping for that
AwaitingDelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #65
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
once again... I would be 10000% happy if the exterior stayed the same, just change the boring interior
Why would you want the exterior to stay the same? To me looking at the pic body lines look exactly like the 5th Gen. I want things to evolve for the better. Mustang looks pretty damn good. The GT350 looks even sexier than the GT. I hope GM can provide the same wow factor. Ford and Dodge both get a thumbs up for what they have done.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #66
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS View Post
Quote:
I agree. That modern take of a 3rd gen drawing was fantastic. That drawing is what got me following the 6th gen Camaro.

100% Agree! Man , those renderings were sweet!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #67
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Is this the one you guys are talking about?
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #68
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Why would you want the exterior to stay the same? To me looking at the pic body lines look exactly like the 5th Gen. I want things to evolve for the better. Mustang looks pretty damn good. The GT350 looks even sexier than the GT. I hope GM can provide the same wow factor. Ford and Dodge both get a thumbs up for what they have done.

Agree! Because you need see a big difference in the car design not just little details! For me the front is the biggest thing for the car to look like a different car to me! And this is what I want to see!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #69
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
5th gens still stand out in a crowd and continue to draw ooh's and ahh's from kids and adults alike...
I wish I lived in that world.

No one looks twice at this car anymore. They're a dime a dozen in my neck of the woods. A far cry from 2010/2011 when they really did get looks and comments.

If anyone is still "ooohing and ahhing" at the 5th gen, they've been under a rock for the last 4 years.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #70
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The Mustang GT has a truckish looking front end. The GT350 cleans up the front significantly. I like it, but not the GT.

The Challenger is still the same design...with a crazy engine.

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation